2018 NHL Draft Thread

Jas0nMacIsaac

Don't have much to add other then: Lets the Rasmus Dahlin era commence!

And if the Sabres somehow do not take Rasmus or deal #1, I will personally fly to Buffalo and remove GM Jason Botterill from his office.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LOTCB said:

Don't have much to add other then: Lets the Rasmus Dahlin era commence!

And if the Sabres somehow do not take Rasmus or deal #1, I will personally fly to Buffalo and remove GM Jason Botterill from his office.

Will be nice to see Buffalo be competitive again. I always love visiting the city, the fans there are super passionate and always very nice. They def deserve better than what ownership and their front office have done for them over the last(wow can't believe it) 10 years. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Will be nice to see Buffalo be competitive again. I always love visiting the city, the fans there are super passionate and always very nice. They def deserve better than what ownership and their front office have done for them over the last(wow can't believe it) 10 years. 

It's been an embarrassing run for the Sabres to say the least. I do think the Sabres finally have the right GM (Wish they had Botterill when the tank first began) but we were all fooled by Tim Murray. As for the Devils, you have to be excited and encouraged by what you are seeing. Elite player in Taylor Hall, good cap space, a really good young core. Should be a fun ride for a Devils fan for the foreseeable future

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

With all of Chirelli, Dorion and Bergevin all needing to be active, tonight should be pretty interesting.   I will be glued to the TV.  

I didn't watch as much CHL as in past years so I don't know a whole lot about any of these guys but right now I'm hoping Ty Smith somehow falls to us. 

I wonder if we're going to be in for a bit a let down so far as big trades.  There might be something of a Taylor Hall effect where GMs don't want to be perceived as being an overwhelming loser in a trade involving a big ticket item.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I wonder if we're going to be in for a bit a let down so far as big trades.  There might be something of a Taylor Hall effect where GMs don't want to be perceived as being an overwhelming loser in a trade involving a big ticket item.

I considered that and therefore will pick up beer prior to the start of the draft to take the edge off if it's a dud :D

Seriously though, yeah, it could always lack any movement like most trade deadline shows but the three I mentioned almost have to make a move don't they?  Also with the cap going up, a lot of GM's have the flexibility to make moves that they didn't in previous years.  

That’s a given. It’s a let down every year with trades. Because everyone speculates there will be a sh!tload of trades at the draft every year, and there never are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I considered that and therefore will pick up beer prior to the start of the draft to take the edge off if it's a dud :D

Seriously though, yeah, it could always lack any movement like most trade deadline shows but the three I mentioned almost have to make a move don't they?  Also with the cap going up, a lot of GM's have the flexibility to make moves that they didn't in previous years.  

I just feel that GMs like Bergevin and Chiarelli are going to be paralyzed by indecision.  Yes, they need to trade certain things, but at the same time no one really needs what either of them are selling.  Like Pacioretty's a good player, but no one who is gunning for a Cup run really needs him to do that.  Same with the 10th pick which Edmonton is trying to unload.  Plus it doesn't help that they've made extremely poor trades in recent past, and everyone will be trying to take advantage of the same thing.

Anyway, would love Shero to trade Severson + for 10th overall if someone like Boqvist or Wahlstrom is still there. Especially if the idea is to pursue Carlson in free agency. 

Edited by Daniel

So... you think the Oilers are open for another trade?

At the middle of the 1st you need to get the best skater no matter position especially you think the earliest you can expect a player from here is two seasons from now.

Edited by roomtemp

5 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Someone just needs to tell their tv guys that the Devils stopped playing the trap ages ago. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I've seen Severson's name come up in like ten different rumors. Some reputable, some not. But, as they say, where there's smoke there's a 1% chance there's fire. 

I would be very disappointed if we traded Severson while his value is low, unless someone is going to blow us away. 

Edmonton needs defense

1 hour ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I've seen Severson's name come up in like ten different rumors. Some reputable, some not. But, as they say, where there's smoke there's a 1% chance there's fire. 

I would be very disappointed if we traded Severson while his value is low, unless someone is going to blow us away. 

I doubt Shero will sell low on him.

There's gonna be some trades tonight, no doubt. Hopefully, the Devils are involved because it's going to be hard for us to take a step forward next year without getting very lucky.

Yeah there’s gonna be no Tavares or Carlson available. Shero is gonna have to try and get creative.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah there’s gonna be no Tavares or Carlson available. Shero is gonna have to try and get creative.

I don't think Nico realizes how much is riding on him next season. Our hopes may rest on how big of a step forward he takes.

• Like 1

Honestly, the booing of bettman is getting a bit lame.  I was at the draft in Philadelphia and it was just embarrassing 

i mean it’s one thing if he out there presenting the Conn Smythe to a bloated goalie we just torched in every game in our arena, but otherwise...

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

It would be nice if Buffalo just picked Dahlin immediately and not use the whole three minutes....

Just a reminder: fvck teams that are perpetually bad and eventually suck for so long they finally trip into a can't miss generational talent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1