Jump to content

2018 NHL Draft Thread


Jas0nMacIsaac
 Share

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

A letter to tonight’s pick from Nico: 48af608ff62f7f0ce7e62be5e898e2d4.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I love this kid. 

Nothing to be embarrassed about with the I love to hockey comment though Nico, it was fvcking great!

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With all of Chirelli, Dorion and Bergevin all needing to be active, tonight should be pretty interesting.   I will be glued to the TV.  

I didn't watch as much CHL as in past years so I don't know a whole lot about any of these guys but right now I'm hoping Ty Smith somehow falls to us. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't have much to add other then: Lets the Rasmus Dahlin era commence!

And if the Sabres somehow do not take Rasmus or deal #1, I will personally fly to Buffalo and remove GM Jason Botterill from his office.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LOTCB said:

Don't have much to add other then: Lets the Rasmus Dahlin era commence!

And if the Sabres somehow do not take Rasmus or deal #1, I will personally fly to Buffalo and remove GM Jason Botterill from his office.

Will be nice to see Buffalo be competitive again. I always love visiting the city, the fans there are super passionate and always very nice. They def deserve better than what ownership and their front office have done for them over the last(wow can't believe it) 10 years. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Will be nice to see Buffalo be competitive again. I always love visiting the city, the fans there are super passionate and always very nice. They def deserve better than what ownership and their front office have done for them over the last(wow can't believe it) 10 years. 

 

It's been an embarrassing run for the Sabres to say the least. I do think the Sabres finally have the right GM (Wish they had Botterill when the tank first began) but we were all fooled by Tim Murray. As for the Devils, you have to be excited and encouraged by what you are seeing. Elite player in Taylor Hall, good cap space, a really good young core. Should be a fun ride for a Devils fan for the foreseeable future

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

With all of Chirelli, Dorion and Bergevin all needing to be active, tonight should be pretty interesting.   I will be glued to the TV.  

I didn't watch as much CHL as in past years so I don't know a whole lot about any of these guys but right now I'm hoping Ty Smith somehow falls to us. 

I wonder if we're going to be in for a bit a let down so far as big trades.  There might be something of a Taylor Hall effect where GMs don't want to be perceived as being an overwhelming loser in a trade involving a big ticket item.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I wonder if we're going to be in for a bit a let down so far as big trades.  There might be something of a Taylor Hall effect where GMs don't want to be perceived as being an overwhelming loser in a trade involving a big ticket item.

I considered that and therefore will pick up beer prior to the start of the draft to take the edge off if it's a dud :D

Seriously though, yeah, it could always lack any movement like most trade deadline shows but the three I mentioned almost have to make a move don't they?  Also with the cap going up, a lot of GM's have the flexibility to make moves that they didn't in previous years.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if we're going to be in for a bit a let down so far as big trades.  There might be something of a Taylor Hall effect where GMs don't want to be perceived as being an overwhelming loser in a trade involving a big ticket item.

That’s a given. It’s a let down every year with trades. Because everyone speculates there will be a sh!tload of trades at the draft every year, and there never are.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I considered that and therefore will pick up beer prior to the start of the draft to take the edge off if it's a dud :D

Seriously though, yeah, it could always lack any movement like most trade deadline shows but the three I mentioned almost have to make a move don't they?  Also with the cap going up, a lot of GM's have the flexibility to make moves that they didn't in previous years.  

I just feel that GMs like Bergevin and Chiarelli are going to be paralyzed by indecision.  Yes, they need to trade certain things, but at the same time no one really needs what either of them are selling.  Like Pacioretty's a good player, but no one who is gunning for a Cup run really needs him to do that.  Same with the 10th pick which Edmonton is trying to unload.  Plus it doesn't help that they've made extremely poor trades in recent past, and everyone will be trying to take advantage of the same thing.

Anyway, would love Shero to trade Severson + for 10th overall if someone like Boqvist or Wahlstrom is still there. Especially if the idea is to pursue Carlson in free agency. 

Edited by Daniel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So... you think the Oilers are open for another trade?

 

At the middle of the 1st you need to get the best skater no matter position especially you think the earliest you can expect a player from here is two seasons from now.

Edited by roomtemp
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Will be nice to see Buffalo be competitive again. I always love visiting the city, the fans there are super passionate and always very nice. They def deserve better than what ownership and their front office have done for them over the last(wow can't believe it) 10 years. 

Someone just needs to tell their tv guys that the Devils stopped playing the trap ages ago. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've seen Severson's name come up in like ten different rumors. Some reputable, some not. But, as they say, where there's smoke there's a 1% chance there's fire. 

I would be very disappointed if we traded Severson while his value is low, unless someone is going to blow us away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I've seen Severson's name come up in like ten different rumors. Some reputable, some not. But, as they say, where there's smoke there's a 1% chance there's fire. 

I would be very disappointed if we traded Severson while his value is low, unless someone is going to blow us away. 

Edmonton needs defense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I've seen Severson's name come up in like ten different rumors. Some reputable, some not. But, as they say, where there's smoke there's a 1% chance there's fire. 

I would be very disappointed if we traded Severson while his value is low, unless someone is going to blow us away. 

I doubt Shero will sell low on him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's gonna be some trades tonight, no doubt. Hopefully, the Devils are involved because it's going to be hard for us to take a step forward next year without getting very lucky.

Yeah there’s gonna be no Tavares or Carlson available. Shero is gonna have to try and get creative.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.