February 24th Elias night

Satans Hockey

23 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

It was a joke bro. Relax lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured, it's just been a long time since I've used Photoshop, so it was hard to tell.  And I guess that's just too sensitive of a subject for me to find it funny.  Well played though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It was a joke bro. Relax lol.

I also feel pretty stupid now, because looking at it more closely, I can see the stripe on the bottom was just covered up with a white rectangle...not at all elite Photoshop skills lol.  The thing that got me though was the banners in the background -- I've only been to the rock once, and I didn't recall or think they would have had two sets of banners, (and also the Lightning down here for example only have one, so I figured that was standard), which is why when I first looked at the image I said to myself, "that's either a reallllllllllllly good Photoshop job where someone was able to re-hang a new set of banners, or the Devils just fvcked all of us fans by changing the jersey style".  

Edited by NJDfan1711

lol I never said I was an artist.  It was something I slapped together in 5 minutes when the new jerseys were unveiled.

The current placement of the retirement banners is still pretty.  I think it was either in 14-15 or in 15-16 that they moved them to the current location.  Previously it was at the end near the SC banners as shown in my picture and yes the Devils oddly made 2 sets of them.  They did the same thing when Niedermayer's went up in December 2011.

lol I never said I was an artist.  It was something I slapped together in 5 minutes when the new jerseys were unveiled.
The current placement of the retirement banners is still pretty.  I think it was either in 14-15 or in 15-16 that they moved them to the current location.  Previously it was at the end near the SC banners as shown in my picture and yes the Devils oddly made 2 sets of them.  They did the same thing when Niedermayer's went up in December 2011.

I REALLY wish they'd fix the Nieds banner already... They have a banner with the correct font hanging in the practice rink, they can't just switch them? It drives me nuts.

On 2/15/2018 at 11:48 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Enjoy it man.  I wish I could.  It's impossible to discuss who could be next one day without very heavy speculation (does Hall re-sign here and play 8-10 more years at a high level, etc).  We all knew that Stevens, Daneyko, Brodeur and Elias would get their day.  Nieds was a mild surprise (mostly because he left), but of course his body of work as a Devil made him plenty worthy.  Still wish they'd fix his damned banner already.     

What on his banner needs to be fixed? 

20 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Deb just said every fan in attendance receives an Elias mini banner next week, NOT just the first 9,000 fans, which was the rumor I heard.

Thanks for sharing, definitely hope that's the case.  All fans at the game definitely deserve one.  Do you know if they will have a commemorative ticket again like they did with Brodeur, that was a nice surprise last time with that.

20 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Deb just said every fan in attendance receives an Elias mini banner next week, NOT just the first 9,000 fans, which was the rumor I heard.

Matt said the same thing on Twitter...don’t think they changed it on the website though. I’m hoping it’s really the case cause I don’t want to rush in and have an extra 45 minutes before the ceremony of doing nothing when there’s gonna be an extra hour after the ceremony and before the game as is.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 2

Matt said the same thing on Twitter...don’t think they changed it on the website though. I’m hoping it’s really the case cause I don’t want to rush in and have an extra 45 minutes before the ceremony of doing nothing when there’s gonna be an extra hour after the ceremony and before the game as is.

It would be so ridiculously unfair to only make it the first 9,000... I mean, come on. Just spend the extra money and get 17,000 banners printed. I'm really tired of the tone deaf nature of this organization when it comes to stuff like this.

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It would be so ridiculously unfair to only make it the first 9,000... I mean, come on. Just spend the extra money and get 17,000 banners printed. I'm really tired of the tone deaf nature of this organization when it comes to stuff like this.

That''s been my biggest pet peeve this year.  Overall I think they have done a pretty good job with the fan experience.  But 9,000 is a joke when they have had huge turnouts this season.  That's barely 1/2.  If they did 12k or 15k fine but 9k is not enough.  And I know there are always extras so if you do get shut out contact your rep and they can usually hook you up.  

I don't mind getting there early but it's tough on weeknight games or when I have my kids with me.  If I remember from other jersey ceremonies they pass the mini banners out when you leave.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Is there any fear about this game not being a sellout?

I've been contacted by three different ticket reps trying to get me to buy additional tickets..

It would be absolutely embarrassing to have empty seats in the building on Saturday.

According to Ticketmaster there are only 6 regular tickets available.  But there are a lot of the "resale" tickets available.  Who knows how many of these the Devils or their brokers actually own.

Plus it could be a "sell out" and the Devils can still have tickets available.  Every game has tickets that are not for sale to the general public that the Devils are required to hold back either for the teams or the NHL.  I remember buying playoff tickets on game day once the Devils were allowed to release the hold backs.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2018 at 3:27 PM, rpaq88 said:

That''s been my biggest pet peeve this year.  Overall I think they have done a pretty good job with the fan experience.  But 9,000 is a joke when they have had huge turnouts this season.  That's barely 1/2.  If they did 12k or 15k fine but 9k is not enough.  And I know there are always extras so if you do get shut out contact your rep and they can usually hook you up.  

I don't mind getting there early but it's tough on weeknight games or when I have my kids with me.  If I remember from other jersey ceremonies they pass the mini banners out when you leave.

In past seasons when they had giveaways to all in attendance they would have extra stock laying around for years.  I once did the Enterprise Hat Trick challenge on the scoreboard back around the 11-12 or 12-13 season and answered 3 trivia questions right to win the prize.  The prize back then was a "Devils prize pack" which consisted of giveaways from the previous 2-3 seasons that I already had.