February 24th Elias night

Satans Hockey

25 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

So how was the question and answer thing last night?  I was gonna go but something came up unfortunately.  Anything particuarly revealing or funny?

From what I heard it was a nice event.  Someone who went last night said there were only about 70 people in attendance too.  Didn't hear anything specifically about what was said though.

Not a bid deal IMO.  He's working for another organization now and has a job to do.  If he feels he needs to stay in TOR so he can trade away JVR and pickup Ken Klee for the stretch run, so be it.  Although it would be great to have him there in person, I guarantee he will record a video tribute to Patty which will be part of the presentation.

Honestly, who gives a sh!t. We moved on from him, he moved on from us, and he has a job to do. Makes zero difference to me. 

fvck that sh!t. He can do his job from anywhere on the fvcking planet.

Not to mention, fvck his job. The Leafs can blow me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder what the real reason is he won't be attending. Because it sure as hell isn't that weak-ass excuse. Truth will come out sooner or later.

Lou Lamoriello made a 9 player trade THE VERY DAY he spoke at the Brodeur retirement ceremony. So please stop with the "He has to be in Toronto because the deadline is Monday" bs.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Honestly, who gives a sh!t. We moved on from him, he moved on from us, and he has a job to do. Makes zero difference to me. 

Pretty much where I am with it.  If Lou can't (or simply chooses not to) be a part of this night, so be it.  To me it's more about celebrating Patrik, and the people that WILL be there to enjoy his special night.  A night meant to be all about the positives.

• Like 1

Pretty much where I am with it.  If Lou can't (or simply chooses not to) be a part of this night, so be it.  To me it's more about celebrating Patrik, and the people that WILL be there to enjoy his special night.  A night meant to be all about the positives.

That doesn't mean Lou doesn't deserve to be called out for acting like a fvcking bitch.

I've listened to at least.. 5 interviews with Patty on various hockey Podcasts I listen to during my soul crushing commute, and I've got a theory.

Purely me reading into his answers whenever he's asked about Lou, but I really don't think Patty and Lou got along all that well. Seems like Patty doesn't have the warm and fuzzies whenever he reminisces about dealing with Lou.

Whether that's enough to make Lou not attend the ceremony.. I dunno.

I've listened to at least.. 5 interviews with Patty on various hockey Podcasts I listen to during my soul crushing commute, and I've got a theory. Purely me reading into his answers whenever he's asked about Lou, but I really don't think Patty and Lou got along all that well. Seems like Patty doesn't have the warm and fuzzies whenever he reminisces about dealing with Lou.

Whether that's enough to make Lou not attend the ceremony.. I dunno.

I never got that sense at all from either Patty or Lou, but I also didn't listen to the interviews you're talking about. That would be genuinely surprising to me, and if it actually is the case, it would suck.... Obviously pretty much everyone probably had their issues dealing with Lou at some point given how he could be, but he seemed to never let business become personal, and maintained good relationships with guys like Stevens, Marty, he and Nieds made their peace, etc. But since Lou isn't coming and he's using this lame excuse about the trade deadline (I mean... Cmon. No one- NO ONE- is buying that), there could be something to what you're saying.

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

fvck that sh!t. He can do his job from anywhere on the fvcking planet.

Not to mention, fvck his job. The Leafs can blow me.

I didn’t say he couldn’t. I said who gives s sh!t if he comes or not? Aside from Patty himself, nobody has standing to be offended.

Was able to get two different pucks, a pin, and a pennant for Elias much. Just less stuff to get on Saturday now. Just need a program and a patch, didn't see any programs and patches apparently sold out quickly. 

Hopefully they restock for Saturday.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Hopefully they restock for Saturday.

Heard from numerous people that people got in early and just bought stacks of patches, I really don't get why they don't put a limit. It's ridiculous. Plus on Saturday they should do like the concerts/WWE and setup tables on the concourse that sell just Elias merch. They make things more difficult when the solutions are really easy. 

• Like 1

Heard from numerous people that people got in early and just bought stacks of patches, I really don't get why they don't put a limit. It's ridiculous. Plus on Saturday they should do like the concerts/WWE and setup tables on the concourse that sell just Elias merch. They make things more difficult when the solutions are really easy. 

Yeah the Devils have always been tone deaf as fvck when it comes to stuff like this. It's frustrating, but not really surprising. I checked e-Bay and there's already a sh!tload of Patty merch up lol.

• Like 1

Wow watching this intermission special about Elias and UFA - he's essentially said he verbally accepted an offer from the Rangers, and gave Lou a chance to match (and include a NTC).

Blows my mind.  I had no idea he was like... 10 minutes away from being a NYR.

fvck me that would've sucked.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

Wow watching this intermission special about Elias and UFA - he's essentially said he verbally accepted an offer from the Rangers, and gave Lou a chance to match (and include a NTC).

Blows my mind.  I had no idea he was pretty much 95% NYR if Lou hadn't stepped up.

fvck me that would've sucked.

That's not a new story but yeah that would have been absolutely horrendous. 

• Like 1