2017-2018 Prospects Thread

Derlique

When he becomes an FA a la Butcher and Kerfoot. Not too familiar with NCAA player rules and such

The only way he’d become a FA is if he plays all four years in college and hasn’t signed with the Devils by a certain date (not sure what that date is) after the end of his senior year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:45 PM, LittleBallofHate said:

Should be interesting... the superbuddies are playing on the same line tonight (vs Syracuse)! 

image.thumb.png.c3620bb0f46a8db5fd574f62b3b44bfb.png

Where is Lack?  Hurt?

Also, does anyone know how McLeod looked this year?  Initially I was hoping he would get a few games with the big club this year, but after some of the acquisitions along the way I'm not surprised that there wasn't a spot for him, and now I'm not sure where he could potentially fit in down the road.  I imagine he'll be at camp again next year but unless he really impresses, maybe he gets moved for a pick or a d-man.

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Where is Lack?  Hurt?

Also, does anyone know how McLeod looked this year?  Initially I was hoping he would get a few games with the big club this year, but after some of the acquisitions along the way I'm not surprised that there wasn't a spot for him, and now I'm not sure where he could potentially fit in down the road.  I imagine he'll be at camp again next year but unless he really impresses, maybe he gets moved for a pick or a d-man.

Lack is with NJ (big club) - they called him up before the Washington game. 

McLeod's season just ended so they sent him to the Bing. I think the knee surgery cause him some problems this year ... 

On 4/8/2018 at 5:34 PM, MadDog2020 said:

The only way he’d become a FA is if he plays all four years in college and hasn’t signed with the Devils by a certain date (not sure what that date is) after the end of his senior year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, he'd have to play all 4 years at UMD and after then he would be set to become a free agent on August 15th, so if that were to happen that would be over two years away. I'm sure the Devils will get Anderson signed to a contract soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Lack is with NJ (big club) - they called him up before the Washington game. 

McLeod's season just ended so they sent him to the Bing. I think the knee surgery cause him some problems this year ... 

How is that possible?  We have room on the 23-man roster for 3 goalies?  Where are Hayes, Stafford, and Bratt?

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

How is that possible?  We have room on the 23-man roster for 3 goalies?  Where are Hayes, Stafford, and Bratt?

The cap on roster size is lifted after the trade deadline, Devils are technically carrying a 27 man roster right now I believe (16F, 8D, 3G)

Edited by CommonDreads

7 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

AWESOME! :evil: 

x - New Jersey Devils‏Verified account: BREAKING: The #NJDevils have signed forward @joeyandy19 to a three-year entry-level contract!

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/devils-sign-joey-anderson-to-entry-level-contract/c-298009542

That is some great news. I’m really liking our forward prospects. First off with our young guys on the current roster, but McLoed, Boqvist and Anderson all look like promising players.

• Like 1

I know many are probably not interested in our prospects at this moment but in case anyone is (I, personally, love to read about our future "stars" while I enjoy our current ones giving it their all), here ya go c/o Brian Franken (AATJ): https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2018/4/17/17241198/new-jersey-devils-prospect-update-4-17-18

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Not really anywhere to put this (?) so I'm putting it here since Maltzev is playing for SKA Neva:  there was a 6 (!!) OT game in the VHL playoffs - SKA Neva finally won it 4-3 at 2.30 AM local time (163.36 of game time). Nutty. 

Our old buddy Rykov played 61 minutes.

Apparently Boqvist and other Swedish players (Dahlin, Anderssen) have been banned for the 1st two games of the world juniors in 2019! This is due to their behaviour in the medal ceremony. 

Seems crazy. 

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Apparently Boqvist and other Swedish players (Dahlin, Anderssen) have been banned for the 1st two games of the world juniors in 2019! This is due to their behaviour in the medal ceremony. 

Seems crazy. 

It's OK - he's going to be 20 in Oct so I don't believe he's eligible to play next year anyway... I believe they did it so kids in the future don't think it's OK to do such things. I thought the NYR draft pick got a 4 game ban but I'm not going to both to look it up B)

9 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Seems crazy. 

The best part was Dahlin got two games...for the U18 tournament.

1 hour ago, Marshall said:

The best part was Dahlin got two games...for the U18 tournament.

Bizarre , dont know what the IIHF is trying to achieve. 

I imagine all the players issued with bans will most likely be in the NHL anyway. Except Eriksson Ek.

1 minute ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Bizarre , dont know what the IIHF is trying to achieve. 

I imagine all the players issued with bans will most likely be in the NHL anyway. Except Eriksson Ek.

They're setting precedent for the next kid or coach who does this. The suspensions for the players are meh but the coaches got dinged pretty good.