2017-2018 Prospects Thread

Derlique

19 hours ago, Marshall said:

The best part was Dahlin got two games...for the U18 tournament.

They should also ban him from being picked by the first 16 picks in the draft. I know, I know, it kinda sucks we pick 17th, guess we'll take him and live with it.

• Like 1

I know that not many of our prospects are stashed on our ECHL team, but this is neat just the same... 

Adirondack Thunder‏ Verified account @ECHLThunder

RECAP - The #ADKThunder are moving on to the Eastern Conference Finals after a 3-2 triple-overtime win in Game 6 over Manchester! ~ http://bit.ly/ADK3MAN2TRIPLEOT …

• Like 1

Some AHL changes with a new team in the mix:  http://binghamtondevils.com/news/?article_id=215

The American Hockey League announced that the league’s Board of Governors has approved the following division alignment for the 2018-19 AHL season. As a part of the realignment, the Cleveland Monsters will move to the North Division. 

North Division

Belleville Senators (Ottawa Senators)

Binghamton Devils (New Jersey Devils)

Cleveland Monsters (Columbus Blue Jackets)

Laval Rocket (Montreal Canadiens)

Rochester Americans (Buffalo Sabres)

Syracuse Crunch (Tampa Bay Lightning)

Toronto Marlies (Toronto Maple Leafs)

Utica Comets (Vancouver Canucks)

Changes from the 2017-18 season include:

• Colorado joining the AHL as its 31st active team and playing in the Pacific Division

• San Antonio and Texas moving from the Pacific Division to the Central Division

• Cleveland moving from the Central Division to the North Division

• Like 2

Hamilton Bulldogs (and Marian Studenič) are the OHL champs!

As a reminder, the Devils signed him to a 3 year ELC in April of this year so perhaps he plays in the Bing next year (he's 19)? 

ETA: Studenič was selected in the fifth round (143rd overall) in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.

Edited by LittleBallofHate
  • Like 3

On 5/8/2018 at 10:03 PM, LittleBallofHate said:

Some AHL changes with a new team in the mix:  http://binghamtondevils.com/news/?article_id=215

The American Hockey League announced that the league’s Board of Governors has approved the following division alignment for the 2018-19 AHL season. As a part of the realignment, the Cleveland Monsters will move to the North Division. 

North Division

Belleville Senators (Ottawa Senators)

Binghamton Devils (New Jersey Devils)

Cleveland Monsters (Columbus Blue Jackets)

Laval Rocket (Montreal Canadiens)

Rochester Americans (Buffalo Sabres)

Syracuse Crunch (Tampa Bay Lightning)

Toronto Marlies (Toronto Maple Leafs)

Utica Comets (Vancouver Canucks)

Changes from the 2017-18 season include:

• Colorado joining the AHL as its 31st active team and playing in the Pacific Division

• San Antonio and Texas moving from the Pacific Division to the Central Division

• Cleveland moving from the Central Division to the North Division

The takeaway from this from what I gather is that for those who wish to see the B-Devils more often without driving to Binghamton this is a loss.  The closest franchise to most Devils fans in north NJ is Lehigh Valley and now they will play them even less.  That stinks.

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

The takeaway from this from what I gather is that for those who wish to see the B-Devils more often without driving to Binghamton this is a loss.  The closest franchise to most Devils fans in north NJ is Lehigh Valley and now they will play them even less.  That stinks.

I don't think anything changed.  Lehigh Valley was already not in the B-Devils division.  I guess one more team was added to their division, but I don't see why that affects Lehigh Valley specifically.

3 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I don't think anything changed.  Lehigh Valley was already not in the B-Devils division.  I guess one more team was added to their division, but I don't see why that affects Lehigh Valley specifically.

You're right.  For some reason I thought they were in the same division.

Yeah looks like nothing has changed then.

x - Ian Pulz Retweeted
Igor EronkoVerified account @IgorEronko       Yegor Yakovlev: #NJDevils have scouted me for 3 years. They really wanted to see me in the team. That's why i chose New Jersey and I'm really happy to join the organization. I know they play a fast smart hockey and I like it.

Ray Shero on D Yegor Yakovlev: We haven't officially signed him yet, but once #iihfworlds is over we'll see coming back on Monday hopefully we can finalize something #NJDevils
  • Like 1

Here's a nice blurb on him (FWIW, he will be 27 in Sep): 

SNIPPET: Yakovlev, 26, is yet another talented member of KHL powerhouse SKA. Teammates like Ilya Kovalchuk, Nikita Gusev, Sergei Plotnikov, and Mikko Koskinen are among many on the roster who could sign in the NHL this summer, but Yakovlev seems to be closest to a concrete deal. Yakovlev lost games due to injury in 2017-18, but last season set career highs with 21 points and a +30 rating in 56 games. He made up for some missed time this year with a strong showing for Russia at the Olympics as well, skating on the team’s top pair. A high-energy two-way defenseman, Yakovlev certainly appears to have the talent to push for a regular role in the NHL.

Taken from here  https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018/04/devils-close-to-deal-with-defenseman-yegor-yakovlev.html

• Like 4

FWIW, the Devils signed this kid out of the Q, undrafted. His numbers playing with Albany/Bing have not been great the past two years (it was worth a shot tho): 

Devils Insiders Retweeted
EP Transfers @ep_transfers May 14
MoConfirmed: Jan Mandát (F) | Binghamton Devils -> HC Dynamo Pardubice | http://eliteprospects.com/t.php?id=346067  #Czech
  • Like 1

On 5/19/2018 at 1:17 PM, LittleBallofHate said:
x - Ian Pulz Retweeted
Igor EronkoVerified account @IgorEronko       Yegor Yakovlev: #NJDevils have scouted me for 3 years. They really wanted to see me in the team. That's why i chose New Jersey and I'm really happy to join the organization. I know they play a fast smart hockey and I like it.

Ray Shero on D Yegor Yakovlev: We haven't officially signed him yet, but once #iihfworlds is over we'll see coming back on Monday hopefully we can finalize something #NJDevils

Confirmed! One year ELC:  https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/devils-sign-d-egor-yakovlev-to-entry-level-deal/c-298719716

• Like 1

I'm interested to see what Yakovlev can do next year, actually think he has a shot of grabbing a spot on the NHL roster. Two-way defenseman with good skating ability and a willingness to join the rush and step up in the offensive zone, seems to fit what we're trying to do here. Hopefully he's like a better version of John Moore.

One more article on YY:   https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/yakovlev-brings-khl-championship-pedigree-to-new-jersey/c-298726244

"Because of his late birthday, he still qualifies for an entry-level contract which is good for us to get a mature player at a low cost and next year he'll be a free agent, which is good for him, if he's successful," MacKinnon said. "So, it's low-risk and high-reward for both sides and we're real excited to have him and help him make this transition to the NHL."

---

"I play however my coach asks me to play," the 6-foot, 190 pound blueliner said through a translator while at the world championship earlier this month. "If he wants me to be more like a stay-at-home d-man, I can play like that. If he asks me to join the rush or to create some opportunities attacking to score goals, I can do that too. I like to play more attacking hockey because contemporary hockey is all about scoring goals and creating opportunities and a lot of defensemen play like that and they can control the puck well and play good defensively too. I like to play that way the best."

On my way to work today, I saw the Shawinigan Cataractes’ bus on 80. When I went right at the 80-280 split, the bus went left to 280 towards Newark. I have no idea what they are down here for, but I thought it was pretty cool. Their bus was decked out in their logo and colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/22/2018 at 1:56 PM, LittleBallofHate said:

A (translated) interview with Egor Yakovlev (why is his first name spelled with a "Y" sometimes & sometimes not?): https://thehockeywriters.com/egor-yakovlev-ready-for-the-devils/

There's not full agreement on how names in Cyrillic are translated into English.  At some point recently the NHL changed how they would render these names - Evgeni became Yevgeni, Egor became Yegor, etc.

Edited by Triumph
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

The Acadie-Bathurst Titan won the memorial cup. That's awesome I went to highschool in Bathurst. That might help Dobson's value at the draft. 

He's going to be a good D man. No way in hell he drops to us.  

In case we manage to snag a 3rd round (?) pick: 

Top underrated prospect

Forward Philipp Kurashev (6-foot, 190 pounds), No. 61 in NHL Central Scouting's final ranking of North American skaters, had 60 points (19 goals, 41 assists) in 59 regular-season games in his second season with Quebec of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. He's a playmaker with a great shot; his slap shot registered at 98 mph in Quebec's 2017 skills competition.

Kurashev, who had three points in five games for Switzerland at the 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship, skated on a line with New Jersey Devils center Nico Hischier for Bern Under-20 in Switzerland's Elite Junior A League in 2014-15. 

"We're good friends," Kurashev said of Hischier, who was selected with the No. 1 pick in the 2017 NHL Draft. "We had a good connection together. It doesn't surprise me all the success he's had."

From this article: https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-scouting-combine-day-1/c-298817550

• Like 1