Sign in to follow this  
Derlique

2017-2018 Prospects Thread

Would love it if Jeremy Davies signs this year.  Know he's got two more years left, but it doesn't look like he's got anything left to show in college.

Nice little write up by Julie about some of the prospects and where you can find them on TV in the near future... 

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/prospect-pipeline-seney-joins-devils-following-strong-college-career/c-296998918

Also there's this tidbit: 

Anderson, who was drafted in the 3rd round in 2016, has ten goals and 16 assists for 26 points in 30 games. He missed time with a shoulder injury early in the season and then as he captained Team USA to a bronze medal at the 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship, but has come on strong in the second half of the regular season for the Bulldogs. While he and his teammates aim for another shot at the national championship, Fitzgerald said they will talk to the sophomore about the possibility of signing an NHL contract once his season is over.

• Like 2

Weekly prospects update from

Franken/AATJ: https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2018/3/20/17137628/new-jersey-devils-prospect-update-3-20-18

& ETA: Pulz/Reddit (read the bottom section if you read nothing else - it's called "BREAKDOWN"):  https://www.reddit.com/r/devils/comments/85x4rt/devils_prospects_update_320/

Edited by LittleBallofHate
second link (Reddit) added

Selfishly I'm hoping UMD loses their game on Friday so we can potentially get Anderson signed for the final stretch of the season, think Anderson could do some good with the injuries we have right now

• Like 3

Apparently Jeremy Davies is staying at Northeastern for another year.

Prospects are always exciting, but it'll be nice to see if he can play as well on a less stacked team next year.

Seems like there's smoke so far as the Devils signing Joey Anderson after his season is over. 

• Like 1

Mikey McLeod is once again picking up the pace when it counts most.

4 goals, 3 assists in 4 playoff games so far. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nessus said:

Mikey McLeod is once again picking up the pace when it counts most.

4 goals, 3 assists in 4 playoff games so far. 

It pains me when I see people mention his name as a trade piece.  Future looks bright for us.

49 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

It pains me when I see people mention his name as a trade piece.  Future looks bright for us.

Agreed, granted at some point you can move some of these promising prospects for a big piece, but we have a lot of pieces coming up that people, including myself, are very high on. Really like McLeod's game, most circles seem to believe Boqvist has top 6 potential, Anderson, Davies, and Walsh all seem to be legitimate prospects in college, a lot to be excited about coming through the pipeline.

• Like 1

HockeyPulz doesn't post here does he?  I'm in the office listening to hockey podcasts and rasta music with my office mate and just wondered :-) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pepperkorn said:

HockeyPulz doesn't post here does he?  I'm in the office listening to hockey podcasts and rasta music with my office mate and just wondered :-) 

we miss you PK come back!

• Like 3

Awe -- I'm semi-here.  I follow the team but not with the obsessive minutiae of the past, so I don't have detailed insights I feel the need to share like I used to.  The things I disagree with on the board now-a-days I see as just so far off the mark it's not even worth discussing -- but mostly I pretty much agree with the general overview.

It's funny -- I loved the ultra-controlled vanilla of the Lou years - it made it a standout flavor. It was working so hard for the even keel it made everything ultra-dynamic.  Now it's true vanilla - a league vanilla team with blips here and there that pretty much have a nice vanilla solution.  It's a nice team, no unexpected traumatic issues.  I seldom think WTF? not in any lasting sense anyhow.

Certainly only asking out of curiosity and honestly it's not really important with how good the big club is doing but what's led to Binghamton basically being the bottom feeders of the AHL?  Appears besides the goaltending being below average everybody's numbers on the surface minus 2-3 guys aren't very good.  

Mikey McLeod has been assigned to the Bing for the remainder of their season since his OHL season ended recently - the Super Buddies are back together.  

In other Bing news, this kid obviously played with Butcher:

The Binghamton Devils announced today that the club has signed defenseman Tariq Hammond to an Amateur Tryout. Hammond helped lead University of Denver to a National Championship in 2016-17.

Hammond, 24, had 26 points from the blue line during his four-year career with the Pioneers and was named team captain for his senior year. Prior to college, the Calgary, Alberta native put up 70 points (18 goals, 52 assists) in 156 games with the Okotoks Oilers of the Alberta Junior Hockey League. 

• Like 1

In all the excitement of this week, I forgot to post the prospects update & a few other things... 

https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2018/4/3/17186930/new-jersey-devils-prospect-update-4-3-18

Devils Insiders tweeted this out last night: One of Joey Anderson or Matthew Hellickson will be an NCAA Champion come Saturday.

Those two are good buddies too: https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/devils-prospects-prepare-themselves-for-the-frozen-four/c-297660168

Both are looking forward to the possibility of facing-off against each other in the national championship game on Saturday (7:30 p.m., ESPN2).

"I hope that happens so bad," Hellickson said. "Obviously, we both have a game to win first, but it would be something I'd never forget, win or lose. I'd love to go up against him for a national championship."

"It'd be super special," said Anderson. "I know all his weaknesses so I know how to get him into trouble and I'm ok with exposing them if it helps win a national championship."

To which Hellickson responded: "That's ok. I know his too!"

Bing Devils tweeted this out (excellent year for MacDonald)!  BREAKING: Jacob MacDonald named to @TheAHL First All-Star Team! He currently leads all defensemen in goals (19), power-play goals (10), and is tied in points (52) Read: http://bit.ly/2q7G0i4

McLeod is ready to go this weekend for the Bing! 

image.thumb.png.290f6affdb697f69ec2cd72e9d295c4d.png

• Like 1

Ian Pulz retweeted Chris Peters‏ Verified account @chrismpeters 

AHCA First-Team All-Americans East: Matthew Galajda (Cornell/UFA), Jeremy Davies (Northeastern/NJD), Adam Fox (Harvard/CGY), Ryan Donato (Harvard/BOS), Adam Gaudette (Northeastern/VAN), Dylan Sikura (Northeastern/CHI).

And just as an FYI: NCAA Ice Hockey‏ Verified account @NCAAIceHockey 

In its 38th year, the 2018 Hobey Baker Award goes to ... Adam Gaudette, Junior, Northeastern University

Edited by LittleBallofHate
  • Like 2

Huge congrats to our guy Joey Anderson for winning the national championship with UMD

• Like 1

Bravo Joey Anderson... and please sign with us soon! 

Devils Insiders‏ @DevilsInsiders

2 NCAA Seasons - 2 National Championship Games - 1 National Championship 2 WJCs - 1 gold - 1 bronze (captain) Winner. #NJDevils

image.thumb.png.cddac254ecd6a648eff51956d95fd742.png

• Like 2