NJDevs '17-18 Fantasy Hockey

NJDevs4978

Goalies:  Bob and Elliott should serve me well.    I doubt Bob posts back to back Vezina seasons; but they should be serviceable enough to keep me competitive.   I was going to pick up Darling too if he made it to me.

Defense: Subban, Ekblad and Klefbom as my top three; I'm really happy with.   I slacked on D after that and was left with Orlov, Girardi and DeAngelo as my bottom three...  not too happy with that.   I was planning on drafting Gudas or one of the slew of d-men that went when I accidentally drafted Namestnikov.    It was late enough that it's fine; but yea...   would have preferred a better d-man in that bottom 3.   Push one to the bench, etc.

Forwards: It's going go one way or the other...    Barring injury, McDavid will be the stud of the team obviously.     I'm sold that Johnny Gaudreau is a star player and will post point+ a game numbers.  I have a lot riding on Huberdeau and Horvat stepping it up this year... and that Shipachyov can transition to NHL smoothly from the KHL.   It will be really nice if Keller can post the Calder worthy numbers that many have been hyping.  We'll see.

WOW did not even realize the huge trade at the top of the draft....totally missed that,

My main focus was stacking wings early in the draft... hence 7 of my 1st 9 picks were wing eligible, just felt I could find centers & D men later...

and once Zajac hits the IR I'll find a back up goalie...

In the end after picks the trade with ayl wound up being Kane, Andersen, Nino and Green for McDavid, Radulov, Horvat and Namestinkov (auto). I'd hope I'd like my side better given I picked above him the last three times but we'll see.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Overall, pretty pleased with how my draft went.  Really liked having three picks in the 4th round - I managed to snag my goalies then right before they started flying off the board.

Goalies: After the debacle of having Quick, and only Quick, after the draft last year I made sure to draft two starters this year.  I think Rask is a safe pick in Boston, and I expect the Stars to be really, really good this year if Bishop plays as well as he always has.  Very satisfied.  Maybe I'll actually collect a goalie win before December this year.

Defenseman:  No real stand-out stars here.  Was hoping Burns would fall to me in the first round, but overall I expect a lot of my non-scoring categories to fill out here.  Moderately satisfied, we'll see how the season goes but right now I might need to pick up a guy or two down the road.

Forwards:  I came into the draft loaded at center with Eichel, Kuzy, and Barkov as my keepers so I was looking for wingers throughout most of the draft.  Kinda unfortunate, because there were some quality centers available pretty late in the draft.  But I was surprised Ovie was still there at 10 to be honest.. I figure he won't have as productive a year this year but the Caps are still a very talented team and he'll put up great numbers in a bunch of scoring and non-scoring categories.  I might be a little weak at RW but that can be addressed down the road.

In short - one of my better drafts I think.  Though, as is tradition, I'm looking a little weak on faceoffs.

Edited by Devilsfan118

47 minutes ago, NJDEVS1730 said:

So peeved I picked Kesler with my 3rd round pick. Hopefully he's not out too long. Anyone interested in a 2 for 1 deal involving Kesler?

Always love talking trade, peek at my team and make an offer...

On 10/4/2017 at 10:55 AM, redruM said:

When is Zajac going to hit the IR?   I have more moves to make...

I'm curious as to how "out" corresponds to IR.  If a player isn't explicitly put on IR, but is clearly out long term, does the player never hit IR status in Yahoo's league?

Also minor request - it seems like the league is in west coast time, not EST.  Could we change that?  

...or is that time setting linked to my account?

2 hours ago, redruM said:

Ok who is the dope that drafts Lundy in the 5th round and then drops him after 1 game? 

You could have atleast tried to trade him instead of letting someone pick him up for nothing!!!

Agreed;  there were some questionable dropping of assets in a 14man league...  but that was by far the most puzzling to me.    Why drop your 5th round pick for free;  a week in?

There are always some panic drops early and even I wouldn't have cashed out this soon. But I think it's more questionable selecting Lundy in the 5th this year than dropping him :P

I didn't even try to claim him, partly cause I don't need him and partly cause having the first pick put me last in waivers anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

There are always some panic drops early and even I wouldn't have cashed out this soon. But I think it's more questionable selecting Lundy in the 5th this year than dropping him :P

Especially when you used a keeper slot on a goalie...       
I'm not crying foul...  I'm more just o.O