Hischier: What are your projections for season 1?

Sharifijanov2099

Objectives for this season:

1) Show flashes of that high-end talent that we haven't had since Parise/Kovalchuk.  I don't expect him to come in and light it up, he's not on the McDavid/Eichel tier.  But show us something to keep our hopes up.

2) Put up at least 40 points.  I'd be happy with 40, mind you.  

3) Play more games than Nolan Patrick.

Edited by Devilsfan118

240 SOG is a bit much...Matthews, Mackinnon, Landeskog, Couture are the only rookies to hit that since 2009. Obviously he might do it but I don't see Hischier as a volume shooter like that. I might be wrong of course.

In the neighbourhood of 10G30A. A lot depends on where/if they put him on the PP. If he could hit 30 even strength points that'd be good.

With Zajac being out, there's pressure on Hynes/Shero to see what he's got straight away. The fans of course want him to succeed in worst way. He might just be our Zetterburg. I think he'll be here all year as well. I'll say 14 goals, 35 assists.  

Hopefully he stays healthy.

Game 1: Excitement. Nico will play well, maybe get a point and everyone will be excited.

Games 2-20: Impatience. Nico will score a few points and he'll look like a rookie. This entire board will claim he's a bust.

Games 21-40: Frustration. There will be suggestions that we trade Nico while he's still worth something. 

Games 41-60: Elation. Nico will get hot and we will laugh at that lowly pantywaist scrub named McDavid. The only question: when do we retire the #13 jersey?

Games 61-70: Rage. "Nico sucks. Kill him and seven generations of his family!"

Games 71-80: Calm. Nico finishes the season with a solid 40 some odd points, and was pretty good for a rookie. We're all going to be okay.

"Trade Schneider though. Also, name one good move Ray Shero has ever made for the Devils."

Rinse. Repeat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Game 1: Excitement. Nico will play well, maybe get a point and everyone will be excited.

Games 2-20: Impatience. Nico will score a few points and he'll look like a rookie. This entire board will claim he's a bust.

Games 21-40: Frustration. There will be suggestions that we trade Nico while he's still worth something. 

Games 41-60: Elation. Nico will get hot and we will laugh at that lowly pantywaist scrub named McDavid. The only question: when do we retire the #13 jersey?

Games 71-80: Calm. Nico finishes the season with a solid 40 some odd points, and was pretty good for a rookie. We're all going to be okay.

"Trade Schneider though. Also, name one good move Ray Shero has ever made for the Devils."

Rinse. Repeat.

Cute, but I think most people on this board are going to be VERY patient with Nico, and I also think in general, most are fairly satisfied with what Shero has done, given what he inherited.  

As far as actual numbers go for Nico, I'm thinking 30-40 points in 70+ GP.  I'm not even really concerned about glamour numbers...just looking for him to become more and more comfortable at the NHL level in his first season.  This is a big jump...if he gets through this first season healthy and wiser, that's good enough for me, regardless of what his stats might suggest.

15 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Rinse. Repeat.

Your forgot "we should have chosen Patrick", but otherwise, probably pretty accurate.