Craig Carton arrested by FBI

MadDog2020

My job requires alot of car time.. so, I'm constantly listening to WFAN.

I was never a fan of Craig's, as much as I like the B&C show in general. Interesting to see what action the station takes now. The show is immensely popular. And, they're already losing Big Mike in 3 months.

My job requires alot of car time.. so, I'm constantly listening to WFAN.
I was never a fan of Craig's, as much as I like the B&C show in general. Interesting to see what action the station takes now. The show is immensely popular. And, they're already losing Big Mike in 3 months.

I stopped listening to them years ago, I couldn't take Boomer's unrepentant Rags homerism and Carton is just annoying. Watch the fat fvck governor replace him now, that wouldn't shock me even a little bit. They can call the new show 'Boomer and, we didn't think it was possible, but an even BIGGER (literally and figuratively) a$$hole Than Before'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I stopped listening to them years ago, I couldn't take Boomer's unrepentant Rags homerism and Carton is just annoying. Watch the fat fvck governor replace him now, that wouldn't shock me even a little bit. They can call the new show 'Boomer and, we didn't think it was possible, but an even BIGGER (literally and figuratively) a$$hole Than Before'.

You just dampened my mood but that is pretty plausible. They were dying to replace Francesca with Christie but his popularity ratings in the tri state area are neck and neck with pond scum, but they could probably swing it with the more 'edgy' morning show.

I was listening in the car this morning when Boomer announced he was arrested, but didn't give details.  Assumed it might have been a substance abuse/domestic kind of thing, but this one is rough.  When the FBI arrests you, there's like a 90 percent chance you're getting convicted of something, and there aren't any misunderstandings.  So his entertainment career is done.

I actually like Boomer, and was utterly annoyed by Carton, so maybe the show will improve a lot.  That's actually why I was really listening this morning, because I didn't hear Carton's voice, which I usually can't take for that long. 

• Like 1

You just dampened my mood but that is pretty plausible. They were dying to replace Francesca with Christie but his popularity ratings in the tri state area are neck and neck with pond scum, but they could probably swing it with the more 'edgy' morning show.

It almost gives WFAN an excuse to hire Christie. I think it'll happen. And I will continue to not listen to WFAN in the morning.

If they hire Christie, they can call the show "Boomer and Bust" :lol:

Funny, to me Boomer was the way more annoying person to me (but I think I liked Convict since he pissed off Boomer), but this is why I switched to satellite anyway, NY sports talk is terrible and only going to get worse

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I was listening in the car this morning when Boomer announced he was arrested, but didn't give details.  Assumed it might have been a substance abuse/domestic kind of thing, but this one is rough.  When the FBI arrests you, there's like a 90 percent chance you're getting convicted of something, and there aren't any misunderstandings.  So his entertainment career is done.

I actually like Boomer, and was utterly annoyed by Carton, so maybe the show will improve a lot.  That's actually why I was really listening this morning, because I didn't hear Carton's voice, which I usually can't take for that long. 

Yeah, liked Boomer because I like his "former athlete" perspective...also seems about as down-to-earth as a guy like him could ever be expected to be.  Yeah, he's a big Ranger fan, so be it. 

Never liked Carton...always acted like he thought he was this big-time badass, just sooooooooo cool and edgy.  And had an annoying habit of interrupting people...just a very annoying and abrasive individual.  Probably thought he was getting away with all of this crap, but yeah, the FBI almost definitely had their ducks in a row before slapping down the cuffs.  They must have a mountain of evidence.   

And yeah, I can see Christie getting this gig, which is kind of scary.  I only listen for about 25-30 mins (on the way to work), so I won't be affected all that much, compared to those who listen for most of their show. 

I usually prefer Mike and Mike in the morning in large part BECAUSE Cartoon is super annoying. I'll probably listen to Boomer more with any non-Christie replacement though.

It'll be interesting to see how WFAN looks in several months with Francesa leaving and the disillusion of the morning show both at the same time.

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I usually prefer Mike and Mike in the morning in large part BECAUSE Cartoon is super annoying. I'll probably listen to Boomer more with any non-Christie replacement though.

It'll be interesting to see how WFAN looks in several months with Francesa leaving and the disillusion of the morning show both at the same time.

I believe very strongly they will make a last ditch huge $ offer to Mike to try and coax him to stay. Not sure if it will work but this disaster gives Francesa some more leverage. 

4 minutes ago, '7' said:

I believe very strongly they will make a last ditch huge $ offer to Mike to try and coax him to stay. Not sure if it will work but this disaster gives Francesa some more leverage. 

Does it?  Here's the thing, according to reports Carton's Wfan salary was around $250k after being there for about ten years.  Third year lawyers at big law firms make more than that.  You would think that Carton would know he whether he was expendable, and would have demanded a lot more money if he weren't, and the station would have given it to him if he were correct.  So my guess is that a lot of what drives the morning ratings is just that it's local sports talk and regardless of who's doing the program.  And I imagine that the amount of people that tuned in for Carton's schtick is, at the very least, canceled out by the people that are really annoyed by it and won't tune in because of it.   

If anything, I bet the station will be loving the short term ratings bump that it'll get from this.  And since the Ponzi scheme appears to be small potatoes and you probably won't see a lot of sympathetic victims (the complaint alleges a lot of the money came from hedge funds), they don't need to distance themselves from him too much. 

20 minutes ago, '7' said:

At any rate, Fatso must be laughing his asses off.

WFAN cannot be happy about trying to replace both the morning & PM drive time shows, I would not be surprised if they try to keep mike again, as for the Morning show god only knows what they will do?  Bring in Sid to work w/ Boomer?

I mentioned it earlier, but my money's on the fat a$$hole governor to replace Carton.

Never understood how the morning show was popular. Carton doesn't know anything about sports and rarely even talks sports. On top of being annoying and uninteresting, he sounds like a drunk with his slurred speech. Good riddance.

Also, what a terribly stupid idea for a ponzi  scheme and an even dumber investment idea from an investor's point of view. Who the hell fell for this

Edited by devlman

1 hour ago, devlman said:

Never understood how the morning show was popular. Carton doesn't know anything about sports and rarely even talks sports. On top of being annoying and uninteresting, he sounds like a drunk with his slurred speech. Good riddance.

Also, what a terribly stupid idea for a ponzi  scheme and an even dumber investment idea from an investor's point of view. Who the hell fell for this

Apparently he duped some hedge funds, which is probably what will get him less jail time than a lot of ponzi schemers get.  The size of it was also pretty small, about $5 million according to the news reports.