NJDevs Fantasy Football 2017 Smack Talk

aylbert

lol well obviously you got docked for not having a kicker, the anticipated suspension for Zeke that might not actually come to pass and having a keeper receiver on IR.

At least your anticipated W/L went to 5-8 now (was a bit surprised Wallace went undrafted, he was my next receiver pick after Ginn).  CRASHER and VALUE are both picked for 1-12 lol.  And somehow Manta and MJ are picked for 12-1 and me for 11-2.  I'm sure there'll be more parity than that :P

It worked out convenient for VALUE that Taylor is back for this week (and against a what will be -1 and 17 Jets to boot) when it looked like he was gonna get screwed out of starting both his QB's with the hurricane and Taylor previously shelved.

Edited by NJDevs4978

In my cash league I went WR/WR/QB (Brown/Bryant/Rodgers) to start and was left with Hunt and Ty Montgomery as my starting RBs...  Rodgers was the only QB I would have taken in the 3rd.

I was admittedly worried... especially after Hunt's welcome to the NFL fumble.  But at least for this week, my RB score will be fine.   Lol

When you're middling average at best...   and your best season was when you went RB-QB-QB-QB  (JC-PManning-Rodgers-Stafford) to start the draft :)

I did wind up trading Rodgers (with Mark Ingram and Golden Tate for Demaryius Thomas, Andre Johnson and Ryan Mathews. 

temp.JPG

The 5 years numbers are slightly "better" 5.4 points / 6.0 finish / +31.97 

You also had to trade UP in the draft to get Rodgers in the first place :P  So really it wasn't all that much a cost-benefit for you in the end, especially using the third high pick on a QB as well.

My best season was RB-RB the first two picks and it wasn't TOO long ago.  

Edited by NJDevs4978

3 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

You also had to trade UP in the draft to get Rodgers in the first place :P  So really it wasn't all that much a cost-benefit for you in the end

True...  but Demaryius Thomas was the 12th pick that year and I paired him with Peyton Manning.    Mathews and Johnson were the 36/37 picks.

Rodgers was the 14th, Ingram was 73 and Tate was 86...

The trade for Rodgers was: 1) Aylbert acquires the 2nd (14-Aaron Rodgers), 8th (86-Golden Tate), 10th (110-Kelvin Benjamin) and 14th (158-Packers) round picks from devilsrule33 for his 3rd (25-Andre Ellington), 4th (48-Wes Welker), 10th (120-Riley Cooper) and 14th (168-Coby Fleener) round selections

Ultimately everything worked out, but it was too risky to attempt again.   I also really had no reason to draft Stafford other than worrying about Peyton's neck I guess.

I didn't think I had to go RB-RB this year too with Howard as a keeper but he's looking like a bust through two weeks.  Thankfully only a 15th round bust.  But now I'll need Beastmode to be my RB2 it seems.

Last week Brady and the Chiefs' D cost me...this week they're the ONLY ones to show up so far (with a little help from Ertz too).  Come on fellas, a little more consistency please.

Edited by NJDevs4978

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I didn't think I had to go RB-RB this year too with Howard as a keeper but he's looking like a bust through two weeks.  Thankfully only a 15th round bust.  But now I'll need Beastmode to be my RB2 it seems.

Last week Brady and the Chiefs' D cost me...this week they're the ONLY ones to show up so far (with a little help from Ertz too).  Come on fellas, a little more consistency please.

Every week Ertz is looking better and better with Wentz.    He should be a good play week in / week out.

This was the best I felt about my draft in a long time;  and the absolute worst draft grade.   I wish I felt better about my TE.  

Instead, I used two high picks on QBs because of Luck.   Hopefully he's worth the wait, and there was demonstrabable demand in that spot too; so I didn't "reach"

I was actually surprised you passed on Ertz and drafted the second QB, I was already a bit meh on potentially drafting Ertz and you passing him over when you needed a TE seemed like a further red flag. But figured I could get away taking him and getting a Hooper/Seferian-Jenkins/whomever in a late round.  When Henry came back to me figured I'd just go and draft him too, maybe he'll have a bigger role now that they got Gates his record although his value's probably TD-dependent since they have a lot of mouths to feed in terms of volume.

Does look like you're about to be 2-0 though.

I'm already having second thoughts on Eli over Wentz (he was the only other QB that interested me at that point in the draft) but it shouldn't be much of an issue so long as Brady's upright.  Picking Eli was mostly based on the name pairing and the fact Wentz went to Denver during Brady's bye week. Could always just drop him and go one QB after the bye down the stretch anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978

52 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I was actually surprised you passed on Ertz and drafted the second QB, I was already a bit meh on potentially drafting Ertz and you passing him over when you needed a TE seemed like a further red flag.

I'm already having second thoughts on Eli over Wentz (he was the only other QB that interested me at that point in the draft) 

I was hoping Ertz would fall...   but with Elliott out six weeks on paper  (I was expecting a reduction to 3/4 weeks and hoping for none this season a la Brady) and Luck out something less than PUP...   I needed a solid QB and RB depth I'm still hopeful that Tevin Coleman will get more involved...

Perine was a reach and seemingly a bust...   but that was my McFadden slot.   So fitting I dropped Perine for an inactive McFadden.   I'll hold him until something better comes up or a bye week need presents itself.

Ultimately, I wasn't expecting as many back up TEs being fostered at the draft.     I would still draft Luck and Big Ben.   So I wasn't getting Ertz this year.   I'm fine with that.  But envious as I ride the risky play of Hooper weekly.

18 hours ago, aylbert said:

Perone was a reach and seemingly a bust...   but that was my McFadden slot.   So fitting I dropped Perine for an inactive McFadden.   I'll hold him until something better comes up or a bye week need presents itself.

And fittingly it was Perine who presented himself.  Hopefully he doesn't fumble this opportunity too 

Wow that was a classic troll job :lol:

I don't remember what my percentage chance of winning was last night but it couldn't have been more than like 10% (if that) spotting Masked around a dozen points with only the Seattle defense left for me and him having Doyle and Thompson.  At least using the waiver claim on the Seattle D paid off this week!

Edited by NJDevs4978

lol I don't remember ever seeing a -8 anything for fantasy.  Then again we're not tracking Geno Smith's stats cause he ain't even starting in fantasy.  Shoulda taken the other Pennsylvania team in the pick 'em pool but Jacksonville just did not impress me at all last week.  How exactly did the Jets beat a team that crushed the Steelers, Ravens and Texans (albeit without Watson)?!

I still think my team's better than it's played here - even if I somehow manage to squeak out a win this week and go to 4-1 against the grain (still unlikely).  But I've gotten next to nothing out of my WR's or Lynch, all of whom I thought would be better.  

Edited by NJDevs4978