Sign in to follow this  
aylbert

NJDevs Fantasy Football 2017 Smack Talk

Andy Dalton came close in week 1 with a -7

Another week or two of this and I may start to think I'm playing the wrong damn QB :P

Looks like nobody's going to be above 3-2 unless Jordan Howard goes psycho tomorrow.  Talk about parity.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I was projected to dominate this week; instead I was nearly lapped.    That has to be my most underwhelming performance ever.

honestly at 1-3 I thought I was done, and now I'm 2-3 & 1 game out?  breathes new life into my season!

I may be willing to trade Brady after Watson's bye next week if anyone wants to give me a stud WR, an upgrade at RB and maybe a backup QB.  Otherwise this is becoming a good problem to have :P

Welp 1 vs. 2 this week and we're predicted to have the two highest point totals of the week - bring it ayl!

28 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Welp 1 vs. 2 this week and we're predicted to have the two highest point totals of the week - bring it ayl!

It’s the A draft vs the D+; bring it on preppy.

lol D+...well you did go without drafting a kicker so you got docked for that.  And have a keeper who went on IR.  Plus the Zeke suspension was obviously factored in although it's not that great for you it keeps getting kicked down the road, now he might miss playoff games.

I don't think my A draft has played like an A team till the last week or two, but Lynch/Bryant obviously haven't lived up to expectations and now Tate's out for a while so my WR2's gonna be a work in progress with Fitz as my WR1.  His bye comes at a bad time next week with Tate out too.

Edited by NJDevs4978

3 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

lol D+...well you did go without drafting a kicker so you got docked for that.  And have a keeper who went on IR.  Plus the Zeke suspension was obviously factored in although it's not that great for you it keeps getting kicked down the road, now he might miss playoff games.

I don't think my A draft has played like an A team till the last week or two, but Lynch/Bryant obviously haven't lived up to expectations and now Tate's out for a while so my WR2's gonna be a work in progress with Fitz as my WR1.

Yep...  Zeke is going to remain a headache.

The draft review didn’t like the Gurley/Zeke combo nor did it like me picking Keenan Allen.  

The adp graphs said I reached early and picked up value players in the back end of the draft...   while at the same time saying I had one of the strongest top end drafts and weakest back end...    it just seemed very confused and contrarian to itself.   Like I said earlier, this was the best I felt after a draft in a long time, and I received a D+.

I tried drafting a kicker asking if I could just release Meredith and just use my 15th but that was rejected...   I didn’t care at all since I was just going to pick up a kicker and had no master plan to target a specific one.

I have wasted so much on QBs to get so little

.....when a Dallas Cowboys safety is about to out-score your opponent's QUARTERBACK....you might be having a good week :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

7 minutes ago, CRASHER said:

.....when a Dallas Cowboys safety is about to out-score your opponent's QUARTERBACK....you might be having a good week :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lol...  thankfully RBs save my week.

1 hour ago, aylbert said:

Lol...  thankfully RBs save my week.

That and having one clown of a 'RB' take an early night off and making the wrong WR2 pick out of a hat.  Of course Ginn only goes off when I bench him or don't have him, the ultimate fantasy whack-a-mole.

Edited by NJDevs4978

On 10/22/2017 at 6:34 PM, CRASHER said:

To what were you referring there?

I thought we weren't vulturing IR players to stash anymore since guys like Edelman never got drafted or picked up and people were so agape at drafting Jordy and Benjamin a couple years ago.  I figured Watson's injury would go into next year when I dropped him (had a 12-month timetable in mind) plus I needed a QB for this week ASAP with Brady's bye and slim pickings out there but now it looks like he might be back for the start of next season, pfft.

Not exactly a great week here, first I lose Watson and then because of it I had to pull the plug on a blockbuster deal I was hours away from finally getting done and now Ertz is out for this week too :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

I don't believe we allow season-ending IRs to be picked up for keeping purposes?
The issue I had with Manning was he wasn't IR'd; but clearly not returning. 
Colts seem to love doing that.

Crasher is the commish though so he can weigh-in on that.

the rule was if you picked a player up from waivers you could keep them, but for the cost of where the player was drafted (the Manning/Brady rule basically)....there was no reason someone couldn't take Waston (who was a last round keeper value), stuff him on IR and wait it out....the danger in this is that the odds are SOMEONE ELSE on your team will end up on IR and you'll need the slot

**waves hi as Cook and Olsen are both on IR for me**

Yeah figured that was the case, was just confused that nobody drafted a couple of IR players in the draft this year the way it had been done in the past and figured the rule was changed after the Jordy/Benjamin kerfuffle.  Having a fifteen player roster sucks on weeks like this when you have multiple byes/injuries.

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Having a fifteen player roster sucks on weeks like this when you have multiple byes/injuries.

I fully agree with this....maybe next year we add a 16th round?

(or if possible a 2nd IR spot if they let you)

I kinda like the 16th Round since it balances out the snaking thing

I wouldn't mind a 16th player or even just have an 'out' position for players who miss that particular week the way they do in ESPN.  You could definitely put up a second IR slot (we have like five in the hockey league) but not sure how much it'd matter in the grand scheme since very few players actually go on IR that you want to hold.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Once a player is designated as "out" for the game you can stuff him on IR (for the week at least)

we can discuss adding a second IR spot season's end (and again in June/July)

23 minutes ago, CRASHER said:

Once a player is designated as "out" for the game you can stuff him on IR (for the week at least)

I never realized that till now...d'oh :P

At least my second string is doing well this week.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Sadly...  I’m happy with Eli Manning this week...  so sad.

Did not know about the "out" thing, might help in the future...  As for Watson, I took a chance...  last time I did this ( with the Begnal WR) I got burned, because he sucked the next year....