GDT: 9/25/17 NJ Devils @ Senators @ PEI @ Hockeyville

CommonDreads

1 hour ago, CommonDreads said:

Jesper Bratt needs to make this team, he looks unbelievably good right now

His skating  and positioning have been excellent. Going over his games, he's very impressive with his movement all over the ice and he's also been in the right position(s), even when teammates missed the play to him.

Very impressed all around game after game this preseason. Well Shero is there tonight taking notes, hope he thinks the same with what we are all seeing this preseason. Jesper should be a shoe-in for the start of reg. season, but you never know with...

2 minutes ago, HOLLYWOOD said:

His skating  and positioning have been excellent. Going over his games, he's very impressive with his movement all over the ice and he's also been in the right position(s), even when teammates missed the play to him.

Very impressed all around game after game this preseason. Well Shero is there tonight taking notes, hope he thinks the same with what we are all seeing this preseason. Jesper should be a shoe-in for the start of reg. season, but you never know with...

Not bad for a 6th rounder.  Wow.

Typically happens earlier in preseason when you have soo many players and sometimes vs same team, Calgary and Edmonton had one about a week ago. Preseason is more about evaluation of the players and warm up for the players, not so much for the fans.  I think it just maximizes the amount of time the coaches have to analyze and hold practices for the players.  

3 minutes ago, lucifer91 said:

Typically happens earlier in preseason when you have soo many players and sometimes vs same team, Calgary and Edmonton had one about a week ago. Preseason is more about evaluation of the players and warm up for the players, not so much for the fans.  I think it just maximizes the amount of time the coaches have to analyze and hold practices for the players.  

Got it, very interesting. Have never seen or heard of that before.  That's a first for me. KEEP HYNES!

• Like 3

I was kind of bummed that Mueller didn't stand out as much to me tonight, but then I realized that none of the D had much of an opportunity to stand out, since the play was so dominated by the Devils' offense. There really isn't too much to say that hasn't been said already.

There's no question Bratt is starting the season in NJ, in my opinion. He has made countless smart, quick plays, and is so composed all the time. His awareness is amazing, and he seems to know exactly when he should hold on to the puck and when he's got to dish it out quickly. In a weird way, he seems like everything I hoped Tedenby would be and everything I hoped Josefson would be, in one package. He'll get his hand full of games, and then tear up the OHL. What a steal of a pick he's looking like. I was not expecting this. 

I think I've always misjudged Johansson when I've watched Washington games in the past. I always thought he was more of a passenger on that team. But he is really a complete player, and a great veteran presence. It's awesome to watch him get to work on the PP. He plays a nice, controlled game, definitely a threat when he's on the ice.

While Quenneville may not be completely ready to be a full time NHL player, he showed that his shot will most definitely be an asset, with those two goals tonight. It was almost the exact same shot, twice within 30 seconds (and a great play by Bratt for one of them).

Hall-Zacha-Palmieri will be a great line this season. I cannot wait to play the Flyers so that they'll finally shut up about Konecny and Provorov being such better picks than Zacha.

And that Palmieri play on the second Zacha goal reminded me of McDavid or Ovechkin. He has been possessed so far this preseason.

I need to control the hype. It's only preseason...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

:headlesschicken:ITS ONLY PRE SEASON:headlesschicken:

My current state of mind. 

Yeah I'm with you on this, but at least these guys will be going into the season with a little confidence.  Every little bit helps. 

• Like 1