GDT: 9/27/17 NJ Devils @ Washington - Preseason Finale

CommonDreads

46 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Rough one for Butcher there.

Yeah, he definitely butchered that one.

#HomelessBaker

Otherwise, it’s preseason, but fvck it, I’m excited. We look like a different team. Mostly because we are. 

I have my tickets for 10/7, and as a guy who only goes to a few games a year, I’ve seen an inordinate number of rookies score their first NHL goal. Looking at you, Mr. Hischier. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Yo.  That was kind of a dirty hit by Noesen.  The color guys said he might get 2 games for that.  He blindsides him for sure, Orpik has his head up too.  I don't know.  

It wasn’t head contact, fortunately. If he gets suspended for that it’s just a further demonstration of the pussification of the sport. 

It has nothing to do head/elbow/shoulder contact or if his head was down. The puck wasn't there. It was a big hit on a defensless player. You can't be hitting players at full steam who are not even near the puck. Blatant interference, dirty/dangerous hit.

Edited by Zubie#8
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zubie#8 said:

It has nothing to do head/elbow/shoulder contact or if his head was down. The puck wasn't there. It was a big hit on a defensless player. You can't be hitting players at full steam who are not even near the puck. Blatant interference, dirty/dangerous hit.

I agree totally. He should have been penalized. But, Orpik wasn’t hurt, it wasn’t head contact, and Orpik got to say his piece. You don’t need to suspend guys over nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, nessus said:

Zacha really will have a monster season, especially if he sticks with Hall and Palmieri for the majority of the season.

Loving what I'm seeing from Nico tonight. If he continues to work on his shot over the next couple of years, he will score a ton of goals. 

Coleman has looked as good as he could without cashing in also. 

53 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Competition from nico seems to have upped zacha game, he's been fantastic.. stafford was actually the weak link on that line tonight, but he gets dropped anyway.  One thing is for sure with Shero we ain't slow and old any more.  As Bart Scott said, "can't wait"

Amen sister

It's preseason so it's easy for the Caps to give up after going down 4-0, but man, the Devils look decent.  They won't keep scoring goals so easily but the speed with which they are coming through the neutral zone and operating in the offensive zone is going to be a real challenge for opposing defenses.   Hischier looks great obviously, but if both he and Zacha can keep this up, it's a totally different team from last year.  It's starting to happen.

• Like 3