NFL Week 4

NJDevs4978

Chiefs offense is scary good. Kareem Hunt is arguably a top 3 running back. Travis Kelce might be the best tight end. Tyreke Hill is one of the best big play receivers in the game. Alex Smith is locked in and is really making a lot of good throws and plays with his legs. He never turns the ball over, either. 

Just now, SMantzas said:

Chiefs offense is scary good. Kareem Hunt is arguably a top 3 running back. Travis Kelce might be the best tight end. Tyreke Hill is one of the best big play receivers in the game. Alex Smith is locked in and is really making a lot of good throws and plays with his legs. He never turns the ball over, either. 

Pats' O can definitely keep up with them and anyone else...they are still a top offensive team...but I think in a playoff game at Arrowhead, it will be a tall order for the Pats to win that game, unless their D makes some serious strides (they do have some time).  FWIW, as far as Week 4 goes, KC is clearly the better team on both sides of the ball.   

If that matchup takes place at Gillette, I feel better about the Pats' chances, but it wouldn't surprise me much if KC went in there and won.     

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Pats' O can definitely keep up with them and anyone else...they are still a top offensive team...but I think in a playoff game at Arrowhead, it will be a tall order for the Pats to win that game, unless their D makes some serious strides (they do have some time).  FWIW, as far as Week 4 goes, KC is clearly the better team on both sides of the ball.   

If that matchup takes place at Gillette, I feel better about the Pats' chances, but it wouldn't surprise me much if KC went in there and won.     

With the Pats' offense, there's always that fear that Gronk is one play away from a multiple week injury. He's looked good so far, but can they survive the loss of both Edelman and Gronk? Hogan has stepped up but Brady and Cooks have been inconsistent so far.

Brady seems to find a way to make it work regardless of who he has to work with, but yeah, not having Edelman AND Gronk would be tough...Amendola is always one play away from injury as well. 

Cooks has always been up-and-down...check out his last two seasons.  He has big games and he has quieter ones (not that uncommon for a lot of receivers).  He's been at around 1150 yards the past couple of seasons, and is on pace for that right now (though he's only caught 13 balls so far).  I think he and Brady will click more in time.   

5 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

There are the 4-0 Chiefs and Alex Smith is actually throwing the ball down field a little more, plus they have more explosive playmakers in Hill and Hunt than they have in the past.  Going to Houston on Sunday night will be a nice barometer for both teams though.  If Houston's defense starts playing up to pedigree and Watson keeps up his level of play they could be a force too.

In my mind (and I know it's been forever) but I can't separate these Chiefs from the Schottenheimer underachievers who were everybody's darlings until the playoffs rolled around. The current Chiefs seem to have some small, speedy, interchangeable talent with guys like Hill, Wilson, Conley...but I wouldn't label any of these guys elite. Smith is finally that very good 2nd tier QB but he'll never be Brady or Roethlisberger. But I would say without any trepidation that you can win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith being more than just a game manager, he's shown he can make some plays. The whole team is solid and well coached but in a big spot on the road, like the Houston game you mentioned...I think they'll have trouble. A big physical defense can beat them up.

Edited by '7'