Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2017-18 New Jersey Devils

Ralliart90

Excited to see how this plays out.  The bar is set pretty low so it won't take much to hit it for me. 

Although seeing the roster on paper is still cringe worthy way more that I think most of us would all like it to be.  

Just keep getting better. 

Edited by titans04

Suprised Blandisi didn't make the cut after hearing some of you talk him up all preseason. 
Also, Brian Gibbons? 

He had a strong first game and sort of faded. Maybe they're settled on him being an AHLer. Gibbons must be a guy they like on the 4th and might be the 13th forward until injured guys come back

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

Excited to see how this plays out.  The bar is set pretty low so it won't take much to hit it for me. 

Although seeing the roster on paper is still cringe worthy way more that I think most of us would all like it to be.  

Just keep getting better. 

I mean besides our defense, is it really that cringe worthy?  Even if butcher and mueller turn out to be decent i dont see our roster as half that bad...but i am always optimistic...

11 minutes ago, lucifer91 said:

I mean besides our defense, is it really that cringe worthy?  Even if butcher and mueller turn out to be decent i dont see our roster as half that bad...but i am always optimistic...

Cringeworthy is hyperbolic but the roster isn't anything overly impressive; it's full of unproven, young players. Our forward group is pretty decent looking but, obviously, doesn't compete with some of the better forward groups in the league. And then of course, our defense is a complete question mark, which by the way, doesn't necessarily mean they'll suck. 

What our team does have is speed, which makes me lean towards a positive attitude about the upcoming year. It'll be fun to watch these guys compete...which they will do.

Gibbons is 30 yo , it's a nice jesture by the organization to let him hold the fort for a short while.Coleman is a bit of a surprise.. but i expect lots of call ups and send backs this year.  Rt 17 will be busy..good thing it's not a toll road..they took a long look at quenn and blender, both will play in NJ soon imo. They both got shots off at a decent rate..  hopefully stafford keeps this intensity up all year.  Hayes needs to play tough also or be gone.   Did loov just get cut and released?

3 hours ago, lucifer91 said:

We'll yeah being the defense is a pretty sizeable part of the roster and there's more than a couple marginally talented forwards I'll stick with yes. Hopefully better than last year but still a long way to go imo. 

8 hours ago, devlman said:

Very disappointed Q didn't make the cut. I thought he had an excellent preseason. No idea why and how Gibbons made the team.

Better for Q and Blandisi get playing time, and they'll get plenty of it in Binghamton; Gibbons will be a 13th forward "scratch" type.  LittleBallofHate pretty much nailed it. 

My guess is that they are giving Bratt 9 games then sending him to London for a season, at which point Blender will be called up.  He looked too good in preseason not to stay up in Newark.

Edit: Just saw some others mentioned this in the other thread yesterday

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

My guess is that they are giving Bratt 9 games then sending him to London for a season, at which point Blender will be called up.  He looked too good in preseason not to stay up in Newark.

Edit: Just saw some others mentioned this in the other thread yesterday

I think Bratt is definitely going back to London. Whether or not its Blandisi coming back up, I couldn't say. I feel bad for the guy, though, I really feel like he played well enough to be up with the big team. 

• Like 1

Hall-Zacha-Palmieri

Johansson-Hischier-Stafford

Bratt-Henrique-Hayes

Wood-Coleman-Noesen

Greene-Severson

Moore-Lovejoy

Mueller-Santini

---

I think Blandisi or Q replace Bratt if/when they send him back. I'm thinking it'll take something like 5 pts in 9 games for Bratt for him to stick for the season.

The defense will be interesting and it pretty much assures they're going to rotate out one of Mueller, Butcher and Santini every game with Prout being the other HS. Hopefully Lovejoy can play his way into that rotation.