2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I saw Cammy is doing pretty well with LA. 7GP 5pts and 1 SO goal. Good for him. A change of scenery can do a lot for some guys in sports. It is a shame he couldn't have played well enough to hang around a bit longer and do something with this new young squad. 

Four of those points came in one game, at home against a struggling Canadiens team went through an 0-6-1 slump (they got outscored 16-5 in going 0-3 on a West Coast swing).  Nothing against Cam and I wish him the best, but his early season numbers are flukey...he's also shooting 20%, which also won't continue. 

14 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I may be wrong, but I thought I saw or heard someplace that Cammy was scratched for a game or two already this season.

He's missed two games, though I'm not sure if it was because he was scratched.

He's also only averaging 12:37 of ice-time per game...much less than he's used to (most of his career has seen him average around 17-19 minutes per game).  This makes sense...it's not like Cam was signed there to be the younger Cam in terms of production, and LA signed him at a "what the hell, why not?" cost...but it also shows that he's not going to keep adding to these temporarily-respectable glamour numbers. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He's missed two games, though I'm not sure if it was because he was scratched.

He's also only averaging 12:37 of ice-time per game...much less than he's used to (most of his career has seen him average around 17-19 minutes per game).  This makes sense...it's not like Cam was signed there to be the younger Cam in terms of production, and LA signed him at a "what the hell, why not?" cost...but it also shows that he's not going to keep adding to these temporarily-respectable glamour numbers. 

I just checked and he was scratched in the two games before the Montreal game.

On 10/26/2017 at 6:07 PM, NJDevils1214 said:

Well I retract what I said then... RIP Cammy. Lol. 

Heh heh, admittedly when I saw the five points in seven games, I was curious too.  But seeing how his young season is going, I think it one of those rare big last-gasp games you get from a guy who is declining quickly...he's played about 30 mins combined in his last two games and hasn't even recorded a shot on goal.  

7 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

And yet here they are bowing down before the great NJ Devils logo!  :evil:

Vegas Golden Knights‏ Verified account @GoldenKnights 

The Knights Of The Round Circle meet in the eastern time zone for the first time.

image.thumb.png.6e8e78dd58c9f912488a0b9d0d09c01d.png

I find it interesting that there has been a few times teams visiting the isles and rags often practice at prudential.  Is this the norm or dont they practice there? Or do they choose the practice rink because it's readily available?  I wonder if they stay locally in newark overnight?

fvcking weird stat of the year:  not only are the Pittsburgh Penguins 0-3 in the second night of back-to-backs...they've been outscored 24-3 in those three games (10-1, 7-1 and 7-1).  They're 7-2-1 in their other 10 GP with a goal differential of +7...just under half of the 50 goals Pittsburgh has allowed have come in those three games.  How in fvck does THAT happen?!

Starting the playoff beard early I see...you're gonna look like Joe Thornton by the end of the season.

Nice pic, you should write all of 1995, 2000, and 2003 Devils player names on her dress. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

No clue where to post this; check out my wife and my Halloween costumes.

You got your wife to wear a hockey themed costume, while you yourself just got to wear your Devils jersey which you wear for non-costume occasions. 

#JediMindTricks

• Like 1

On 10/29/2017 at 10:05 AM, MadDog2020 said:

Nice! Definitely post some pics and let us know how it is if you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got official word that I'm on the trip next week. Free trip to Vegas!

EDIT: If by any chance people will be out there next weekend, come out to Nellis AFB too

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 2