2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

9 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I heard the Miami Herald dropped the Panthers beat due to lack of interest. They really are an afterthought down there, but they've also sucked for the majority of their existence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's so hard to blame that fan base or lack of one when they have only made the playoffs 5x since they joined the league in 93-94 and only made it past the first round 1x. How do you even blame the fans when it's clear ownership is never going to get it right. They do show up when the team is winning, the team just never wins enough lol

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Wasn't sure if I should put this here or make a new thread elsewhere but:

Just a heads up to anyone buying t-shirts heading into the holiday season, the Adidas Authentic Training Climate t-shirt is very similiar to the old Reebok training shirts. They seem to run true to size, but the neck is kinda snug when putting it on. They have this mesh material under the arms and around the shoulder that just feels different from a typical shirt, but overall is just as comfortable as the ones Reebok made. Lastly, the NHL logo thats on the back between the shoulders is raised and feels almost like plastic.

On 10/30/2017 at 9:47 PM, MadDog2020 said:

I heard the Miami Herald dropped the Panthers beat due to lack of interest. They really are an afterthought down there, but they've also sucked for the majority of their existence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you serious? That's pretty bad. 

Rangers with a big comeback win (looks like Vegas' goaltending injuries and extremely good fortune are finally catching up with them), but the Rags are only 4-4-2 at home (0-3-0 on the road).  Hard to be much worse than 4-7-2 when 10 out of your first 13 games are played in your building.

The slew of home games for them continues after a short two-game stint in Florida...after that, they get eight out of their next eleven games at home.  If they don't get their act together by the start of December, it's hard to see them getting it together at all.  

Nolan Patrick goes on IR...three games missed and counting. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Rangers with a big comeback win (looks like Vegas' goaltending injuries and extremely good fortune are finally catching up with them), but the Rags are only 4-4-2 at home (0-3-0 on the road).  Hard to be much worse than 4-7-2 when 10 out of your first 13 games are played in your building.

The slew of home games for them continues after a short two-game stint in Florida...after that, they get eight out of their next eleven games at home.  If they don't get their act together by the start of December, it's hard to see them getting it together at all.  

Nolan Patrick goes on IR...three games missed and counting. 

They will eventually fire AV if this slide continues and then the usual past-coach firing uptick will kick in.  That's why I want them to keep AV as long as possible right now.

37 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

They will eventually fire AV if this slide continues and then the usual past-coach firing uptick will kick in.  That's why I want them to keep AV as long as possible right now.

Well if AV goes Ruff is the likely next man up and I was never a fan, I agree there will probably be a resurgence but personally I think AV is a better coach than Ruff.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/926213165007990790?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23926215170770251776
@SunGarrioch: There are 22 scouts from 20 teams here tonight. There are 11 other games tonight. Something is brewing. #Sens #RedWings

Edited by MadDog2020

Can someone explain to me what in the hell Ottawa is doing? They moved essentially two 1sts and a 3rd to upgrade Turris to Duchene, and Duchene is not THAT much better than Turris.

EDIT: Also, not to mention, Turris has been one of the more clutch Senators in the playoffs in recent memory.

Edited by CommonDreads
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

Can someone explain to me what in the hell Ottawa is doing? They moved essentially two 1sts and a 3rd to upgrade Turris to Duchene, and Duchene is not THAT much better than Turris.

They get an extra year of Duchene and perhaps better shot at signing him long term or flipping him for other assets.  

Just now, Daniel said:

They get an extra year of Duchene and perhaps better shot at signing him long term or flipping him for other assets.  

That's not worth two 1st rounders though, and even so, I always got the impression from TSN panels that Turris wanted to stay in Ottawa, just the Sens never put forth much effort in getting him signed. I would be pretty annoyed at this trade if I was a Senators fan, it just seems like an awful management of assets to JOE SAKIC of all GM's.

• Like 2