2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think it's just time to move the Coyotes to Seattle: http://deadsp.in/PgeXtJ8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That team in every facet is a joke right now, they have no stability, a weak fanbase, and are currently on pace for a 28 point season. I think the NHL just unfortunately has to cut their losses in Arizona

• Like 2

That team in every facet is a joke right now, they have no stability, a weak fanbase, and are currently on pace for a 28 point season. I think the NHL just unfortunately has to cut their losses in Arizona

For real. Enough is enough. Pull the damn plug, Gary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

But the point is that if you're only looking to sign a goalie for a short period of time, especially a backup, it means you're scraping the bottom of the barrel more often than not. 

Could the Rangers possibly expect to get back to being a .920+ save% team even if they hadn't signed Pavelec?  No, no with a lesser Lundqvist still the incumbent #1.  Sometimes you get some serious luck, and with the performances they got from Talbot and Raanta, they got awesome backup performances for four straight seasons.  It was unlikely that anyone they brought in was going to fully approximate what they those two gave them.   

I just think the Rangers should've been able to do a little better than Pavelec...and considering that the Rangers may need to have Lundqvist sit for 3+ games here and there (if he has a bunch of clunkers), I feel that they NEEDED to do better than Pavelec, if they were serious about contending this season. 

Of course, I'm also looking at this from the standpoint that the Rangers still think of themselves as legit SC contenders in 2017-18...maybe they don't, and this is more of a take-a-step-back, retooling-on-the-fly kind of year, where they'll try to get by with Lundqvist and Pavelec (even though they know the results won't be what they've become accustomed to), then bring over a 22-year-old Igor Shesterkin (the Russian kid currently tearing up the K) and give him a legit shot to start at least half of the games in 2018-19, if he has a solid camp, and proves capable of handling the NHL as he's given opportunities. 

16 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Are the Devils staff unionized?  For a team that is already in financial trouble like Arizona, unionization could very well make things worse.

I don't think so, although in this state anything is possible.  They are part time, hourly wage workers, so there really is no financial incentive for them to unionize.  Most of those people pickup work at the Rock as a side job to make ends meet.  Paying union dues for a job that doesn't provide healthcare, a pension, or paid sick/vacation days doesn't seem to be worth it to me. 

2 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I don't think so, although in this state anything is possible.  They are part time, hourly wage workers, so there really is no financial incentive for them to unionize.  Most of those people pickup work at the Rock as a side job to make ends meet.  Paying union dues for a job that doesn't provide healthcare, a pension, or paid sick/vacation days doesn't seem to be worth it to me. 

A lot of supermarket jobs though are union shops.  At least in NJ they are.

Nolan Patrick was eased back into the lineup last night...played about 7 1/2 minutes. 

It kind of sucks having to watch Barzal tear it up with the Islanders this season, after the Devils (and about 10 other teams) passed on him in the 2015 draft. I don't think many of us have given up on Zacha, and maybe he just needs more time than we expected, but the idea of having Barzal on this team is really awesome. I know a lot of posters on here were hoping for Barzal in that draft. It was no secret that he was a very talented player at the time.

Imagine Barzal, Hischier, Zajac, and Boyle as the Devils' center depth.

Hopefully Zacha soon becomes the player we were all hoping for when he was drafted! It really would make such a difference.

10 hours ago, nessus said:

It kind of sucks having to watch Barzal tear it up with the Islanders this season, after the Devils (and about 10 other teams) passed on him in the 2015 draft. I don't think many of us have given up on Zacha, and maybe he just needs more time than we expected, but the idea of having Barzal on this team is really awesome. I know a lot of posters on here were hoping for Barzal in that draft. It was no secret that he was a very talented player at the time.

Imagine Barzal, Hischier, Zajac, and Boyle as the Devils' center depth.

Hopefully Zacha soon becomes the player we were all hoping for when he was drafted! It really would make such a difference.

Stop it you're making me cry.

• Like 1

Well for tomorrow we have:

Taylor Hall-Nico Hischier-Kyle Palmieri

Pavel Zacha-Travis Zajac-Jesper Bratt

Miles Wood-Brian Boyle-Drew Stafford

Adam Henrique-Blake Coleman-Brian Gibbons

Andy Greene-Steven Santini

John Moore-Damon Severson

Will Butcher-Ben Lovejoy

Good news Zacha back in, bad news, Zajac is on his line.

So people are starting to question whether Patrick was deserving of the #2 overall - it's obviously very, very early but it's nice to see people respecting Nico as the bonafide #1 pick in this past draft.

If we had gone Patrick... oh man how miserable would we all be right now?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, eaglejelly said:

I'm a lawyer that's done personal injury cases on both defendants' and plaintiffs' side.  All I'll say is that when things look open and shut in press accounts, they're often incomplete to the point of being misleading.  In many recent stories about concussions in the NFL or NHL, the stories in the press quote plaintiffs' experts uncritically and without even addressing whether the expert is being paid.   

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Alex Kerfoot having a very good rookie season in Colorado. Up to 15 points and tied with Nico. If we didn't manage to snag Butcher from Colorado that would look horrible. 

As it stands I would rather have Butcher. 

I would have liked them both. 

• Like 2