2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

Doughty apparently told 'The Athletic' he and Karlsson should be paid more than PK Subban. That he doesn't know if either he or EK are going to stay where they are when their next contracts are up. It was a quote shown on the intermission just now, not going to try to find the source article because it will most likely be behind a paywall

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/erik-karlsson-talks-free-agency-im-going-get-im-worth/

“When I go to market, I’m going to get what I’m worth, and it’s going to be no less, no matter where I’m going,” Karlsson told the Ottawa Sun Thursday in Brooklyn.

Edited by SterioDesign

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/erik-karlsson-talks-free-agency-im-going-get-im-worth/

“When I go to market, I’m going to get what I’m worth, and it’s going to be no less, no matter where I’m going,” Karlsson told the Ottawa Sun Thursday in Brooklyn.

He would later apologize for it.  Part of me says that he didn’t have anything to apologize for, but I guess I would be upset if Taylor Hall said something like that.

On 12/11/2017 at 10:17 PM, Martyisth3b3st said:

EK is unreal but I can think of 5 players off the top of my head I would prefer.

Regardless of what you prefer, Karlsson is easily a top 3 player if you're polling GMs. If I'm starting a team from scratch, I'm taking him #2 behind McDavid. Sid is still probably the second best player in the league, but I think Karlsson has more value based on his age and not having the serious concussion issue. 

Trading for Karlsson is a silly thing to talk about, and I certainly wouldn't want to do it for what it would cost even if it was even marginally reasonable. 

If you didn't see Gaudreau's shootout goal tonight in Minnesota, stop what you're doing and have a look. 

10 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

Regardless of what you prefer, Karlsson is easily a top 3 player if you're polling GMs. If I'm starting a team from scratch, I'm taking him #2 behind McDavid. Sid is still probably the second best player in the league, but I think Karlsson has more value based on his age and not having the serious concussion issue. 

Trading for Karlsson is a silly thing to talk about, and I certainly wouldn't want to do it for what it would cost even if it was even marginally reasonable. 

If you didn't see Gaudreau's shootout goal tonight in Minnesota, stop what you're doing and have a look. 

I kind of hate the idea of the shootout, but it sure can be a blast to watch sometimes. 

That goal was crazy. 

So I was watching the Vegas Canes game last night and noticed a guy behind the defends twice end rocking an away Marty jersey. Not surprising we have fans all over the place, but I really wonder how well our fans will travel when we play out there in March.

At the game I went to against the Jets there were a handful of Devils fans and one horrendously obese Rangers fan wearing a King Nothing jersey.

Oh and that game too, went to a shootout. Which was the ultimate cock-tease after a pretty damn exciting overtime. So damn sick of shootouts.

Edited by jagknife

13 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I kind of hate the idea of the shootout, but it sure can be a blast to watch sometimes. 

That goal was crazy. 

I still hate it. Bring back 4v4 and ties. No reason to shoehorn a winner into a game that wasn't decided in 65. I get why they do it, but fvck I hate it still. 

What really needs to go is the trapezoid, there's no good reason for it to still be there. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

I still hate it. Bring back 4v4 and ties. No reason to shoehorn a winner into a game that wasn't decided in 65. I get why they do it, but fvck I hate it still. 

What really needs to go is the trapezoid, there's no good reason for it to still be there. 

I don't get why they do it anymore, it was a stupid gimick added after the lockout to hopefully draw the casual fan back.

"Oh we want there to be a clear winner and a loser of a game..... but we don't let that win count the same in the standings" At this point, if you're going to distinguish a SO win from a ROW win, then you might as well make it a 3-2 point system.

Not attacking you, cake, just still hate that Bettman and Daly think fans are head over heels in love with it with stupid fvcking quotes of "every fan stands, and they cheer every shot" Its like no fvcking sh!t, they cheer on breakaways too, jackass.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Had it coming. Was a punk since his Rag days. Dirty player. Pretends to be a lot tougher than he actually is

• Like 7

First that tool loses his "A", then he almost loses an "I".  Poor guy is running out of vowels. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

May not be a vowel, but taking one look at his stupid face and it's very clear he frequently takes the "d"

It's a hateable face indeed.  Don't know what it was about him (though being a Blowshirt certainly factored it), but I never liked that guy. 

• Like 1

So here’s something I thought about.  Could you make a trade for Karlsson where the only roster players going the other way are Zacha and Severson and basically other stuff you can live without, but you had to take Bobby Ryan, maybe with a little bit of money retained, but no much.  Ryan’s been absolutely brutal and his contract is even more brutal, so I imagine Ottawa would be dying to get rid of it.  Does taking it on mean we’d have no shot of signing one of Karlsson or Hall to an extension?   

Ryan's contract is just too awful.  What a fvcking albatross that one is!  

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

So here’s something I thought about.  Could you make a trade for Karlsson where the only roster players going the other way are Zacha and Severson and basically other stuff you can live without, but you had to take Bobby Ryan, maybe with a little bit of money retained, but no much.  Ryan’s been absolutely brutal and his contract is even more brutal, so I imagine Ottawa would be dying to get rid of it.  Does taking it on mean we’d have no shot of signing one of Karlsson or Hall to an extension?   

You would think they would want high picks, proven assets, and/or young prospects with a ton of upside (something like William Nylander in his draft +1 year), so I'm not sure Severson or Zacha fits into that category based on where they stand presently. But the main reason I don't think this idea gets it done is that trading away Karlsson automatically makes them a much worse team to the point that they couldn't even hope to be a contender for the forseeable future. We wouldn't actually be doing them all that much of a favor by taking Bobby Ryan if they would need time to rebuild, and wouldn't necessarily need that extra cap space. Certainly, a team willing to send them a couple first rounders would be a better fit.

I still don't think he's getting traded. It seems to me that there's a lot of buzz over very little substance.