2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

10 minutes ago, Henry Killinger said:

Glad to see Henrique pot 2 against the B's last night and help end their stupid streak. Fvck that team.

He's really gotten hot again.  Six goals and two assists in his last six games, after putting up just three points in his previous 15 GP. 

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He's really gotten hot again.  Six goals and two assists in his last six games, after putting up just three points in his previous 15 GP. 

I'll give them Jimmy Hayes and a bag of pucks if they send him back...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'll give them Jimmy Hayes and a bag of pucks if they send him back...

Heh heh

Though he's very streaky in-season (and I still think the deal made perfect sense), you do know what production you can expect from him...he's good for 40-50 points as long he plays in 75+ games...far from awesome, but from season to season he's pretty consistent.  Really curious to see what he gets when he goes UFA. 

51 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Seeing reports all over social media that Mike Fisher is un-retiring.

Heh heh.

Before retiring:  Man, it will be nice to just relax at home.

After retiring:  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Not like it can be too stressful being around Carrie Underwood though...but without going too deep into it, or to make any sweeping generalizations about every last ex-pro athlete (not like I'll ever walk in their shoes), I think it's difficult for a lot of players to suddenly not have that much to do, especially when they're so used to structure and schedules (and if they haven't developed interests or hobbies)...guess you can say that about a lot of jobs obviously, but being an NHL player is a lot more exciting than what a lot of us do for a living.  Gotta be weird for that to just end so abruptly. 

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not like it can be too stressful being around Carrie Underwood though...

Hot famous chick, probably thinks she's never wrong about anything, and incredibly high maintenance. So its:

Before retiring:  Man, it will be nice to just relax at home with my wife.

After retiring:  I guess technically I am not THAT tired or injured, I could still be out on the road playing...

• Haha 1

Heh heh.
Before retiring:  Man, it will be nice to just relax at home.
After retiring:  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Not like it can be too stressful being around Carrie Underwood though...but without going too deep into it, or to make any sweeping generalizations about every last ex-pro athlete (not like I'll ever walk in their shoes), I think it's difficult for a lot of players to suddenly not have that much to do, especially when they're so used to structure and schedules (and if they haven't developed interests or hobbies)...guess you can say that about a lot of jobs obviously, but being an NHL player is a lot more exciting than what a lot of us do for a living.  Gotta be weird for that to just end so abruptly. 

I think he knows he has an excellent chance to finally get his name on the Cup- he probably figured 'it's now or never'. And I don't blame him. I think Nashville is winning it all this year, barring major injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I just realized...Carrie Underwood married Mike Fisher, does that make her Princess Leia??

Brilliant!

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I think he knows he has an excellent chance to finally get his name on the Cup- he probably figured 'it's now or never'. And I don't blame him. I think Nashville is winning it all this year, barring major injuries.

Could very well be the reason.  Awesome for him if it works out. 

• Like 1

So I'm watching this Islanders-Leafs game, and the Islanders have a ticket package called the 'Retro Jersey Package', where if you buy the ticket package, you get an Islanders retro jersey. Except the retro jersey is the fvcking Fishsticks jersey from the mid-90's! [emoji23] I mean, what idiot in the ticket department thought it would be a good idea to try and entice Islanders fans to buy tickets by offering a free Fishsticks jersey? Isles fans can't stand those jerseys and I don't blame them at all, they were an embarrassment. Talk about tone deaf lmfao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

So I'm watching this Islanders-Leafs game, and the Islanders have a ticket package called the 'Retro Jersey Package', where if you buy the ticket package, you get an Islanders retro jersey. Except the retro jersey is the fvcking Fishsticks jersey from the mid-90's! emoji23.png I mean, what idiot in the ticket department thought it would be a good idea to try and entice Islanders fans to buy tickets by offering a free Fishsticks jersey? Isles fans can't stand those jerseys and I don't blame them at all, they were an embarrassment. Talk about tone deaf lmfao.

Those jerseys have a cult following amongst Islanders fans. 

29 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

The Fishsticks jerseys fall into the category of “so fvcking ugly they’re incredible”. Much like the Mooterus and the purple ducks jerseys (and ugly Christmas sweaters for that matter), they’re SUPER popular because they’re SUPER ugly.

if I wasn’t a fan of a team in the metro, I think I’d want one. They’re gross. It’s amazing.

Plus, anytime the fan base hates a jersey, and they get rid of it, years later everyone wants them. And since they were so hated and limited to a short period of time, there’s fewer available which pushes the price up. 

28 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

The Fishsticks jerseys fall into the category of “so fvcking ugly they’re incredible”. Much like the Mooterus and the purple ducks jerseys (and ugly Christmas sweaters for that matter), they’re SUPER popular because they’re SUPER ugly.

if I wasn’t a fan of a team in the metro, I think I’d want one. They’re gross. It’s amazing.

I couldn’t get the fishsticks jersey if I were an Isles fan.  And I like retro and kind of ugly sports stuff.  Good retro has a kind of subtleness to it.  The fishsticks jersey are loud and obnoxious, and they’re not even fun and campy like an ugly sweater.

I have trouble imagining a worse jersey.

19 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I couldn’t get the fishsticks jersey if I were an Isles fan.  And I like retro and kind of ugly sports stuff.  Good retro has a kind of subtleness to it.  The fishsticks jersey are loud and obnoxious, and they’re not even fun and campy like an ugly sweater.

I have trouble imagining a worse jersey.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Two more examples of what I was talking about. Original authentic version of those Ducks jerseys sell for like $800. The Blues are mythical at this point, I can’t even imagine what a collector would pay for a certified real, original authentic; the only ones anyone ever sees are the knockoffs on eBay. 

45 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Two more examples of what I was talking about. Original authentic version of those Ducks jerseys sell for like $800. The Blues are mythical at this point, I can’t even imagine what a collector would pay for a certified real, original authentic; the only ones anyone ever sees are the knockoffs on eBay. 

Seems like the same people who collect Nazi china.