2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

There he is again, Mr. Softie. Don't know why I ever had any hope that the dumpster fire rangers would do us a solid, we'll be lucky if the rangers allow only six goals at this rate.

Fortunately we don't really NEED the rangers to do us a solid because we control our own destiny so if it's gonna go this way then I hope they dump 10 on the rags.

Edited by Steven M.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

7!!! King Nothing makes a good save on a 2 on 1 then a flubbed rebound shot goes 5 hole.

is this going to be Lundqvist’s Patrick Roy moment....?

hopefully not, it is honestly in our best interest that he continues to be delusional and squander any chance at a cup by staying there because he will artificially keep them afloat and away from higher draft picks, as well as the fact that he'd likely be worth some good assets still if traded.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Islanders lose at home in regulation. That gives us a 6 point lead with 2 games in hand over the Isles. A team not to sleep on down the stretch is the Panthers. They'll play a significantly easier schedule than anyone in the Metro. And -- while we currently have a 12-point spot on them -- they also are one of the few teams who has multiple games in hand on us (4, as of posting this). 

They only have 3 games in hand on us, but you're right, that's still enough for them to get close to us if they were to win them and then suddenly we pile up some losses.  Still, a team that has sort of got themselves back in consideration is the Wings.  Granted they're pretty terrible, but they've managed to stay somewhat relevant this late in the season.  They have 2 games in hand on Carolina and are only 7 points back, so theoretically possibly just 3.

55 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The Flyers haven't had to kill a penalty in three fvcking games. What a crock of sh!t. https://deadspin.com/the-flyers-haven-t-had-to-kill-a-penalty-in-three-games-1823191274?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worthy of an investigation

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

The Flyers haven't had to kill a penalty in three fvcking games. What a crock of sh!t. https://deadspin.com/the-flyers-haven-t-had-to-kill-a-penalty-in-three-games-1823191274?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

F*ucking figures.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Can you give a few examples of penalties they should have got? Cause obviously to make a statement that it's a crock of sh!t you'd need some evidence or at the very least watched all games correct?

i mean it sure sound strange but you can't just jump to conclusion either

Edited by SterioDesign

Can you give a few examples of penalties they should have got? Cause obviously to make a statement that it's a crock of sh!t you'd need some evidence or at the very least watched all games correct? i mean it sure sound strange but you can't just jump to conclusion either

Bro, I have no idea. But if you can tell me the fvcking Flyers of all teams haven't committed one fvcking foul in three games, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you incredibly cheap. There's really no need to go all devil's advocate on this one.

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Bro, I have no idea. But if you can tell me the fvcking Flyers of all teams haven't committed one fvcking foul in three games, I've got a bridge Brooklyn to sell you incredibly cheap.

Sure and i get it but that's still getting upset based on assumptions

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Indeed it is, but in this case I'd say it's a rather safe assumption lol.

well i know and again i get it haha but i mean "most people" prefer not to be upset in general lol so i'm just offering an angle in which you could trick yourself in giving a situation the benefit of the doubt. My intentions are pure in the end lol

The Flyers are actually bottom 7 in the league in penalties taken... so they've been pretty disciplined all year long

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

well i know and again i get it haha but i mean "most people" prefer not to be upset in general lol so i'm just offering an angle in which you could trick yourself in giving a situation the benefit of the doubt. My intentions are pure in the end lol
The Flyers are actually bottom 7 in the league in penalties taken... so they've been pretty disciplined all year long

That's really surprising that Philly is bottom 7 in penalties.... Not usually the case for that franchise lol.

I could comment that I stubbed my toe this morning and SD would reply with:
  • Three sentences asking for proof of my stubbed toe
  • Two incidents of other people stubbing their toes
  • Three things that would hurt worse than a stubbed toe
  • One d!ck-rubbing comment telling me that I'm overreacting to the stubbed toe, and casually mentioning that he was suspended from the forums for saying things not entirely different than "I stubbed my toe".

9ecaec1e110faaa1989e8cd3c52970d9.jpg