2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

there's not to much top base this on, other than FLA has been so hot playing at a .750 winning percentage over the past 7 weeks & the law of averages theory, so I expect them to cool off at the worst possible time in the last two weeks of the season, which opens the door for the Devs to squeek it out.  But its still up to our team and coach

16 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

They actually had like 3-4 quality chances.

Didn't convert on that almost empty net (although credit to Lyon, that was robbery), and played really tentative throughout. They choked on a 2-on-1 as well. I guess I'm being hard on them because it's strange to me that the Red Wings are this bad haha.. But yeah, I have to remember, they're not a good team anymore. This probably should've been a Flyers win, so I'll try and cheer up and be glad a really bad team like the Red Wings (right now) limited them to 1 point.

Here's your future news. On 3/22 Florida has just beaten the Blue Jackets in OT or a SO. The Devils are now out of the playoff picture for good and will remain out the rest of the season.

Enjoy the 40 something hours or so that remain for the Devils in playoff seeding. Take your screenshots to prove it happened. Share it on facebook to prove that we were there. Look at who our potential opponent would be and imagine how that series would have gone.

At approx 11pm Thursday night it ends for good and will not return for the remainder of this hockey season

21 minutes ago, '7' said:

Here's your future news. On 3/22 Florida has just beaten the Blue Jackets in OT or a SO. The Devils are now out of the playoff picture for good and will remain out the rest of the season.

Enjoy the 40 something hours or so that remain for the Devils in playoff seeding. Take your screenshots to prove it happened. Share it on facebook to prove that we were there. Look at who our potential opponent would be and imagine how that series would have gone.

At approx 11pm Thursday night it ends for good and will not return for the remainder of this hockey season

They'll probably make one more surge/tease after falling out of a spot, only to get eliminated the last game or next to last - probably by Lou and the Leafs just to twist the knife in even more.

TEAMS - GP - PTS - GR - MAX - DIFF
1)CBJ - 74 -  87 -  8 - 103 - (+3)

3)PHI - 74 -  86 -  8 - 102 - (+2)
4)NJD - 73 -  82 -  9 - 100 -  (E)
2)FLA - 71 -  81 - 11 - 103 - (+3)

In 9 games we have to win 2 more than Florida/Blue Jackets and Flyers. This means we have fallen behind by at least 2 games on each team in this playoff race. If Philly goes 4-4 (94), or CBJ goes 3-4-1 (94) or Panthers go 6-4-1 (94) and this is unlikely considering how they are playing, we have to go 6-2-1 (95) vs Pens x2/TB/Caps/Leafs still to come. We lose on ROWs against all of them.

7 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

They'll probably make one more surge/tease after falling out of a spot, only to get eliminated the last game or next to last - probably by Lou and the Leafs just to twist the knife in even more.

I'm not even sure they have one more surge in them because of how our goaltending is in shambles. If Kinkaid has a stretch (and it looks like he may be entering it) where he plays like a fringe AHL scrub then that's it. They will have no chance to win any game. 

Though really we need to consider throwing Lack out there. You can't go Kinkaid the final 9. Maybe Lack gives you a couple of flukey wins? 

If crystal balls existed...

PHI:  vs NYR W, @ PIT OTL, @ DAL L, @ COL L, vs BOS L, @ NYI W,  vs CAR W, vs NYR W - 95 pts

CBJ:  vs FLA OTL, vs STL W, @ EDM W, @ CGY L, @ VAN W, vs DET W, vs PIT OTL, @ NSH L - 97 pts

FLA:  @ CBJ W, vs ARI W, @ NYI W, @ TOR L, @ OTT W, @ BOS OTL, vs CAR W, @ NSH L, vs BOS W, vs BUF W, @ BOS L - 96 pts

NJD: @ PIT W, vs TBL L, vs CAR W, vs PIT L, vs NYI W, @ MTL W, vs NYR W, vs TOR L, @ WSH OTL - 93 pts

Depressing.

Thursday we're definitely Blue Jackets fans, and the rest of the way we're pretty huge Bruins fans...

I saw over on HF someone pointed out that the final Panthers-Bruins game is actually after the last scheduled day of the season after everyone else has played 82 cause it's a snowout makeup.  So the danger's pretty high Boston's gonna be sitting everyone cause they'll be locked into a seed by then while the Panthers will know exactly what they need to make the playoffs if they haven't clinched or been eliminated by then.

Edited by NJDevs4978

32 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I saw over on HF someone pointed out that the final Panthers-Bruins game is actually after the last scheduled day of the season after everyone else has played 82 cause it's a snowout makeup.  So the danger's pretty high Boston's gonna be sitting everyone cause they'll be locked into a seed by then while the Panthers will know exactly what they need to make the playoffs if they haven't clinched or been eliminated by then.

If this doesn't say that the hockey gods aren't letting us in then I don't know what does.

7 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If crystal balls existed...

PHI:  vs NYR W, @ PIT OTL, @ DAL L, @ COL L, vs BOS L, @ NYI W,  vs CAR W, vs NYR W - 95 pts

CBJ:  vs FLA OTL, vs STL W, @ EDM W, @ CGY L, @ VAN W, vs DET W, vs PIT OTL, @ NSH L - 97 pts

FLA:  @ CBJ W, vs ARI W, @ NYI W, @ TOR L, @ OTT W, @ BOS OTL, vs CAR W, @ NSH L, vs BOS W, vs BUF W, @ BOS L - 96 pts

NJD: @ PIT W, vs TBL L, vs CAR W, vs PIT L, vs NYI W, @ MTL W, vs NYR W, vs TOR L, @ WSH OTL - 93 pts

Depressing.

Thursday we're definitely Blue Jackets fans, and the rest of the way we're pretty huge Bruins fans...

This is a pretty good guesstimate. Assuming the 96 is the lowest total, makes 97 the threshold for us. This means we need 15 pts in 9 games, i.e., have to go 7-1-1 or 6-0-3. Bruins have 5 key players injured and we need to go on a tear. Our weaknesses, most of our players lack experience playing this time of the year, Hynes included. Our goalie situation has the entire team in a conundrum.

13 hours ago, Anhkheg said:

This is a pretty good guesstimate. Assuming the 96 is the lowest total, makes 97 the threshold for us. This means we need 15 pts in 9 games, i.e., have to go 7-1-1 or 6-0-3. Bruins have 5 key players injured and we need to go on a tear. Our weaknesses, most of our players lack experience playing this time of the year, Hynes included. Our goalie situation has the entire team in a conundrum.

This is the reason we, gulp, have to roll Kinkaid here on out. The team plays with confidence in front of him, they don't with Schneider.

TEAMS - GP - PTS - GR - MAX - DIFF
1)CBJ - 75 -  89 -  7 - 103 - (+3) - STL,@EDM,@CGY,@VAN,DET,PIT,@NSH

2)PHI - 75 -  88 -  7 - 102 - (+2) - @PIT,@DAL,@COL,BOS,@NYI,CAR,NYR
4)NJD - 73 -  82 -  9 - 100 -  (E) - @PIT,TBL,CAR,PIT,NYI,@MTL,NYR,TOR,@WSH
3)FLA - 72 -  81 - 10 - 101 - (+1) - ARI,@NYI,@TOR,@OTT,@BOS,CAR,@NSH,BOS,BUF,@BOS

Phillies in 2nd position. The best part about the Columbus win was the shutout, the team is oozing confidence. This game could really deflate the Panthers and lead them on a downward spiral, they did seem to lose their poise and I look forward to it happening again.

• Like 2