2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

8 hours ago, CarpathianForest said:

Yes please to a PHI/PITT series reminiscent of the one in 2012

Let them bash each other.  That may take a lot out of the series winner and make them a non-factor going forward.  A win-win scenario for the rest of us,.

On 4/9/2018 at 7:43 AM, Vic Rattlehead18 said:

Lightning > Devils
Maple Leafs > Bruins
Capitals > Blue Jackets
Penguins > Flyers

Predators > Avalanche
Jets > Wild
Golden Knights > Kings
Ducks > Sharks

Maple Leafs > Lightning
Penguins > Capitals

Predators > Jets
Ducks > Golden Knights

Penguins > Maple Leafs

Ducks > Predators

Penguins > Ducks

No no no! I want no part of seeing the Pens in the SCF again. There are so many other EC teams that are heads and tails better than these overrated pricks

1 hour ago, LittleBallofHate said:

I heard the Rangers are in the market for old eastern Europeans.I heard the Rangers are in the market for old eastern Europeans.

9 hours ago, CarpathianForest said:

No no no! I want no part of seeing the Pens in the SCF again. There are so many other EC teams that are heads and tails better than these overrated pricks

The Pens will not make the SCF again, too many teams have their number and want to do some real damage to them.  And they are grossly overrated and overhyped by the hockey media.  SICKENING!!

20 minutes ago, aclc79 said:

The Pens will not make the SCF again, too many teams have their number and want to do some real damage to them.  And they are grossly overrated and overhyped by the hockey media.  SICKENING!!

Idk how anyone could say a team that won back-to-back Cups, and have two of the greatest players of this generation is overrated...

I’m sick of the Pens, and I HATE Crosby, but they’ve earned all the praise. 

• Like 2

Idk how anyone could say a team that won back-to-back Cups, and have two of the greatest players of this generation is overrated... I’m sick of the Pens, and I HATE Crosby, but they’ve earned all the praise.  

Agree 100%. Any team that wins back to back Cups is not overrated.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mental hoops you gotta go through to call Crosby, at this point with his string of accomplishments in the past few years, overrated...and then ask WHY he's the media's darling? There's never been a more obvious answer to a question.

And if you're gonna dig in and stand by your statement, maybe expand on it and give a few reasons. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, aclc79 said:

I stand by the statement that they are grossly overhyped, especially #87.  Why he is the media's darling, I really don't know.  How about some more love for TH9?  Did he not end up with more points, etc., etc.?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marshall said:

The mental hoops you gotta go through to call Crosby, at this point with his string of accomplishments in the past few years, overrated...and then ask WHY he's the media's darling? There's never been a more obvious answer to a question.

And if you're gonna dig in and stand by your statement, maybe expand on it and give a few reasons. 

3 hours ago, aclc79 said:

I stand by the statement that they are grossly overhyped, especially #87.  Why he is the media's darling, I really don't know.  How about some more love for TH9?  Did he not end up with more points, etc., etc.?

Yeah, sorry bro, that just doesn't make any sense.  Hate him or not, you can't deny what he's achieved so far, with still a good portion of his career left.  Guy already has 1,000 points and is barely north of 30, with 3 cups to his name.  I don't care for the guy and his whiny attitude at times, but he's one of the top 3 players in the game, that's a fact.

• Like 1

I hate Crosby's whiny lil' entitled face, but the guy is a great player.  His Points/GP differential is +252 and he averages 1.29 PPG...Ovechkin is at +119 and 1.12, and as far as the Dead Puck Era goes, being over a PPG for one's career (especially with the number of games Crosby's played, as some players have a few big years, but then tail off) is huge.   

I find him to be quite unlikable in a lot of ways (though I greatly respect that he's battled back hard from concussions to play in almost all of his team's games the past five years), but there ain't an overrated bone in his body.  He's the best of his era (McDavid has a great chance to follow in his footsteps in that regard), and will probably retire will at least 1500 points if he stays healthy, and can stave off a sharp decline until he's 35.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

And, all of those stats and all of those Cups, he has concussion issues and missed a ton of time. He played a half season or less from 2010-2013 and STILL has those numbers.

Look at 2010-11, he played only 41 games and has 32G, 34A. That’s a beast right there. 

Plus he always seems to ruin our day. He may have the patchy beard of a prepubescent squire, but the dude can play hockey and has been dominant his entire career. 

Regarding the reference to Taylor Hall, he had one really good season and a bunch of ok ones. He’s not in the same category, or even close, unless you are being a giant homer. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, aclc79 said:

IDK 3 Cups in less than 10 years, 2 Conn Smythe trophies, 2 Art Ross Trophies, 2 Rocket Richard trophies and 2 Hart Trophies I think entitles him to be a little bit loved by the media.

Crosby has also had 5 seasons where he scored at least 100 points.  I don't think 1 season of TH outscoring him in the last 7 years means much.

Edited by DevsMan84
Wrong years

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

IDK 3 Cups in less than 3 years, 2 Conn Smythe trophies, 2 Art Ross Trophies, 2 Rocket Richard trophies and 2 Hart Trophies I think entitles him to be a little bit loved by the media.

Crosby has also had 5 seasons where he scored at least 100 points.  I don't think 1 season of TH outscoring him in the last 7 years means much.

Crosby hasn't won 3 cups in less than 3 years unless you're assuming they win this year. I don't doubt that team's greatness, but they're still annoying. And yes, Crosby has an amazing work ethic which is evident in the fact that he worked a ton to improve his faceoffs and is now one of the best f/o men in the league. However, Crosby is also a whiny little bitch who gets away with a lot of stuff. I'm reminded of when Cam Newton didn't get a call and the ref told him he wasn't popular enough to get that call. If you don't tink Crosby gets extra special attention then you aren't watching.

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

Crosby hasn't won 3 cups in less than 3 years unless you're assuming they win this year. I don't doubt that team's greatness, but they're still annoying. And yes, Crosby has an amazing work ethic which is evident in the fact that he worked a ton to improve his faceoffs and is now one of the best f/o men in the league. However, Crosby is also a whiny little bitch who gets away with a lot of stuff. I'm reminded of when Cam Newton didn't get a call and the ref told him he wasn't popular enough to get that call. If you don't tink Crosby gets extra special attention then you aren't watching.

I meant to type 10 years.  Whoops!

1 hour ago, CarpathianForest said:

However, Crosby is also a whiny little bitch who gets away with a lot of stuff. I'm reminded of when Cam Newton didn't get a call and the ref told him he wasn't popular enough to get that call. If you don't tink Crosby gets extra special attention then you aren't watching.

When you were the face of the league for many years and still among the top 3-5 players overall, you're gonna get calls.