Daniel

2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

21 minutes ago, '7' said:

Here's your future news. On 3/22 Florida has just beaten the Blue Jackets in OT or a SO. The Devils are now out of the playoff picture for good and will remain out the rest of the season.

Enjoy the 40 something hours or so that remain for the Devils in playoff seeding. Take your screenshots to prove it happened. Share it on facebook to prove that we were there. Look at who our potential opponent would be and imagine how that series would have gone.

At approx 11pm Thursday night it ends for good and will not return for the remainder of this hockey season

They'll probably make one more surge/tease after falling out of a spot, only to get eliminated the last game or next to last - probably by Lou and the Leafs just to twist the knife in even more.

TEAMS - GP - PTS - GR - MAX - DIFF
1)CBJ - 74 -  87 -  8 - 103 - (+3)

3)PHI - 74 -  86 -  8 - 102 - (+2)
4)NJD - 73 -  82 -  9 - 100 -  (E)
2)FLA - 71 -  81 - 11 - 103 - (+3)

In 9 games we have to win 2 more than Florida/Blue Jackets and Flyers. This means we have fallen behind by at least 2 games on each team in this playoff race. If Philly goes 4-4 (94), or CBJ goes 3-4-1 (94) or Panthers go 6-4-1 (94) and this is unlikely considering how they are playing, we have to go 6-2-1 (95) vs Pens x2/TB/Caps/Leafs still to come. We lose on ROWs against all of them.

7 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

They'll probably make one more surge/tease after falling out of a spot, only to get eliminated the last game or next to last - probably by Lou and the Leafs just to twist the knife in even more.

I'm not even sure they have one more surge in them because of how our goaltending is in shambles. If Kinkaid has a stretch (and it looks like he may be entering it) where he plays like a fringe AHL scrub then that's it. They will have no chance to win any game. 

Though really we need to consider throwing Lack out there. You can't go Kinkaid the final 9. Maybe Lack gives you a couple of flukey wins? 

If crystal balls existed...

PHI:  vs NYR W, @ PIT OTL, @ DAL L, @ COL L, vs BOS L, @ NYI W,  vs CAR W, vs NYR W - 95 pts

CBJ:  vs FLA OTL, vs STL W, @ EDM W, @ CGY L, @ VAN W, vs DET W, vs PIT OTL, @ NSH L - 97 pts

FLA:  @ CBJ W, vs ARI W, @ NYI W, @ TOR L, @ OTT W, @ BOS OTL, vs CAR W, @ NSH L, vs BOS W, vs BUF W, @ BOS L - 96 pts

NJD: @ PIT W, vs TBL L, vs CAR W, vs PIT L, vs NYI W, @ MTL W, vs NYR W, vs TOR L, @ WSH OTL - 93 pts

Depressing.

Thursday we're definitely Blue Jackets fans, and the rest of the way we're pretty huge Bruins fans...

Posted (edited)

I saw over on HF someone pointed out that the final Panthers-Bruins game is actually after the last scheduled day of the season after everyone else has played 82 cause it's a snowout makeup.  So the danger's pretty high Boston's gonna be sitting everyone cause they'll be locked into a seed by then while the Panthers will know exactly what they need to make the playoffs if they haven't clinched or been eliminated by then.

Edited by NJDevs4978

32 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I saw over on HF someone pointed out that the final Panthers-Bruins game is actually after the last scheduled day of the season after everyone else has played 82 cause it's a snowout makeup.  So the danger's pretty high Boston's gonna be sitting everyone cause they'll be locked into a seed by then while the Panthers will know exactly what they need to make the playoffs if they haven't clinched or been eliminated by then.

If this doesn't say that the hockey gods aren't letting us in then I don't know what does.

7 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If crystal balls existed...

PHI:  vs NYR W, @ PIT OTL, @ DAL L, @ COL L, vs BOS L, @ NYI W,  vs CAR W, vs NYR W - 95 pts

CBJ:  vs FLA OTL, vs STL W, @ EDM W, @ CGY L, @ VAN W, vs DET W, vs PIT OTL, @ NSH L - 97 pts

FLA:  @ CBJ W, vs ARI W, @ NYI W, @ TOR L, @ OTT W, @ BOS OTL, vs CAR W, @ NSH L, vs BOS W, vs BUF W, @ BOS L - 96 pts

NJD: @ PIT W, vs TBL L, vs CAR W, vs PIT L, vs NYI W, @ MTL W, vs NYR W, vs TOR L, @ WSH OTL - 93 pts

Depressing.

Thursday we're definitely Blue Jackets fans, and the rest of the way we're pretty huge Bruins fans...

This is a pretty good guesstimate. Assuming the 96 is the lowest total, makes 97 the threshold for us. This means we need 15 pts in 9 games, i.e., have to go 7-1-1 or 6-0-3. Bruins have 5 key players injured and we need to go on a tear. Our weaknesses, most of our players lack experience playing this time of the year, Hynes included. Our goalie situation has the entire team in a conundrum.

7 hours ago, CarpathianForest said:

If this doesn't say that the hockey gods aren't letting us in then I don't know what does.

You could spin world peace into a negative thing. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Anhkheg said:

This is a pretty good guesstimate. Assuming the 96 is the lowest total, makes 97 the threshold for us. This means we need 15 pts in 9 games, i.e., have to go 7-1-1 or 6-0-3. Bruins have 5 key players injured and we need to go on a tear. Our weaknesses, most of our players lack experience playing this time of the year, Hynes included. Our goalie situation has the entire team in a conundrum.

This is the reason we, gulp, have to roll Kinkaid here on out. The team plays with confidence in front of him, they don't with Schneider.

At least the Jackets are helping us out so far. 

• Like 2

It looks like the Devils and Panthers are going to battle it out for the final playoff berth as the Flyers now have a cushion to work with.

After tomorrow, the Devils have 6 of the final 8 at home. 

We shall see.

Good luck to whoever gets the Jackets in the 1st round. Man are they hot. 

TEAMS - GP - PTS - GR - MAX - DIFF
1)CBJ - 75 -  89 -  7 - 103 - (+3) - STL,@EDM,@CGY,@VAN,DET,PIT,@NSH

2)PHI - 75 -  88 -  7 - 102 - (+2) - @PIT,@DAL,@COL,BOS,@NYI,CAR,NYR
4)NJD - 73 -  82 -  9 - 100 -  (E) - @PIT,TBL,CAR,PIT,NYI,@MTL,NYR,TOR,@WSH
3)FLA - 72 -  81 - 10 - 101 - (+1) - ARI,@NYI,@TOR,@OTT,@BOS,CAR,@NSH,BOS,BUF,@BOS

Phillies in 2nd position. The best part about the Columbus win was the shutout, the team is oozing confidence. This game could really deflate the Panthers and lead them on a downward spiral, they did seem to lose their poise and I look forward to it happening again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Good luck to whoever gets the Jackets in the 1st round. Man are they hot. 

It'll be Pittsburgh.

Columbus's kryptonite until proven otherwise.

• Like 1

Y'all are going to verbally accost me but this season is over...it was fun while it lasted.

1 hour ago, mikepeluso8 said:

Y'all are going to verbally accost me but this season is over...it was fun while it lasted.

Nah, there are plenty of people here with defeatist attitudes lol 

17 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Nah, there are plenty of people here with defeatist attitudes lol 

Seems more like the same 2 or 3 people to me...

• Like 1

Regardless of what happens, this has to be a great improvement over the past few seasons.  Remember, Lou left the cupboard dry!

I watched the Florida Vs  Columbus game last night, Columbus dominated the whole game from start to finish.

Their commetary team said that Tortarella could now start preparing the team for the playoffs. At first I though that was quite a premature statement, but they are playing so well I can't see them missing under any circumstance. 

Oh and the few times that Florida did threaten Bobrovski was fantastic. 

We got some huge help last night by Florida losing in regulation.  I've never been so pumped for a game like I am tonight.  National TV.  I will be at the bar at 6pm today.  Happy hour that I hope stays happy when 10pm rolls around.  Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

In over 30 years of watching hockey, I've never seen anything like this lmfao: http://deadsp.in/RCjxUVl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your turn, Pierre! 

That's awesome!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

In over 30 years of watching hockey, I've never seen anything like this lmfao: http://deadsp.in/RCjxUVl

That's awesome!

That was crazy, Phoenix always seemed to be involved in these one way or the other lol... 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

That was crazy, Phoenix always seemed to be involved in these one way or the other lol... 

Looks like the Yotes got restitution from the hockey gods lol.

• Like 1