2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RECAP This is a perfect example why you shouldn't own furniture. The less times you stub your toe, the better. In order to not stub your toe, you need to pay attention to where yo

First that tool loses his "A", then he almost loses an "I".  Poor guy is running out of vowels. 

The most hateable face in hockey is no doubt Kreider

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Had it coming. Was a punk since his Rag days. Dirty player. Pretends to be a lot tougher than he actually is

• Like 7
Had it coming. Was a punk since his Rag days. Dirty player. Pretends to be a lot tougher than he actually is

Apparently he was running around all game too, taking shots at McDavid and Draisaitl. He gets no sympathy from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First that tool loses his "A", then he almost loses an "I".  Poor guy is running out of vowels. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

May not be a vowel, but taking one look at his stupid face and it's very clear he frequently takes the "d"

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

May not be a vowel, but taking one look at his stupid face and it's very clear he frequently takes the "d"

It's a hateable face indeed.  Don't know what it was about him (though being a Blowshirt certainly factored it), but I never liked that guy. 

• Like 1
It's a hateable face indeed.  Don't know what it was about him (though being a Blowshirt certainly factored it), but I never liked that guy. 

I detest him. Mostly because of his Rag days, but I still can't stand Douchebagsky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So here’s something I thought about.  Could you make a trade for Karlsson where the only roster players going the other way are Zacha and Severson and basically other stuff you can live without, but you had to take Bobby Ryan, maybe with a little bit of money retained, but no much.  Ryan’s been absolutely brutal and his contract is even more brutal, so I imagine Ottawa would be dying to get rid of it.  Does taking it on mean we’d have no shot of signing one of Karlsson or Hall to an extension?   

Ryan's contract is just too awful.  What a fvcking albatross that one is!  

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

So here’s something I thought about.  Could you make a trade for Karlsson where the only roster players going the other way are Zacha and Severson and basically other stuff you can live without, but you had to take Bobby Ryan, maybe with a little bit of money retained, but no much.  Ryan’s been absolutely brutal and his contract is even more brutal, so I imagine Ottawa would be dying to get rid of it.  Does taking it on mean we’d have no shot of signing one of Karlsson or Hall to an extension?   

You would think they would want high picks, proven assets, and/or young prospects with a ton of upside (something like William Nylander in his draft +1 year), so I'm not sure Severson or Zacha fits into that category based on where they stand presently. But the main reason I don't think this idea gets it done is that trading away Karlsson automatically makes them a much worse team to the point that they couldn't even hope to be a contender for the forseeable future. We wouldn't actually be doing them all that much of a favor by taking Bobby Ryan if they would need time to rebuild, and wouldn't necessarily need that extra cap space. Certainly, a team willing to send them a couple first rounders would be a better fit.

I still don't think he's getting traded. It seems to me that there's a lot of buzz over very little substance.

9 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Obviously unreal hands, but there is zero doubt that puck moved backwards. 

This is spirit vs. letter though. That was clearly a natural hockey play that kept general forward momentum. I was thinking when it was happening live that they better not overturn it. It was a hockey play, not some nonsense move that exploited the fact he was by himself on the ice. 

12 hours ago, Daniel said:

I think Ryan's been on the block for years.  He's getting paid for one decent year as a Duck.  Karlson will cost us dearly. but, maybe paying the other Carlson over the summer might be an option.

29 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

I think Ryan's been on the block for years.  He's getting paid for one decent year as a Duck.  Karlson will cost us dearly. but, maybe paying the other Carlson over the summer might be an option.

Ryan had four solid years with the Ducks, where he scored 31+ each season, and averaged 34.7 G per 82 GP.  But he just hasn't been able to be as productive with Ottawa, and now his contract is beyond prohibitive. 

I do think Shero is going to wind up with Carlson or Karlsson...just a hunch...I can't see him not making a serious run at one of them.  Not sure which one though...if I were to put percentages to it, I'd say there's a 70% chance they get Carlson over Karlsson.  Just seems like Carlson will be a lot less costly from an asset standpoint (possibly only money if they just sign him, though as one would expect, they'll have to overpay), and the fact that the Devils might be able to get him without giving up anyone on the roster makes him appealing.  I just don't know how crazy the price gets for Karlsson, if the Sens decide to trade him this season...I don't see Shero going overboard to try to being him in via trade, and I'm glad that he won't.   

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

It is ok cuz the "king" hit this landmark last night! :lol:

Wow...I don't remember anyone making a big deal of Marty's 20000th save.  Why was that?  Oh yeah...because he actually won CUPS! 

10 hours ago, landofvanilla said:

Rangers reckoning will come... they've played 20 home games and before tonight, just 10 away games. 

I've gone into detail about their extremely favorable schedule a few times...but to sum up, come 12/29, things even out harshly.  After they play their next 6 games, they will have played 24 games at home, and just 13 on the road.  So from 12/29 on, they will play just 17 home games out of their remaining 45.  The stretch from 1/20 - 3/10 is especially tough:  16 out of 23 games will be played on the road.   

If they go on a rampage over these next 6, then you can say they did OK considering how home-heavy their schedule was...but I don't think 16-12-3 is all that impressive for them at this point, even though they did recover from a rotten start.  And Lundqvist has already played in 26 games (on pace for 69), which was obviously not the Rangers' plan going into this season...but the both the Rangers' and Pavelec's slow starts necessitated that.  Pavelec has had two strong games in a row, but he's still highly suspect. 

Basically, the Rangers are in a little trouble here, even if their respectable record doesn't reflect that yet.