2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Almost more entertaining that they came back and still lost. Fvck them. 

Remember the Devils Rags game where that happened? The Devils had the sense to score 30 seconds after they tied it because that makes it more memorable and painful for them.

• Like 1

Remember the Devils Rags game where that happened? The Devils had the sense to score 30 seconds after they tied it because that makes it more memorable and painful for them.

I remember that game. I think Clemmensen was in net. Was it during the season where Marty got hurt (08-09)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's still early in his NHL career, but gotta love the fact that Jimmy Vesey has been damned near invisible offensively for the Rangers since getting off to a good start with them last season.  He put up 6 goals and 3 assists in his first 10 NHL games, and 10 goals and 7 assists through 29 GP (still quite solid for a rookie).  In the 66 games since (regular season and playoffs combined), he's scored 7 goals and added 8 assists...and is a -15 to boot.  Hope to see a lot more of that from him, heh heh. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It's still early in his NHL career, but gotta love the fact that Jimmy Vesey has been damned near invisible offensively for the Rangers since getting off to a good start with the Rangers last season.  He put up 6 goals and 3 assists in his first 10 NHL games, and 10 goals and 7 assists through 29 GP (still quite solid for a rookie).  In the 66 games since (regular season and playoffs combined), he's scored 7 goals and added 8 assists...and is a -15 to boot.  Hope to see a lot more of that from him, heh heh. 

He was actually featured on the "spittin' chicklets" podcast over the summer and... I mean, I don't obviously know the guy but he sounded like an absolute dummy.  And he sounded discouraged about how he played last year.

So.. needless to say I enjoyed the podcast.

Colorado all over Boston. You gotta like where the B's are going with their young blueline, but their window with this generation is closing quickly. No real depth, Tuuka isn't performing. Maybe we'll see a full rebuild up there. It's been good to have a competitive team up there so long. 

Anyone else have Center Ice issues?

On Optimum, (north Jersey), they blacked out the Canes/Jackets game, both feeds. They also didn't black out both the rangers and Blues feeds on the CI channels. Looks like the rest of the lineup was ok.

Everyone go watch Nashville's second goal tonight so we can all laugh together about how fvcking terrible Brian Elliot is. It's actually ridiculous how terrible Flyers goaltending has been for multiple generations. Some of it's been bad luck, but what do you expect when you hand the stating job to Elliot? I find it so hard to believe he outplayed Neuvirth during the preseason. 

Good crowd in Vegas. I liked their white jerseys on the ice, not their home ones. They should've just gone gold, white, and black like their Vegas Strong logo. It looks really nice. 

• Like 1

Also, Alex Debrincat scored his first career goal tonight, happy for him. As memorable as the last WJC was for the US, that 2016 squad was SO stacked and a lot of fun to watch, still can't believe they couldn't get passed Russia. Way more heart and soul on last year's team, though. Love seeing the guys who played on the WJC teams to come up, and there are plenty right now.  Clayton Keller, Charlie Mcavoy, Sonny Milano, Debrincat all breaking in right now, not to mention the guys that came in last year from the 2016 team and made immediate impacts at the NHL level.

Patrick scores his first NHL in the Flyer loss.  Crazy game...Flyers trail 3-0, then take a 5-3 lead, then lose 6-5 (on two goals scored at the end of the third period). 

As far as the Vegas thread go, I like 'em.  I like that they used gold more as an accent...pops nicely. 

43 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Patrick scores his first NHL in the Flyer loss.  Crazy game...Flyers trail 3-0, then take a 5-3 lead, then lose 6-5 (on two goals scored at the end of the third period). 

As far as the Vegas thread go, I like 'em.  I like that they used gold more as an accent...pops nicely. 

The way the Flyers lost had to be demoralizing. That’s also the first time I heard of a coach being unsuccessful with the offside challenge which gave the Preds another PP

9 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

Everyone go watch Nashville's second goal tonight so we can all laugh together about how fvcking terrible Brian Elliot is. It's actually ridiculous how terrible Flyers goaltending has been for multiple generations. Some of it's been bad luck, but what do you expect when you hand the stating job to Elliot? I find it so hard to believe he outplayed Neuvirth during the preseason. 

Good crowd in Vegas. I liked their white jerseys on the ice, not their home ones. They should've just gone gold, white, and black like their Vegas Strong logo. It looks really nice. 

Goaltending is just curse for the Flyers.  There's no other way to explain it.  Their best goalie since 2000 has to have been Brian Boucher, correct?

1 hour ago, Bonginator11 said:

The way the Flyers lost had to be demoralizing. That’s also the first time I heard of a coach being unsuccessful with the offside challenge which gave the Preds another PP

I know it happened to the Rangers in that crazy game against Toronto last week as well. Hakstol was a moron for using it last night though, it was the most obvious onside call I've seen on a challenge and it came with a minute left when they were already shorthanded and handed the Preds a 5-on-3. I'd be livid if I was a Flyers fan, Hakstol cost them a point last night.

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Goaltending is just curse for the Flyers.  There's no other way to explain it.  Their best goalie since 2000 has to have been Brian Boucher, correct?

I'd say Bobrovsky... they got him for nothing (undrafted) & he was playing well for them... and then they signed Bryz and shuttled him. Can you imagine if they hadn't?