GDT: Colorado @ Devils 2:00 PM-Opening Day at the Rock

MadDog2020

19 hours ago, jagknife said:

Gotta agree, the jersey looks terrible on the fans. On the players, once the game got going, didn't really notice anymore. But I wont be buying one of them

Yeah, with pads and equipment and as part of a full uniform, they're not too bad (though I'll never love them).  On fans, they just look off, and, yep, pajama-like (and I suspected that they would). 

Saw some fans at the game with Hischier jerseys on the old template (and some other newcomers, like Johansson, on the old design as well).  Interesting in that I'm not only one who's planning on getting a new player or two (Hischier for sure) on the old look. 

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, with pads and equipment and as part of a full uniform, they're not too bad (though I'll never love them).  On fans, they just look off, and, yep, pajama-like (and I suspected that they would). 

Saw some fans at the game with Hischier jerseys on the old template (and some other newcomers, like Johansson, on the old design as well).  Interesting in that I'm not only one who's planning on getting a new player or two (Hischier for sure) on the old look. 

Being that the Reeboks, even the Canadian-made 2.0's, are dirt cheap now helps a lot as well.

Edited by DevsMan84

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Being that the Reeboks, even the Canadian-made 2.0's, are dirt cheap now helps a lot as well.

Fair point, I'm sure for some fans on tight budgets, these could very well be the first "authentic jerseys" they've ever been able to afford.

I think this is awesome - I'm proud my team is taking the initiative to support Girls'/Womens' Hockey: 

USA: Newark NJ   Trying hockey on NHL ice during the World Girls’ Ice Hockey Weekend? The New Jersey Devils made it possible! Following Saturday’s home opener against the Colorado Avalanche 60 girls from little girls to 14-year-olds hit the ice but they were even involved before. Each of the ten clubs was represented by one player who participated in the NJ Devils Locker Room High Five Tunnel welcoming the players onto the ice and 200 complimentary tickets for the game were made ready for them and their families.

During the first intermission a World Girls’ Ice Hockey Weekend promo game happened on the ice and the Devils announced their partnership with the Metropolitan Riveters – the first partnership between an NHL franchise and an NWHL team. 

After the game the girls got gift bags and former Devils player and ’95 Stanley Cup champion Bruce Driver, who works as a girls’ hockey coach, and Riveters captain Ashley Johnston welcomed the participants for the clinic on the main ice led by USA Hockey Female ADM Manager Emily West and the entire Riveters team. 

“We were blown away. It was a first-class experience and we are so thankful for setting this event up to celebrate and promote girls’ hockey,” said Kevin Fox, Sr. Manager for Grassroots & Amateur Hockey Operations at the Devils. 

For him and his crew the World Girls’ Ice Hockey Weekend is always one of the favourite grassroots events of the year and growing youth hockey, especially girls’ hockey, is a priority for the New Jersey Devils organization, which is also shown in the new partnership with the NWHL’s Metropolitan Riveters. The team that started as New York Riveters in 2015 has meantime moved from Brooklyn to the Prudential Center and was renamed to Metropolitan Riveters. 

“Just watching these young girls interact with the Metropolitan Riveters during the game, after the game & on the ice was amazing. The hockey community is so unique. It’s by far one of the most impactful events we’ll do all year and we’re always happy to support the WGIHW however we can here in New Jersey. We look forward to being a leader in growing girls hockey in our area.”

http://www.iihf.com/iihf-home/sport/women/world-girls-hockey-day/2017/

• Like 1