Jump to content

Only 6 years between posts lol


Recommended Posts

I have not posted here in years, sort of lost interest in the late Lou years while frustrated with the development of the franchise and just didn't put in the effort. Was in Chicago last December and caught the Devils up there, saw some talent I liked and watched a couple of games when I got home. Have to say, although the returns are way too early, I really like the direction the team is headed and like the tempo the team is playing and I see good things on the horizon for this team. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reunion partyyyyy. i would cry if DIG ever came back.  I would also cry if SatansDevils ever came back; but for a completely different reason.

Front runner

I guess the 'SC' in your handle stands for Scoring Chances Nah, welcome back, would be good to see some more prodigal offspring return with how exciting the team is now.  It's been a bad stretch

Posted Images

To me, having a team that’s fun to watch is very important for a team with a small fan base. Hopefully the team can keep winning but having an exciting on ice product might be enough to keep the seats full even if they are just a bubble team. Usually Devils fans only show up when we’re winning.

And welcome back.

Edited by Jerzey
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SC Devs Fan said:

I have not posted here in years, sort of lost interest in the late Lou years while frustrated with the development of the franchise and just didn't put in the effort. Was in Chicago last December and caught the Devils up there, saw some talent I liked and watched a couple of games when I got home. Have to say, although the returns are way too early, I really like the direction the team is headed and like the tempo the team is playing and I see good things on the horizon for this team. 

Front runner ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jerzey said:

To me, having a team that’s fun to watch is very important for a team with a small fan base. Hopefully the team can keep winning but having an exciting on ice product might be enough to keep the seats full even if they are just a bubble team. Usually Devils fans only show up when we’re winning.

And welcome back.

Yeah, you can win ugly and lose pretty and get away with either, but when you're losing ugly seemingly most games, that's when a team becomes an impossible sell.  Last year's team was acid on the eyeballs at times.  I know I already started a Ray Shero appreciation thread, but I'm still amazed at how quickly he changed this team's style of play and identity.  Just one look at that roster he inherited just over two years ago...

26 minutes ago, SC Devs Fan said:

I have not posted here in years, sort of lost interest in the late Lou years while frustrated with the development of the franchise and just didn't put in the effort. Was in Chicago last December and caught the Devils up there, saw some talent I liked and watched a couple of games when I got home. Have to say, although the returns are way too early, I really like the direction the team is headed and like the tempo the team is playing and I see good things on the horizon for this team. 

Oh sure, NOW you come back.  It's all good...welcome back. 

I still watched, but I readily admit, I didn't truly WATCH...I'd flip around the channels a little, mess around on the computer with the game on in the background, etc.  Now I'm GLUED from start to finish.  It had been so long since I felt that way about the Devils, I had actually forgotten what that felt like.   

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SC Devs Fan said:

I have not posted here in years, sort of lost interest in the late Lou years while frustrated with the development of the franchise and just didn't put in the effort. Was in Chicago last December and caught the Devils up there, saw some talent I liked and watched a couple of games when I got home. Have to say, although the returns are way too early, I really like the direction the team is headed and like the tempo the team is playing and I see good things on the horizon for this team. 

Doc?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I still watched, but I readily admit, I didn't truly WATCH...I'd flip around the channels a little, mess around on the computer with the game on in the background, etc.  Now I'm GLUED from start to finish.  It had been so long since I felt that way about the Devils, I had actually forgotten what that felt like.   

That's where I was at last year too. I'd try to watch and wind up spending more time finding other things to do. This year it's gotten to be more like it used to be, getting more excited and intensely interested as the game goes along.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok if you insist sundstum. . .

But in reality, I havent been around not due to the Devils slipping in recent years, more due to family and life changes. . .

But it is good to see a young energetic team that if only for the first 3 games is fun / exciting to watch. . .

Hopefully we just continue to see growth and development. . .

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SC Devs Fan said:

To be fair, I was a fan since day 1. Yes, day 1. No one can question my ability to watch a horrid team lol. It's on my resume as a Nationals and Buccaneers fan. 

Nationals.

Buccaneers.

Devils?

 

Doesn't add up...

Edited by mikepeluso8
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, CMONPETEYD said:

Maybe I should start posting here again....

 

First I need a new Screen Name... how does that happen again?

CMONJOHNNYH seems to be available

 

10 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

wheres is DanoIsGod?

Oh man I miss DIG's contributions to the board.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

Reunion partyyyyy.

i would cry if DIG ever came back. 

I would also cry if SatansDevils ever came back; but for a completely different reason.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure DiG would get the red carpet treatment if he ever came back...great guy and I was lucky to meet him in person. 

I've PMed with DM84 about this but I'm wondering if that "other" SD (SterioDesign) might come back...he could actually go into full-on gloat mode if he wanted to.  He was singing Shero's praises for a while before the Devils hired him, and many of us said something along the lines of "Yeah but he had (2) #1 and (2) #2 overall picks to work with, kinda makes his job that much easier".  Once the Devils brought Shero here, I told SD that Shero could very well write his legacy HERE, despite having success with Pittsburgh, as he was really starting with very little when he was hired.  Obviously the Devils haven't won anything yet, and I won't go into details about what Shero's done as I already did that in the appreciation thread, but even if it often seemed like Sterio was just looking over at a greener pasture and saying "See, he's better!", the guy he backed is doing a fine job so far. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CMONPETEYD said:

Maybe I should start posting here again....

 

First I need a new Screen Name... how does that happen again?

message a mod, I changed mine at some point a while back. To the original poster, the more the merrier lets keep winning!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:17 AM, Triumph said:

I guess the 'SC' in your handle stands for Scoring Chances

Nah, welcome back, would be good to see some more prodigal offspring return with how exciting the team is now.  It's been a bad stretch here.

Lurker, Zamode, Eliassportsbureau, Mrsheeps...............all gone to pasture

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.