Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SC Devs Fan

Only 6 years between posts lol

Recommended Posts

I use the tapatalk app for general browsing but the mobile browser for posting.


App seems quicker to bounce around.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't really know which thread to post this in, but seeing as how this thread has a 'memory lane' theme to it, I figured this one was as good as any:




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Didn't really know which thread to post this in, but seeing as how this thread has a 'memory lane' theme to it, I figured this one was as good as any

 

I don't remember this ESPN promo, but it's very funny. ESPN did a lot of funny promos back then.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread feels like being in a coma and somehow being able to attend your highschool reunion party as some kind of... coma ghost. 

Yeah, that was weird. 

Edited by HappyBrawler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-10-13 at 8:24 PM, Devil Dan 56 said:

Sterio and I had our differences (plenty of them) but this team is being put together exactly how he wanted it. I hope he's enjoying it wherever he is.

As a matter of fact it's been quite enjoyable haha

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2017 at 8:22 PM, HappyBrawler said:

This thread feels like being in a coma and somehow being able to attend your highschool reunion party as some kind of... coma ghost. 

Yeah, that was weird. 

u wot m8?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

As a matter of fact it's been quite enjoyable haha

Haha good to know!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

In case Pepperkorn is lurking, Scotty believes in this years team! :evil: He's just agreed to return to the NHL Network. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/scott-stevens-impressed-by-devils-success/c-293740582

I think last night's win bought them a little more currency in certain circles.  As has been detailed, they've beaten their share of the better teams. 

For some reason, there's always a contingent of fans who have to make a big deal out of every loss (especially ones to "bad" teams) and treat every game as though it's a winnable entity, but the fact is that at this point in the season, there's just ONE team with less regulation losses:  Tampa Bay, with 6.  Three teams (including the Devils) have 7 each.  Every other team in the NHL has more regulation losses than the Devils. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

For some reason, there's always a contingent of fans who have to make a big deal out of every loss (especially ones to "bad" teams) and treat every game as though it's a winnable entity, but the fact is that at this point in the season, there's just ONE team with less regulation losses:  Tampa Bay, with 6.  Three teams (including the Devils) have 7 each.  Every other team in the NHL has more regulation losses than the Devils. 

That's a stat that I like hearing. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

heh heh. I am lurking.    not too much though. Nothing to say.  Just listening I guess.  It’s all pretty much been said 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2017 at 7:59 PM, MadDog2020 said:

Didn't really know which thread to post this in, but seeing as how this thread has a 'memory lane' theme to it, I figured this one was as good as any:

 

 


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

fvck Bon Jovi. Typical 80's jersey trash who wants to be a Benny so bad.  They all pull for the Rangers anyway, and i know this is over a decade old but I've never seen it, so fvck ESPN for trying to make their hockey programming appeal to us n the least relatable way possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

fvck Bon Jovi. Typical 80's jersey trash who wants to be a Benny so bad.  They all pull for the Rangers anyway, and i know this is over a decade old but I've never seen it, so fvck ESPN for trying to make their hockey programming appeal to us n the least relatable way possible. 

One thing that sucks about being from NJ (besides the very obvious, like high property taxes, high insurance, traffic, etc) are outsiders automatically assuming that I'm both a Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen fan because of where I'm born and raised...the same kind that ask "What exit?" and think they're hilarious by asking.

Bon Jovi sucks...never liked his cliché-driven "hard rock (insult to true hard rock)" crap, never will, never did a thing for me.  My mother is a big Bruce Springsteen fan and I grew up with his music blaring in my house (was my mom's Saturday ritual...she'd do some housecleaning and have Bruce going in the background), so I'm very familiar with much of his earlier work...I don't dislike him nearly as much as Bon Jovi, but his stuff never did all that much for me either.  But I've gotten my share of "How can you not like them...you're from New Jersey!"...even from fellow Jersey folk, on rare occasions.

That's part of the reason I think so many (including me) hated it when we got that awful Bon Jovi song forced on us, to replace R&R Part 2.  Like I said, some corporate dipsh!t(s) basically assumed that, well Bon Jovi is from NJ, so all these homogenous NJ sheep will just love this...aren't WE smart!  The first three words of your post say it all:  fvck Bon Jovi, heh heh.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One thing that sucks about being from NJ (besides the very obvious, like high property taxes, high insurance, traffic, etc) are outsiders automatically assuming that I'm both a Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen fan because of where I'm born and raised...the same kind that ask "What exit?" and think they're hilarious by asking.

Bon Jovi sucks...never liked his cliché-driven "hard rock (insult to true hard rock)" crap, never will, never did a thing for me.  My mother is a big Bruce Springsteen fan and I grew up with his music blaring in my house (was my mom's Saturday ritual...she'd do some housecleaning and have Bruce going in the background), so I'm very familiar with much of his earlier work...I don't dislike him nearly as much as Bon Jovi, but his stuff never did all that much for me either.  But I've gotten my share of "How can you not like them...you're from New Jersey!"...even from fellow Jersey folk, on rare occasions.

That's part of the reason I think so many (including me) hated it when we got that awful Bon Jovi song forced on us, to replace R&R Part 2.  Like I said, some corporate dipsh!t(s) basically assumed that, well Bon Jovi is from NJ, so all these homogenous NJ sheep will just love this...aren't WE smart!  The first three words of your post say it all:  fvck Bon Jovi, heh heh.   

If they're gonna play something from NJ they should play some Bigwig. That'd be badass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One thing that sucks about being from NJ (besides the very obvious, like high property taxes, high insurance, traffic, etc) are outsiders automatically assuming that I'm both a Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen fan because of where I'm born and raised...the same kind that ask "What exit?" and think they're hilarious by asking.

Bon Jovi sucks...never liked his cliché-driven "hard rock (insult to true hard rock)" crap, never will, never did a thing for me.  My mother is a big Bruce Springsteen fan and I grew up with his music blaring in my house (was my mom's Saturday ritual...she'd do some housecleaning and have Bruce going in the background), so I'm very familiar with much of his earlier work...I don't dislike him nearly as much as Bon Jovi, but his stuff never did all that much for me either.  But I've gotten my share of "How can you not like them...you're from New Jersey!"...even from fellow Jersey folk, on rare occasions.

That's part of the reason I think so many (including me) hated it when we got that awful Bon Jovi song forced on us, to replace R&R Part 2.  Like I said, some corporate dipsh!t(s) basically assumed that, well Bon Jovi is from NJ, so all these homogenous NJ sheep will just love this...aren't WE smart!  The first three words of your post say it all:  fvck Bon Jovi, heh heh.   

When I was in college I got a lot of that "what exit do you live near?" from other fellow New Jerseyans.  When I told them none as the nearest exit for either the Turnpike or the GSP was a solid 15-20 miles from me they look at me like I had three heads.  They immediately assumed I lived in the boonies and I would tell them that I didn't know living in the town right next to Bridgewater was country living.  Ah the memories.

I don't care for either Bon Jovi or Bruce.  Neither really did it for me.  I like Bruce more than Bon Jovi, but I never go out of my way to listen to their songs.  I cannot stand "Wanted Dead or Alive" and think it is one of the most overplayed pieces of drivel ever recorded.  I also don't care for Gaslight Anthem and most bands from NJ.  The only NJ band I really like are the Four Seasons (and this was way before the musical and movie came out) and I can tolerate the Smithereens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also does anyone remember when the NHL got Southside Johnny for the 2014 Stadium Series?  God that was another example of some suit thinking he was clever in getting an "NJ guy" who has the same sound as Springsteen but for a fraction of the cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also hate Bon Jovi. But I love Bruce Springsteen more than I love most of my family. And I love my family.

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Also does anyone remember when the NHL got Southside Johnny for the 2014 Stadium Series?  God that was another example of some suit thinking he was clever in getting an "NJ guy" who has the same sound as Springsteen but for a fraction of the cost.

The 2014 Stadium Series game didn't happen... It was cancelled, remember? Elias scored a few goals early and then the game was called on a count of snow. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Also does anyone remember when the NHL got Southside Johnny for the 2014 Stadium Series?  God that was another example of some suit thinking he was clever in getting an "NJ guy" who has the same sound as Springsteen but for a fraction of the cost.

Couldn't name a single song off their catalog and I wouldn't recognize anything they've done by sound.  One of those bands that's just kind of been around forever (and that many have heard of) but I don't know a single person who's really into them.  Apparently they've had 100 members or so come and go through the years.

I may not be into Bon Jovi or Springsteen, but millions are, and I would definitely put both bands in the "Love it or hate it" category, especially Springsteen.  I've never met a casual Springsteen fan...the ones that I know are like MITB...they are 100% all-in, and going to one of his shows is almost like a religious experience...the guy could add date after date after date in NJ (he often does), and keep selling out.  Not many artists can boast that.

Bon Jovi isn't quite as polarizing as Springsteen can be, but I do find that those who hate his music (like me) really really can't stand it, and those who love his stuff can't get enough.  But you definitely have more "yeah, I guess he's OK" casual listeners among his fanbase that Bruce does. 

Back when I used to go out and hit bars that had good cover bands (90s-to-mid-00s), I used to cringe whenever the band would break out "Livin' On a Prayer"...my friends used to laugh and say "Damn you look miserable right now."  It wasn't a look.  I was. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One thing that sucks about being from NJ (besides the very obvious, like high property taxes, high insurance, traffic, etc) are outsiders automatically assuming that I'm both a Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen fan because of where I'm born and raised...the same kind that ask "What exit?" and think they're hilarious by asking.

Bon Jovi sucks...never liked his cliché-driven "hard rock (insult to true hard rock)" crap, never will, never did a thing for me.  My mother is a big Bruce Springsteen fan and I grew up with his music blaring in my house (was my mom's Saturday ritual...she'd do some housecleaning and have Bruce going in the background), so I'm very familiar with much of his earlier work...I don't dislike him nearly as much as Bon Jovi, but his stuff never did all that much for me either.  But I've gotten my share of "How can you not like them...you're from New Jersey!"...even from fellow Jersey folk, on rare occasions.

That's part of the reason I think so many (including me) hated it when we got that awful Bon Jovi song forced on us, to replace R&R Part 2.  Like I said, some corporate dipsh!t(s) basically assumed that, well Bon Jovi is from NJ, so all these homogenous NJ sheep will just love this...aren't WE smart!  The first three words of your post say it all:  fvck Bon Jovi, heh heh.   

Bon Jovi are what they are, it's a concert that your wife makes you go to that you can sort of have a good time at because you know the songs. 

As far as Bruce goes, I think "my mother is a big Bruce Springsteen fan" is a common sentiment; mine was too. I don't know anyone my age or younger that would say they are a Bruce Springsteen fan. Also, he sings like he is trying really hard to push out a log.

Actually, Bruce and Bon Jovi may have that trait in common. Must be a New Jersey thing!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Bon Jovi are what they are, it's a concert that your wife makes you go to that you can sort of have a good time at because you know the songs. 

As far as Bruce goes, I think "my mother is a big Bruce Springsteen fan" is a common sentiment; mine was too. I don't know anyone my age or younger that would say they are a Bruce Springsteen fan. Also, he sings like he is trying really hard to push out a log.

Actually, Bruce and Bon Jovi may have that trait in common. Must be a New Jersey thing!

Man that is so true of both artists...lmao.

Someone who works for me told me a pretty cool story...said he went to some casual party down in South Jersey, and some guy who was running a little late had called the host and asked if he could bring his friend Bruce along.  The host said sure, no prob, the more the merrier.  Well, he was THAT Bruce, and he showed up just wearing shorts and a t-shirt and brought a case of beer with him...my employee said that most at the party got kind of quiet and star-struck at first, and Bruce apparently told everyone that it's cool, he's just here to hang and have a good time just like everyone else...and from that point on, he was very cool and personable and completely unpretentious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Man that is so true of both artists...lmao.

Someone who works for me told me a pretty cool story...said he went to some casual party down in South Jersey, and some guy who was running a little late had called the host and asked if he could bring his friend Bruce along.  The host said sure, no prob, the more the merrier.  Well, he was THAT Bruce, and he showed up just wearing shorts and a t-shirt and brought a case of beer with him...my employee said that most at the party got kind of quiet and star-struck at first, and Bruce apparently told everyone that it's cool, he's just here to hang and have a good time just like everyone else...and from that point on, he was very cool and personable and completely unpretentious. 

He just randomly shows up to bars around Asbury and will just play a whole set.  Imagine sitting at the bar eating your burger and Bruce walks in like "yeah I'm just gonna play now"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Pepperkorn said:

heh heh. I am lurking.    not too much though. Nothing to say.  Just listening I guess.  It’s all pretty much been said 

Well thanks for popping back in! :D I always enjoyed what you had to say & miss seeing you around... 

And there's always more to say so if you feel like stopping by more often, please do so! :koolaid:

ETA: I didn't actually have a username when you posted - I just read for ages for the same reason - nothing to add really. 

Edited by LittleBallofHate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

He just randomly shows up to bars around Asbury and will just play a whole set.  Imagine sitting at the bar eating your burger and Bruce walks in like "yeah I'm just gonna play now"

Yeah, fan or not, it's pretty cool that he'll just do that. 

Not sure if you're familiar with his catalog...for the album Nebraska (the track "Atlantic City" is on it), Bruce first recorded and wrote the songs himself, with minimal instrumentation, mostly to be used as demos for the E-Street Band...the E-Street band then came into the studio and recorded their tracks for all of the songs off that album, but then Bruce and his producers and engineers decided that the raw demo better captured the spirit of the album, so with some tweaking, the demos were instead released.  Fans apparently have been hoping for an "Electric Nebraska" for years and really want to see the full E-Street versions made available (Max Weinberg said the tracks were "Killing", in a good way), but apparently Bruce & Co feel that the right version of Nebraska was already out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, fan or not, it's pretty cool that he'll just do that. 

Not sure if you're familiar with his catalog...for the album Nebraska (the track "Atlantic City" is on it), Bruce first recorded and wrote the songs himself, with minimal instrumentation, mostly to be used as demos for the E-Street Band...the E-Street band then came into the studio and recorded their tracks for all of the songs off that album, but then Bruce and his producers and engineers decided that the raw demo better captured the spirit of the album, so with some tweaking, the demos were instead released.  Fans apparently have been hoping for an "Electric Nebraska" for years and really want to see the full E-Street versions made available (Max Weinberg said the tracks were "Killing", in a good way), but apparently Bruce & Co feel that the right version of Nebraska was already out there. 

It's like the reverse of what happened on the Let It Be album with the Beatles, but with them both versions were eventually released (albeit decades apart).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Also does anyone remember when the NHL got Southside Johnny for the 2014 Stadium Series?  God that was another example of some suit thinking he was clever in getting an "NJ guy" who has the same sound as Springsteen but for a fraction of the cost.

I think I'm still defrosting from that game.  The coldest I've ever been at a sporting event. 

IIRC ... didn't those terrible excuses for musicians come on the stage wearing Rangers jerseys too?  I pretty sure they did because I remember a bunch of the Devils fans sitting in our section were booing them the whole time.  However, I was drinking heavily to "warm up," so I could have been mistaken as to why they were booing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.