Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SC Devs Fan

Only 6 years between posts lol

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, sundstrom said:

Let's have this thread bring back all the old timers.

 

Where's dr33 and HOI? Wouldn't mind having those regulars back in the fold.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a really good poster with the screen name 'Don' here back in the day too... He hasn't posted in years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

There was a really good poster with the screen name 'Don' here back in the day too... He hasn't posted in years.

He was a bit smug at times from what I remember, but yeah, was a good one. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK since we're dragging up "oldies but goodies", I miss Daneyko Is God (DIG) - he was really funny. 

I remember him posting about getting married and such before he "disappeared" so I'm sure there's other priorities than making me laugh but please come back :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember Quinn01 (or something like that) being pretty active here from about 09-12.  There were also a few others as well such as Sterio.

Anyone remember Ohmslaw guy? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LittleBallofHate said:

OK since we're dragging up "oldies but goodies", I miss Daneyko Is God (DIG) - he was really funny. 

I remember him posting about getting married and such before he "disappeared" so I'm sure there's other priorities than making me laugh but please come back :lol:

Think he moved to Maryland after he got married, which kind of hurt his accessibility to the Devils.  I think he went to his fair share of games...had a beer with him multiple times.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I remember Quinn01 (or something like that) being pretty active here from about 09-12.  There were also a few others as well such as Sterio.

Anyone remember Ohmslaw guy? lol

Sterio and I had our differences (plenty of them) but this team is being put together exactly how he wanted it. I hope he's enjoying it wherever he is.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

 

I would also cry if SatansDevils ever came back; but for a completely different reason.

SatansDevils and his "sources" during the Summer of Kovy thread will be forever etched in my mind. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This team has caught my interest, too. It's been fun to watch so far. Tonight the penalties killed them but they still skated pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely miss some of the old timers. I think I can find the meet up pic we did like 15 years ago somewhere if I really looked. Wish insanity gallops was around more often. Same with mrsheeps. And Don was my man. Still keep in touch with PK on social media. God her posts were the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2017 at 5:08 AM, Weekes Head said:

Definitely miss some of the old timers. I think I can find the meet up pic we did like 15 years ago somewhere if I really looked. Wish insanity gallops was around more often. Same with mrsheeps. And Don was my man. Still keep in touch with PK on social media. God her posts were the best. 

Let's cuddle around a hot chocolate and have a good time remind all these long long evening of non-sense (and sleepless night for me)

#Chocolate

And i also miss IG (who was IG waaaaay before Instagram!), MrSheeps, Don and my beloved PK ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

The weather's been fair all of a week and these folks are already climbing out of the woodwork. 

I know this was made as a joke but I actually feel this way too, it's funny to me in this day and age when it's been easier than ever before to watch 5 mins of highlights that the teams and league provide for free of the games if you are too busy to watch. A thing they have been doing for years now so it's nothing even new. 

Most people are glued to their phones and can login and post once a week/month at the very least and all of a sudden people are coming back out of nowhere cause the team has some good games... Lol.

The bandwagon is always open though and we need all the fans we can get but it's still amusing to me.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:28 PM, MadDog2020 said:

There was a really good poster with the screen name 'Don' here back in the day too... He hasn't posted in years.

Don Whiting

Then he became Don. From Ottawa. Definitely smug

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then there was the guy who had multiple names who threatened to civilly sue me and a couple of others because he got banned from here.

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Then there was the guy who had multiple names who threatened to civilly sue me and a couple of others because he got banned from here.

lol

I've only gotten one guy banned, he was a 9/11 Truther that posted his conspiracy theories in the OT section. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is typical fan behavior though, as far as those who go into hibernation for a while when the team stinks and doesn't have young talented players to get excited about...I watch pretty much no matter what, but just engage myself less emotionally...also won't make as many trips to see my teams in person as I will when they're good. Too hard to spend money on a product that is a hard watch.  Just not fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2017 at 10:08 PM, Weekes Head said:

Definitely miss some of the old timers. I think I can find the meet up pic we did like 15 years ago somewhere if I really looked. Wish insanity gallops was around more often. Same with mrsheeps. And Don was my man. Still keep in touch with PK on social media. God her posts were the best. 

I used to think MrSheeps was MrsHeeps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Then there was the guy who had multiple names who threatened to civilly sue me and a couple of others because he got banned from here.

lol

That guy sounds fun. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like being a bandwagon fan is one thing, keeping up with a pretty miserable hockey team on a day to day basis via this forum (and the miserable arguments that emanate therefrom) is really only for die-hards and this site reflected that for the last few years.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever happened to GetReal. Didn't he start using a different name? I don't recall him being banned under the old one. But he was an nj.com/network54 holdover

There was also pepperkorn who was just pretty much an a$$hole and I don't think even really watched hockey

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, '7' said:

Whatever happened to GetReal. Didn't he start using a different name? I don't recall him being banned under the old one. But he was an nj.com/network54 holdover

There was also pepperkorn who was just pretty much an a$$hole and I don't think even really watched hockey

He became Lucifer's Dog, I believe.  Got banned last year for really getting personal with Martyisthebest.  Some people think he's Bostonala, but I have my doubts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Daniel said:

He became Lucifer's Dog, I believe.  Got banned last year for really getting personal with Martyisthebest.  Some people think he's Bostonala, but I have my doubts.

I have some doubts too, but odds are it was him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Message boards in general are just not as popular as they used to be.  Now with twitter and FB groups, it is much easier for people to join there than it is to go online and find this board.

Same thing happened with a very popular game worn jersey message board.  Was very popular up until about 3 years ago when the hobby shifted to FB and has not gone back (though full disclosure part of the reason for the exodus was that the message board started requiring membership fees that was later dropped.  However the damage was already done).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.