Sign in to follow this  
SC Devs Fan

Only 6 years between posts lol

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Bon Jovi are what they are, it's a concert that your wife makes you go to that you can sort of have a good time at because you know the songs

As far as Bruce goes, I think "my mother is a big Bruce Springsteen fan" is a common sentiment; mine was too. I don't know anyone my age or younger that would say they are a Bruce Springsteen fan. Also, he sings like he is trying really hard to push out a log.

Actually, Bruce and Bon Jovi may have that trait in common. Must be a New Jersey thing!

Pretty much this.  Not a big fan of Bon Jovi, but my wife loves him.  When the Rock opened, I got 4 tickets in the clubs to the opening night show and she had a great time with her friend while the friend's husband and I drank at the bar and walked around checking out the arena.  I will give Bon Jovi props and say he puts on a good show, but 80% of the crowd is women between 35-50 who turned back to the clock to 1985 and know every word of every song and sing it on the top of their lungs. 

I'm a Bruce fan.  He's definitely an acquired taste.  I think his songwriting is amazing, and really enjoy his music.  However, it wasn't something I got into until after I graduated from college.  I've been to a few of his concerts, and it's unreal how he has no opening act, plays for 4 hours straight, then will do it again the next night at the age of 60 something.

Full disclosure, I've seen Bon Jovi twice, I only paid for one though, the other was in Central Park and it was free. He does put on a good show and its something to do. I wouldn't miss watching a Devils game on TV to go see them, though. 

TBH, it would be cool if the Devils managed to convince Bruce make an appearance at a SCF home game the next time it happens.  He has more cache than Bon Jovi in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

TBH, it would be cool if the Devils managed to convince Bruce make an appearance at a SCF home game the next time it happens.  He has more cache than Bon Jovi in my opinion.

Yes. Though I've heard Bruce isn't a sports fan in any way and will probably charge a crazy appearance fee:P. Bon Jovi...seems very polarizing. Some people really hate the guy.

2 hours ago, '7' said:

Yes. Though I've heard Bruce isn't a sports fan in any way and will probably charge a crazy appearance fee:P. Bon Jovi...seems very polarizing. Some people really hate the guy.

I don’t need a non-Sports fan showing up just because he’s so New Jersey. I’d rather have a celebrity who is a fan. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t need a non-Sports fan showing up just because he’s so New Jersey. I’d rather have a celebrity who is a fan. 

Soooo.... Alyssa Milano

31 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Soooo.... Alyssa Milano

Well I mean, if I have to choose between Bruce and Alyssa...I am a boy of the 80s/90s, after all...

• Like 1