GDT: Lightning @ Devils, 7:30 PM

dmann422

14 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

I agree that he's capable of it, but I don't think he needs to do it to fill his role on this team. He's still the best player on this team and he easily creates more offensive than anyone on this roster, and I don't care if he pots 20 of his own and then dishes out 45 to the likes of Palmieri or Henrique (who I do see as the shooters on this team). I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a lot from your best players, but I dislike the notion of him being crucified by our fanbase for not scoring goals when he's creating offense anyways.

I think he will need to as some of these guys slow up (though it looks like a team that could be a solid goal-scoring group, especially once Hischier breaks the dam).  If the Devils lose last night's game, you would've heard a lot more complaining about him not burying at least one of his chances.  If he can put in 26+ goals AND approach 70 points, I'll take it.  I get what you're saying, as long as he gets his 70 or so who cares how his points are distributed, but I don't see him getting 50 assists (though if he does, then a hell of a lot will have gone right).    

Just now, Triumph said:

Hall had much better linemates in those seasons.  He wasn't playing with Travis Zajac or Pavel Zacha.

Be that as it may, he's still getting excellent chances that he's flat-out not finishing.  It's not hurting the Devils at the moment.  It could down the line.  But like I've said, I know he won't continue to shoot what is now under 5%.  As long as he keeps getting SOG (and he's already got 21), a surge should be coming sooner than later.      

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Be that as it may, he's still getting excellent chances that he's flat-out not finishing.  It's not hurting the Devils at the moment.  It could down the line.  But like I've said, I know he won't continue to shoot what is now under 5%.  As long as he keeps getting SOG (and he's already got 21), a surge should be coming sooner than later.      

Well, great, sounds like there's nothing to worry about then.

4 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Well, great, sounds like there's nothing to worry about then.

About continuing to shoot under 5%, no.  But I'd to see a lot better than 8% or so for the duration of the season.  Maybe that will be enough if this goals-by-committee scoring continues...I just don't think that it can.  Just like Hall won't continue to shoot 4.8%, the team won't continue to shoot 14.1%. 

Not digging the shirt.

There was a shirt by Fanatics last night that I think I will have to buy next week.  I have only seen it at the arena.  It is red with NEW JERSEY printed in the retro colors on the front with a drop-shadow effect and then the Devils retro logo on the sleeve.  I thought it looked pretty sharp.

8 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Lmfao the Tampa radio PBP guy goes from 0-60 pretty damn fast when the Bolts score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a game where Fedatenko scored in overtime and the call was just absolutely ridiculous. My friend would troll me with the replay all the time, particularly after I lost in a video game,  and it would drive me sh!t crazy. 

Edit: I can't find the video of the goal im talking about, but I had no idea Ruslan Fedotenko had a PTO with the Devils. 

Edit2: The call doesn't seem to exist anymore anywhere I could see it, but the game was January 26th, 2006 and Fedotenko's goal was the only one in the game.

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1

Wait, people are complaining about Taylor Hall?

NJ has played a lot of teams with great 1-2 punches down the middle and Nico has still looked great:

Matthews and Kadri

Eichel/O'Reilly

Stamkos/Johnson

Kuznetsov/Backstrom

Not every team has those types of duos and I really look forward to seeing Nico play lesser ones (like SJ and Ottawa).

It's very far from the best imo.  Looks horrible, not astetically pleasing, like a rip off shirt you can get from china.  

I have no frame of reference on their other shirts because I've never seen them, but as a Devils and Seinfeld fan, this one rules. I've already texted it to my mom and sister and told them it's my first Christmas idea of the year lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1