GDT: Devils @ Senators, 7:30 PM

devlman

I simply see no concrete evidence that suggests the Devils will be any worse than 81-1 by the end of the season.

LGD! First goal for Nico tonight in front of his former coach Guy Boucher!!

Lineup tonight:

Hall-Hischier-Stafford

Johansson-Henrique-Palmieri

Gibbons-Zacha-Bratt

Wood-Coleman-Noesen

Greene-Severson

Moore-Santini

Butcher-Prout

Schneider

Healthy scratches: Mueller, Lovejoy, Hayes

Would have liked to see Mueller in again tonight, because I thought last game he was better than he was in previous games. Gibbons is being rewarded by moving up to the third line so he can play on supreme enforcer Pavel Zacha's wing.

• Like 2

Mueller being scratched for the third time in four games...a bit concerning. 

10 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Devils didn't know they'd get Butcher when they traded for Mueller and he's been impossible to take out of the lineup.  When a D gets hurt things'll clear up back there.

I get that, and it's still obviously very early in the season, but at the same time Mueller was given a shot to stake a claim to a spot in the lineup (three games right out of the chute), and now it's three healthy scratches in four games.  The Devils weren't just going to completely mothball Lovejoy and Prout, I understand that too, but it doesn't seem like they're too thrilled with Mueller if he's racking up the scratches this early...though I read somewhere that he's supposed to be back in tomorrow, against his old team. 

Hoping we can keep it going tonight and get another solid W.  The win Tuesday against the Bolts was a good one, and we should be playing with quite a bit of confidence now.  Keys will be staying disciplined since we've seemed to have a little bit of a hard time with that lately, strong puck movement, and of course, Schneider continuing to play well. 

Let's Go Devils!