GDT: Devils at Vancouver, 11/1/17, 10pm (too damn late)

mfitz804

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

It resulted in Coleman crashing into Markstrom on a SH partial break but that little pass by Bratt to spring Coleman was subtly brilliant

Indeed, I'm not sure Bratt isn't the best player on the team right now. He's not making good plays for a rookie, he's making elite awareness plays.

• Like 1

There's just nothing to Zacha's game that stands out right now. He doesn't show flashes of brilliance anywhere. It's his level of play right now that is making me count our blessings that we won the draft lottery this year and all our hopes and dreams aren't riding on him anymore.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Indeed, I'm not sure Bratt isn't the best player on the team right now. He's not making good plays for a rookie, he's making elite awareness plays.

I'd say it's still Hall, but Bratt sure is making a case for himself. 

Who was the last Devils rookie that was this impressive? Parise?

5 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Uninspiring first period. Nico looks great, and Hall is just better than most hockey players out there. 

Said it earlier but I’m starting to sour on Zacha. He seemed so confident and strong with the puck in preseason; but so far I’d say he is playing like he doesn’t belong in the NHL at NHL speed. It’s hard to describe, but take Bratt for example— Bratt looks like he is always a half step ahead of the things that are happening on the ice. In the right place, making the right play, etc. Zacha looks like “oh, fvck!” When he gets the puck. 

I said that the Devils needed to really nail the Zacha pick if this slump was going to end any time soon. Now, granted, I didn’t know we’d get two players in Nico and Jesper that look like mainstays, but still — not a good look so far. At all. 

It kills me to see Provorov and Werenski tear it up already, and to know we took Zacha... it was David Conte's parting gift to the team.

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

The guy has a fvcking wicked shot if he ever can control the puck for a second to use it. He’s really, really strong in the corners and seems to know how to position his frame. I’m not giving up on the guy; I am convinced he’s a top-6 player in the future. But this start is unbelievably disappointing.

He obviously has skills that made him the 6th overall pick in the 2015 draft. But none of those skills are showing right now. It's like he's asleep.