Jump to content

GDT: Devils at Vancouver, 11/1/17, 10pm (too damn late)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife made my 6 month old a zamboni that fits over his walker.

I have a 2.5 week old, that helped keep me up for the entire game.  Usually I just DVR these late games.

The New Jersey Devils are 9-2.  THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE NINE AND TWO.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

It resulted in Coleman crashing into Markstrom on a SH partial break but that little pass by Bratt to spring Coleman was subtly brilliant

Indeed, I'm not sure Bratt isn't the best player on the team right now. He's not making good plays for a rookie, he's making elite awareness plays.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Uninspiring first period. Nico looks great, and Hall is just better than most hockey players out there. 

Said it earlier but I’m starting to sour on Zacha. He seemed so confident and strong with the puck in preseason; but so far I’d say he is playing like he doesn’t belong in the NHL at NHL speed. It’s hard to describe, but take Bratt for example— Bratt looks like he is always a half step ahead of the things that are happening on the ice. In the right place, making the right play, etc. Zacha looks like “oh, fvck!” When he gets the puck. 

I said that the Devils needed to really nail the Zacha pick if this slump was going to end any time soon. Now, granted, I didn’t know we’d get two players in Nico and Jesper that look like mainstays, but still — not a good look so far. At all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:


He's balls to the wall. Brought that sh!t right to Markstrom's doorstep with zero fvcks given. Love how he plays the game.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadDog, he growing on me brother ! Doing the grunt work, blue collar style

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There's just nothing to Zacha's game that stands out right now. He doesn't show flashes of brilliance anywhere. It's his level of play right now that is making me count our blessings that we won the draft lottery this year and all our hopes and dreams aren't riding on him anymore.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Indeed, I'm not sure Bratt isn't the best player on the team right now. He's not making good plays for a rookie, he's making elite awareness plays.

I'd say it's still Hall, but Bratt sure is making a case for himself. 

Who was the last Devils rookie that was this impressive? Parise?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

There's just nothing to Zacha's game that stands out right now. He doesn't show flashes of brilliance anywhere. It's his level of play right now that is making me count our blessings that we won the draft lottery this year and all our hopes and dreams aren't riding on him anymore.

The guy has a fvcking wicked shot if he ever can control the puck for a second to use it. He’s really, really strong in the corners and seems to know how to position his frame. I’m not giving up on the guy; I am convinced he’s a top-6 player in the future. But this start is unbelievably disappointing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Uninspiring first period. Nico looks great, and Hall is just better than most hockey players out there. 

Said it earlier but I’m starting to sour on Zacha. He seemed so confident and strong with the puck in preseason; but so far I’d say he is playing like he doesn’t belong in the NHL at NHL speed. It’s hard to describe, but take Bratt for example— Bratt looks like he is always a half step ahead of the things that are happening on the ice. In the right place, making the right play, etc. Zacha looks like “oh, fvck!” When he gets the puck. 

I said that the Devils needed to really nail the Zacha pick if this slump was going to end any time soon. Now, granted, I didn’t know we’d get two players in Nico and Jesper that look like mainstays, but still — not a good look so far. At all. 

It kills me to see Provorov and Werenski tear it up already, and to know we took Zacha... it was David Conte's parting gift to the team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

The guy has a fvcking wicked shot if he ever can control the puck for a second to use it. He’s really, really strong in the corners and seems to know how to position his frame. I’m not giving up on the guy; I am convinced he’s a top-6 player in the future. But this start is unbelievably disappointing.

He obviously has skills that made him the 6th overall pick in the 2015 draft. But none of those skills are showing right now. It's like he's asleep.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Getting really frustrated watching Zacha’s game lately. He seems so careless with the puck; making stupid decisions and seemingly low-effort plays.

Agreed. I’m really starting to wonder about him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.