GDT: Devils at Vancouver, 11/1/17, 10pm (too damn late)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife made my 6 month old a zamboni that fits over his walker.

I have a 2.5 week old, that helped keep me up for the entire game.  Usually I just DVR these late games.

The New Jersey Devils are 9-2.  THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE NINE AND TWO.

Posted Images

RECAP

• Solid effort despite getting destroyed in possession.
  • Definitely can't let that continue.
  • Schneider was a beast.
  • No one player really stood out other than Cory.
  • Boyle looked solid, and will make a great addition to this team not to mention it's simply a great story.

POSSESSION

• ES CF: 38 to 66
  • ES FF: 29 to 49
  • ES SF: 22 to 30
  • ES SCF: 19 to 37
  • ES HDCF: 3 to 13
  • All CF: 42 to 80
  • All FF: 33 to 59
  • All SF: 26 to 37
  • All SCF: 21 to 41
  • All HDCF: 5 to 14
25 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Dear anyone hating on Mueller that missed this game: 

watch the last 6 minutes of this game. He made multiple game-saving plays.

He did ok in the last six minutes but he was very poor most of the game. At least he blocked a ton of shots that were a result of his turnovers, skating and bad reads.

18 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Apparently this is our best start in franchise history. Wow. Wouldn't have bet on that.

Crazy considering how good some of those early 00's teams were. So impressed with this team right now. It's not 1 or 2 guys either, they're getting contributions from everyone. Doing it without Palmieri and Zajac too.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, devlman said:

He did ok in the last six minutes but he was very poor most of the game. At least he blocked a ton of shots that were a result of his turnovers, skating and bad reads.

He has been fine all season. What he does not do well is pass the puck forward and to clear the zone. But overall he has been much better than what people give him credit for. Severson makes way more mistakes than Mueller and yet people are on Mueller's back all the time. Leave him alone and watch him develop into a really good defenseman.  

Re Zacha,  I saw times when he was competing hard, just nothing worked out for him. 

Nico, doesn't seem as confident entering the zone as earlier in the season.

There felt like there was no sustained zone pressure at all this game.  The win is nice but I haven't been that impressed with our game the past couple games.  The 'fast' and 'attacking' game hasn't been as strong.

• Like 1

I went into tonight hoping to catch at least the first period.  By some miracle I watched two periods before calling it a night.  Nice to see they hung on to a win and even a shutout to Cory who deserved most of the praise for it.

This was another game the Devils would have absolutely lost last year.  The Devils are slowly starting to miss Palms and with Johansson going down early it really put a strain on the Devils.  I guess this game is an example of how good teams tend to make their own luck.

Also nice to see Boyle back in the lineup.  Still not sure where he fits in long-term on the team when players start to return back from injury.

20 minutes ago, lucifer91 said:

Re Zacha,  I saw times when he was competing hard, just nothing worked out for him. 

Nico, doesn't seem as confident entering the zone as earlier in the season.

There felt like there was no sustained zone pressure at all this game.  The win is nice but I haven't been that impressed with our game the past couple games.  The 'fast' and 'attacking' game hasn't been as strong.

I noticed Zacha, getting knocked off the puck alot last nght

Was good in the Faceoff Circle though

Edited by Gunslinger27

Watched the 3rd this AM as planned.

Cory picked us up, great game from Hall, great game from Mueller. 

Any nght you get dominated in possession and still win via a shootout is a good game. This one goes into the “we stole one” category, which will be important if we are making a run at the playoffs.

Nice game boys. 

Planned on taking a nap when I got back from work yesterday to be able to stay up for the whole game, somehow ended up sleeping straight through until 1:00 am and ended up missing the whole game :doh1:

Good to see Cory play the way he did and get the shutout, he needed that game badly, even though I don't think he's been bad so far this year I definitely still think there's another gear to him, hopefully that game kicks him into it.

just watched the replay. HOW DID WE WIN THAT GAME???!!!  get the hell out of BC, fast!  hynesarella with the blocked shots, loads of puck luck and bad shooting by the cannucks

cory took away the ice, and the rest of the attempts were blocked, missed the net, or into his chest.. guys did ok with clearing the rebounds, our centers were back.. but man....

hope johansson is ok, he did the heads up hockey thing which was great 

• Like 1

I went to bed right after the EN, could barely hold out any longer. I woke up late for work and the whole deal, but totally worth it. Got a big iced coffee to push me along today.

They got outplayed at several points last night. At times it looked like VAN had a power play. The two points belong solely to Cory. The team has a lot of heart or luck or something(Schneider) to continue to make something out of nights when they should have nothing.