GDT: Devils at Vancouver, 11/1/17, 10pm (too damn late)

mfitz804

37 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

you think so??? hmm.. i thought his chin and face took the hit, not the top of his helmet.. no spine compression  any word???

I watched it a few times (and again just now), and it looks too me like his forehead took the hit, you can see it snap his head back. That definitely causes compression of the cervical spine, though top of the head could have yielded far worse results. 

So I would say his head was halfway up, halfway down...not really anything he could do, he was leaning into the guy who, as he should have, stepped out of the way to avoid being trapped against the boards. Once he moved, Johansson's momentum did the rest. 

Boy we sure have a lot of old farts here complaining about staying up for one of the few late night games we play :P

Cory was awesome, so happy to see him get a shutout. As stated already it's insane to think this is our best start ever considering some of the past teams. So awesome. 

One thing I didn't see anyone mention but why the hell did it take so long to determine the empty net goal was onside? It was pretty clear as day on the original play it was onside. There's no reason to waste several minutes on something like that, they cut to the video review booth and there didn't look like there was a single person under the age of 55 in there. Maybe that's the problem lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Boy we sure have a lot of old farts here complaining about staying up for one of the few late night games we play :P

Cory was awesome, so happy to see him get a shutout. As stated already it's insane to think this is our best start ever considering some of the past teams. So awesome. 

One thing I didn't see anyone mention but why the hell did it take so long to determine the empty net goal was onside? It was pretty clear as day on the original play it was onside. There's no reason to waste several minutes on something like that, they cut to the video review booth and there didn't look like there was a single person under the age of 55 in there. Maybe that's the problem lol

I think the question was whether Gibbons?  Right skate was off the ice or if he was dragging, his left foot was in the zone.  But i agree, looked pretty clear

5 minutes ago, Derlique said:

Thank god these next two are 9pm starts. I was running on coffee yesterday!

2 minutes ago, Derlique said:

You may have had a couple cups too many. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That is awesome.  You need to send that in to the team for any fan or team spirit events or contests that they do.  Guaranteed win.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Seriously tweet this to the team or something, they'll probably broadcast it out.

Too cool.

I just tweeted it to @NewJerseyDevils (the official one I think) but I’ve never really tweeted out anything so I don’t know if what I did was right. I only signed up to get hockey news fast. 

I wasn’t able to add text to the picture so I guess we’ll see what happens. It didn’t show up on any thread I saw but again I don’t really use twitter so I don’t know what happened.

Edit: Whoops, that wasn’t the official Devils twitter. I just posted it with text in the right place but I still don’t know where to find it. It said the tweet was posted but I have no idea where.

Edited by Jerzey