GDT - Oilers @ Devils 11/9/17

NJDfan1711

Just now, Aznjsn said:

fvcking head games with Cory. Shut out one game and then softies back to back. 

Kinkaid saturday or back to Cory? 

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I love Nico, but I wanna strangle him for that. SHOOT THE fvckING PUCK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he wanted to strangle himself for it lol. You could see him in anger on the bench, the last one on. It,s a matter of time before he scores though, lesson learned for Nico: don't be too unselfish

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Fvck Edmonton.

Congrats to Boyle. I hated him as a Ranger, if you told me I’d ever be near tears watching him score a goal, I’d not have believed you. 

Sucks they blew it he told Deb he hoped they'd make his goal count. 

14 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I'm fine with Nico passing in OT - there was not a ton to shoot at there; I think Talbot cheated for the pass and got it.  Whether Hischier passed it to the wrong spot or Hall should've slowed down/stopped, I'm not sure.

There was enough open net to hit. The kid just can't get a break and lost confidence. The entire team has hard time putting pucks in net and Cory let in a softie. I wouldn't blame Cory though. They played an awful third period. You could tell they came out to protect the lead. 

26 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Cory killed us letting in that piece of sh!t by Lucic. I could've stopped that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were sitting back in the beginning of the 3rd and that cost them. One way or another it was clear Edmonton would score.

5 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

There was enough open net to hit. The kid just can't get a break and lost confidence. The entire team has hard time putting pucks in net and Cory let in a softie. I wouldn't blame Cory though. They played an awful third period. You could tell they came out to protect the lead. 

I think they guys in the team notice he's got the touch and he's missing a lot of chances. You see Hall constantly going to him to tell him to keep it up. The goals will come

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s the main difference between Bratt and Hischier; Bratt is playing with confidence.

Bratt is a true asset and no one knew much about him. Nico is under the pressure after the draft pick and all expectations. I believe in him. He just needs time.

Just now, Devs64 said:

Bratt is a true asset and no one knew much about him. Nico is under the pressure after the draft pick and all expectations. I believe in him. He just needs time.

Exactly! he's having good looks and chances. It'll come, and I think the guys around him are reminding him that.

Like all of you guys I hate to see them lose, but who expected them to be at the top of the division after 15 games? It's amazing how fast we got used to that after several crappy hopeless years. They are slumping after a good start and it's not about how soon Travis will return but rather how the coaches address this. I don't have much confidence in Hynes. IMO he's a bad motivator. Will be happy to eat a crow.

7 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Hey hey! We're 1st in the division with 2 games in hand on the 2nd place! Not a bad start at all. Just build on this.

Let's hope Hynes can build on this. I'm not an expert but I'm surprised he benched Zacha and kept Wood who's got really nothing in his arsenal except skating at the speed of light. You don't play dumb players against talented opposition. Just saying.

39 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

I don’t not believe in Nico, just pointing out the difference in their games. Nico is playing like a very good, very young rookie. Bratt has the confidence of a more seasoned player. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t not believe in Nico, just pointing out the difference in their games. Nico is playing like a very good, very young rookie. Bratt has the confidence of a more seasoned player. 

Bratt is a year older. At that age it makes a difference. 

Anyway, I thought Nico had a strong game. 

• Like 2

-This one hurt because, OT aside, we deserved two points. We missed a ton of grade A chances. Noesen, Stafford, Nico all had the hockey gods take goals away from them.

-What a difference Palms makes.

-Starting to miss ol' Travie Z.

-Nico has to get better conditioned. Not even counting OT, the kid looks gassed after every shift.

-If we play like this Saturday we'll get the two points.