GDT : Devils @ Blackhawks - 7:00 PM - 12/11/17 (NBCSCH, MSG+, NHL.TV )

Devs3cups

Lost in all the Wood hype but seeing Nico score such a huge goal is massive... going to do wonders for his confidence. Hopefully he'll get hot during this road trip and we can finally see him score at home and give him the ovation he deserves!!

Also having Palmieri back has been so great, those moves he put on at the blue line and then around Keith that ended up getting the puck bounced over to Nico were phenomenal

Edited by Steven M.
  • Like 1

What what it be called if Taylor Hall ever got a fat(ter) lip?  An obese lip?

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Didn’t see anyone mention it last night but apparently Dano got a text from Wayne Gretzky recently where 99 talked about how much he likes Nico’s game. NHL Tonight just mentioned it as well. Can’t get much higher praise than that. 

The complete package esp hockey IQ, glad we pushed hard for him prior to Draft Day, but it was really a no brainer for Shero after finding out about even more injuries and surgeries the public wasn't aware of with Nolan Patrick ...who again is out on IR for the past 2 weeks with now a concussion.

• Like 1

Just now, Steven M. said:

Lost in all the Wood hype but seeing Nico score such a huge goal is massive... going to do wonder's for his confidence. Hopefully he'll get hot during this road trip and we can finally see him score at home and give him the ovation he deserves!!

Also having Palmieri back has been so great, those moves he put on at the blue line and then around Keith that ended up getting the puck bounced over to Nico were phenomenal

14 points in 17 GP, and it doesn't even feel like he's warmed up yet.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

This sucks. They’ve survived the absence of Zajac, Mojo, and Palms but this will hurt. Guess we’re going to see a lot of Lovejoy for a while. Ugh. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

He was in fact rubbing his collar bone. It’s going to be bad news. Expect Lovejoy. 

If he's rubbing his collar bone,  at least that's not broke/fractured, but it may be worse with an injury many players get knocked out for months, a Torn Labrum/Labral Tear. Believe me, it's very painful until the repair, then a long road of Recovery & Rehab.

20 minutes ago, HOLLYWOOD said:

If he's rubbing his collar bone,  at least that's not broke/fractured, but it may be worse with an injury many players get knocked out for months, a Torn Labrum/Labral Tear. Believe me, it's very painful until the repair, then a long road of Recovery & Rehab.

I thought it was too far up toward the neck to be the labrum. I have a labrum tear and it hurts much further out, nearly in the armpit, which makes sense because the labrum is in the shoulder joint.

https://goo.gl/images/aqSphv

And he was rubbing his collarbone with the opposite hand, not the one on the same side as the collarbone, so it could still be a fracture. 

Of course rubbing your shoulder in a certain place isn’t how they diagnose these things so I guess we’ll find out. 

Edited by mfitz804

5 hours ago, Steven M. said:

Lost in all the Wood hype but seeing Nico score such a huge goal is massive... going to do wonders for his confidence. Hopefully he'll get hot during this road trip and we can finally see him score at home and give him the ovation he deserves!!

It's crazy how it seems like he has been slowly adjusting and finding his feet yet he is second on this team on points. 

He's just quietly going about his business. I know it is very , very early days but I am so glad that we took him 1st. 

Bratt and Butcher both with points again. It is so refreshing to see fresh blood on this team, after years of patchwork veteran signings. 

I really hope Muller is not out long term. He was finding his game and starting to look like he did in pre season. 

Also got to hold my hands up and apologise to Brian Gibbons and Shero, I roundly slammed him for picking Gibbons over Blender and Quinn but he had such fantastic work ethic and knows where he needs to be. 

Finally Miles Wood is such a frustrating yet lovable player. The only thing you are certain to get with Miles on the ice is a dam good James Franco impression. 

I wouldn't want to be Shero trying to drop someone from this team when Travis returns. 

5 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

It's crazy how it seems like he has been slowly adjusting and finding his feet yet he is second on this team on points. 

He's just quietly going about his business. I know it is very , very early days but I am so glad that we took him 1st. 

Bratt and Butcher both with points again. It is so refreshing to see fresh blood on this team, after years of patchwork veteran signings. 

I really hope Muller is not out long term. He was finding his game and starting to look like he did in pre season. 

Also got to hold my hands up and apologise to Brian Gibbons and Shero, I roundly slammed him for picking Gibbons over Blender and Quinn but he had such fantastic work ethic and knows where he needs to be. 

Finally Miles Wood is such a frustrating yet lovable player. The only thing you are certain to get with Miles on the ice is a dam good James Franco impression. 

I wouldn't want to be Shero trying to drop someone from this team when Travis returns. 

It definitely hasn't been a steady rise with Nico...he's been up and down, and at times has been pushed around, which I what I expected.  But 14 points in 17 GP and some VERY nice flashes of "What could be" is most definitely good enough for me, ups and downs be damned. 

Obviously no one's declaring a winner anytime soon when it comes to Nico vs Nolan, but man, could you imagine how down this place would be if Patrick was currently out of the lineup due to injury, and Nico was off to the same start for the Flyers that he is here? 

Agree 100% about the fresh YOUNG blood that's here...sure, at times it's not pretty and the Devils sure give up a lot of good looks, but give me young talent with upside over fading "here because I need a job" vets anyday. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It definitely hasn't been a steady rise with Nico...he's been up and down, and at times has been pushed around, which I what I expected.  But 14 points in 17 GP and some VERY nice flashes of "What could be" is most definitely good enough for me, ups and downs be damned. 

Obviously no one's declaring a winner anytime soon when it comes to Nico vs Nolan, but man, could you imagine how down this place would be if Patrick was currently out of the lineup due to injury, and Nico was off to the same start for the Flyers that he is here? 

Agree 100% about the fresh YOUNG blood that's here...sure, at times it's not pretty and the Devils sure give up a lot of good looks, but give me young talent with upside over fading "here because I need a job" vets anyday. 

I would 100% rather see a group of young guys learning together and making mistakes but playing fun hockey , than a group of vets labouring through on the off chance we might scrape a playoff birth, stopping the kids coming through. 

I regularly check to see what Patrick is doing and what Flyers fans thought are on his play. Initially there seemed to be a lot of talk about him being more of a "Flyers type" player than Nico. And this feeling sort of solidified after his fight. 

But 9 games missed already won't be helping his reputation as being fragile. All the billing before was that Patrick was more of a thinker and a playmaker and Nico was a guy who would break a game open with a moment of magic but so far Nico seems to have both elements to his game, where Patrick is more as advertised. Although his no look through the legs drop pass was a thing of beauty. 

1 minute ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I would 100% rather see a group of young guys learning together and making mistakes but playing fun hockey , than a group of vets labouring through on the off chance we might scrape a playoff birth, stopping the kids coming through

I regularly check to see what Patrick is doing and what Flyers fans thought are on his play. Initially there seemed to be a lot of talk about him being more of a "Flyers type" player than Nico. And this feeling sort of solidified after his fight. 

But 9 games missed already won't be helping his reputation as being fragile. All the billing before was that Patrick was more of a thinker and a playmaker and Nico was a guy who would break a game open with a moment of magic but so far Nico seems to have both elements to his game, where Patrick is more as advertised. Although his no look through the legs drop pass was a thing of beauty. 

Even worse when the vets are being signed strictly to be trade bait down the line for draft picks, young pieces, etc...obviously when you're in certain stages of a rebuild you sign guys like that, but it just kind of sucks when you have too many "just passing through" guys on your team.  Glad we've moved past that stage.

7 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Same thoughts here.  There isn't really a way you can drop him.  Noesen, Hayes and if need be Coleman are the ones that I would drop.  Move Zacha to wing as others have mentioned.

So I had just gotten home when this game started and was finishing watching some football.  I got an alert on my phone that the Blackhawks scored 40 seconds in, and I thought "Great".  I got busy and ended up not feeling very well before the end of the night, but during the course of the game I got another alert on my phone that said Wood scored towards the end of the first.  For some reason the other alerts didn't come through, so I was thinking the game was 1-1.  When I finally put it on towards the end of the 2nd, it was 6-4, and my reaction was "What the fvck is going on?".  I was even more perplexed when I checked the boxscore and found out that Wood actually scored earlier in the 1st, but then we went down 4-1, only to come back with 5 unanswered.  So insane, but so great of this young team to battle back.

Agree with everyone that this is a huge confidence booster and a win like this really brings the guys together.  It helps build chemistry, morale, and cohesion.  We're headed in the right direction folks.  Wish we didn't have 3 days off before our next game, and then another 3 days off after that, but hopefully the guys stay hungry for wins.