NFL Week 11

Colorado Rockies 1976

A little early for this thread, but Buffalo's Tyrod Taylor has been benched. 

There's actually a chance for a good game tomorrow night...watch it not turn out that way.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Lmao, who is that?!

Ummm, from what I can tell you're an American male in your mid 40s who cannot and you can't identify the man in the MD's photo?  Seriously, it's not quite kneeling during the anthem, but you kinda went down a bit in my book.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Ummm, from what I can tell you're an American male in your mid 40s who cannot and you can't identify the man in the MD's photo?  Seriously, it's not quite kneeling during the anthem, but you kinda went down a bit in my book.

From MD's video link, yes...recognized him right away (though I never watched a ton of Seinfeld...don't know why, just didn't)...he looked different to me in that photo.  I know that he was on DWTS (my wife used to watch that) and he actually did the intro for the old Hershey Park 3D movie that used to run in Chocolate World. 

You almost hope it is a clunker so that they are not encouraged to continue this TNF disaster. Plus factor in the injuries.

The optics of these games are bad, especially now with boycotts going on anyway. They start at 8:30 and end late. They're blowouts. By the 4th Q they only do certain types of in tight crowd shots because entire sections are empty. People have to be at work in the morning

You almost hope it is a clunker so that they are not encouraged to continue this TNF disaster. Plus factor in the injuries.
The optics of these games are bad, especially now with boycotts going on anyway. They start at 8:30 and end late. They're blowouts. By the 4th Q they only do certain types of in tight crowd shots because entire sections are empty. People have to be at work in the morning

It won't matter. As long as the owners make money on these stupid Thursday games, we'll be stuck with them. Next year we'll get a full slate of Thursday night games and 27 different London games shoved down our throats, just like every other damn year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, CarterforPresident said:

Nice Papa John's,  taking back your statement.  Pick a dam side,  one you believe.  And stick to it.  Don't chanhe course cause it hurts your sales.  Hypocrite.   

fvck Papa John's and his completely mediocre unmemorable pizza.  So many mom and pop joints that make FAR better pizza.  Better ingredients my ass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

True story had a semi-related argument with one of GF's nine year old's on Tuesday......trying to figure out what they want for dinner:

"You guys want pizza?"

"OHHH, CAN WE GET DOMINO'S"

I glare with heat vision kinds of anger and go "No, Shay if I wanted to eat cardboard I'd go eat your mother's empty Mary Kay boxes" and gave no fraks about the meltdown :P

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:30 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

A little early for this thread, but Buffalo's Tyrod Taylor has been benched. 

There's actually a chance for a good game tomorrow night...watch it not turn out that way.

Well that went well for Buffalo.  Same old Bills. 

KC is doing a fine job blowing their season...they should still make the playoffs, but there's a big difference between clinching a bye week and hosting in the second round of the playoffs, and hosting a WC game, then having to go into Pittsburgh or NE. 

Suffice it to say that the AFC is more of a slopfest than ever...the last really big remaining game will be NE vs Pitt in Pittsburgh on 12/17...gotta think that game will likely decide home field throughout, though it's very easy to forget that Jacksonville owns the tiebreaker against the Steelers.   

I really don't get what the Bills have against Tyrod Taylor, this is now two different management teams that have publicly shafted him. And it's not like they put him on the bench for some #1 overall pick or even a good vet backup like Frank Reich in their glory days. They couldn't wait to get Taylor out of there at 5-4 for some green rookie who's not an NFL QB. Just mind boggling.

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I really don't get what the Bills have against Tyrod Taylor, this is now two different management teams that have publicly shafted him. And it's not like they put him on the bench for some #1 overall pick or even a good vet backup like Frank Reich in their glory days. They couldn't wait to get Taylor out of there at 5-4 for some green rookie who's not an NFL QB. Just mind boggling.

He's obviously not upper-echelon, and not necessarily a guy you would ask to get you to a SB someday, but geez, was he ever so bad for the Bills that he deserved to get benched for a guy who clearly wasn't anywhere NEAR ready to play in a NFL game, much less start one?  At least if you're going to play that card, have someone who at least gives you the slightest chance to be as good or better than the QB he's replacing.

It seems like the Bills thought "Shoot, we've lost two games in a row, what should we do?", then blindfolded themselves and threw a dart at a spinning wheel of "So what now?" scenarios.  Well, we landed on "Bench the Starting QB"...guess we should do that.

I think you can make an argument that the Bills' coaching staff could deserve to get canned off this decision alone. 

Former NFL WR Terry Glenn has passed away due to a car accident...was only 43 years old.  He was a bit of an underachiever as a player but definitely could be quite good when he was into it.  He's best known for being the first domino to fall with regards to Bill Parcells' departure from NE...basically, after Parcells' third season in NE which saw that Pats finish with a very disappointing 6-10 record, the organization overruled Parcells (who wanted to take a defensive player with his first round pick, seventh overall) and selected Glenn in the 1996 draft, as they felt that Bledsoe desperately needed a true HR-type hitter to throw to...Parcells completely botched up the receiver situation the season prior, and I think that some in the organization were starting to feel that Parcells didn't know how to get the best out of a QB like Bledsoe.   

As one could predict, Parcells then basically became miserable and mopey and made his final in NE all about him, and when once asked about Glenn's health in the preseason (I think he had an injured wrist, I forget), Parcells famously replied "She's fine."  Glenn had a solid rookie year, but was known for being both soft and a bit lazy...he cracked 1000 yards four times and had some terrific games in his 137-game career, but seemed like he could've (probably should've) been so much more. 

Yet another reminder about how you never know when your last day is...RIP Terry. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

The funny part about that is later on Glenn became a 'Parcells guy' and followed him to Dallas.

I hope this wasn't a case of being intoxicated or not wearing a seatbelt, it's usually at least one of those two things when you hear about a car accident. But either way way too soon for this guy and anyone else at that age.

20 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The funny part about that is later on Glenn became a 'Parcells guy' and followed him to Dallas.

I hope this wasn't a case of being intoxicated or not wearing a seatbelt, it's usually at least one of those two things when you hear about a car accident. But either way way too soon for this guy and anyone else at that age.

The way cars are built today -- especially if you're a guy like Glenn who could afford to buy a nice car -- it almost definitely has to involve not wearing a seatbelt. 

If I was ever taught something as a kid, it was to always wear my seatbelt, to the point that now I just feel uncomfortable when I'm not wearing one. 

19 hours ago, Daniel said:

The way cars are built today -- especially if you're a guy like Glenn who could afford to buy a nice car -- it almost definitely has to involve not wearing a seatbelt. 

If I was ever taught something as a kid, it was to always wear my seatbelt, to the point that now I just feel uncomfortable when I'm not wearing one. 

In the 70s (I was born in 1970), there was definitely more of a "optional" vibe to buckling up...it's just the way things were...it was even like that in the 80s and 90s, though less so.  Not anymore, and that's a GOOD thing.  I can't picture NOT wearing one now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

In the 70s (I was born in 1970), there was definitely more of a "optional" vibe to buckling up...it's just the way things were...it was even like that in the 80s and 90s, though less so.  Not anymore, and that's a GOOD thing.  I can't picture NOT wearing one now. 

I was in elementary school in the 80s and we probably had a police officer come in every year to give a presentation on always wearing a seatbelt.  My mother, thankfully, was a real nazi when it came to it. 

And, the news says Glenn was ejected from the car, so it's a certainty he wasn't wearing his seatbelt.