GDT - Devils vs Canucks 11/24/17

NJDfan1711

RECAP

• Great win on a great night.
  • Again, no real complaints from me tonight.
  • Ben Lovejoy is quietly having a solid season because he's actually being used properly this year.
  • Will Butcher is a beast.
  • The defensive game has been so much better.

POSSESSION

• ES CF: 37 to 40
  • ES FF: 31 to 29
  • ES SF: 23 to 19
  • ES SCF: 25 to 19
  • ES HDCF: 9 to 3
  • All CF: 43 to 48
  • All FF: 36 to 37
  • All SF: 26 to 25
  • All SCF: 31 to 25
  • All HDCF: 11 to 5
  • Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed the Hall and Nico show tonight. Both were flying the entire game. Especially Hall. And Nico made some beautiful passes. Really happy Boyle got a goal on Hockey Fights Cancer night was just awesome. Loved that Hynes gave him an A for the game too. Cory played great tonight. 

Also, fvck those officials. Can’t remember last time I was that pissed over a missed call. 

Good win.  Good 2 points.  This team can nail a mini run here if it keeps playing well and the schedule looks favorable..   I get the feeling that this Devils team isn't just a hot start team, and it's going to be in the mix for a spot.  The D and the exits seem much better and have been as this season has progressed.  The structure, maintaining pressure, holding the O zone..it's there.

20 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

RECAP

• Great win on a great night.
  • Again, no real complaints from me tonight.
  • Ben Lovejoy is quietly having a solid season because he's actually being used properly this year.
  • Will Butcher is a beast.
  • The defensive game has been so much better.

I was prepared to be giving Lovejoy abuse on a regular basis when he got back in the lineup but I have to agree about how he's played. And as for Butcher, what a move for Boyles goal. But the thing about Butcher is he reads defensive plays so well and that has really impressed me. I think we could have a really, really good player on our hands there.

• Like 2