Sign in to follow this  
NJDevs4978

NFL Week 13

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

The ultimate troll job would be for the Jets to sign Eli and leapfrog the Giants in the draft to steal the QB the Giants want.  Have Eli be the starter for 2018, and be better than the Giants in the short term and long term.  

I hate the Jets, but I would have a new found respect for them if they could pull that one off.

I would be onboard for this plan, however I think despite the Giants scurrying and losing their way seemingly they will ultimately mend fences with Eli and pull out all the stops to make sure he never ends up in green and white. The Giants wouldn't be able to live down a humiliation like that for a long time.

welp, the Chiefs are back on track thanks to the Jets.

On 12/1/2017 at 2:23 PM, SS#4-Life said:

going to take more than just a qb beez. u need defense. giants are proving that

You know what.... between 2012 & 2013, I saw Rex Ryan coach David Harris, Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Mo Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardson, Snacks Harrison, Demario Davis, LaRon Landry, Yeremiah Bell, Antonio Cromartie, Darrelle Revis, and Ed Reed. And those 2 teams went 14-16 respectfully. How much did that have to do with Mark Sanchez, Greg McElroy, Tim Tebow, Matt Simms and Geno Smith being the guys those two seasons.. versus who was playing on defense? If this league has shown you anything, it's that it is STILL a quarterback league. The Jets haven't had a legitamate one since Brett Favre ten years ago.

If this team collectively is good enough to be 5-7 currently, with a dogsh!t QB like McCown.. give me Eli Manning, and I will worry about the defense another time.

On 12/2/2017 at 1:22 PM, Daniel said:

The ultimate troll job would be for the Jets to sign Eli and leapfrog the Giants in the draft to steal the QB the Giants want. Have Eli be the starter for 2018, and be better than the Giants in the short term and long term. I hate the Jets, but I would have a new found respect for them if they could pull that one off.

I don't see them leapfrogging the Giants.. but I do see them acquiring Eli. The way the NCAA is progressing this year, the Jets could stay pat when they draft @ 12-14, and take that kid Allen. Eli would probably need a guarantee from a team that he would be "the guy" for at least the 2018 season. The Jets could offer that to him. Get Eli in here.. draft Allen.. have him sit behind Eli and learn.. and go from there.

I would be onboard for this plan, however I think despite the Giants scurrying and losing their way seemingly they will ultimately mend fences with Eli and pull out all the stops to make sure he never ends up in green and white. The Giants wouldn't be able to live down a humiliation like that for a long time.

I don't know if it's avoidable at this time bro. I don't buy the whole "waive his trade clause" bullsh!t. Eli has done too much for that organization for them to trade him. I could see them granting his release and calling it a mutual parting of the ways. Give the man enough dignity to pick his next team. -- If that happens.. I honestly can't see him wanting to leave this area

Edited by Beezer34

1 hour ago, Beezer34 said:

You know what.... between 2012 & 2013, I saw Rex Ryan coach David Harris, Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Mo Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardson, Snacks Harrison, Demario Davis, LaRon Landry, Yeremiah Bell, Antonio Cromartie, Darrelle Revis, and Ed Reed. And those 2 teams went 14-16 respectfully. How much did that have to do with Mark Sanchez, Greg McElroy, Tim Tebow, Matt Simms and Geno Smith being the guys those two seasons.. versus who was playing on defense? If this league has shown you anything, it's that it is STILL a quarterback league. The Jets haven't had a legitamate one since Brett Favre ten years ago.

If this team collectively is good enough to be 5-7 currently, with a dogsh!t QB like McCown.. give me Eli Manning, and I will worry about the defense another time.

I don't see them leapfrogging the Giants.. but I do see them acquiring Eli. The way the NCAA is progressing this year, the Jets could stay pat when they draft @ 12-14, and take that kid Allen. Eli would probably need a guarantee from a team that he would be "the guy" for at least the 2018 season. The Jets could offer that to him. Get Eli in here.. draft Allen.. have him sit behind Eli and learn.. and go from there.

I don't know if it's avoidable at this time bro. I don't buy the whole "waive his trade clause" bullsh!t. Eli has done too much for that organization for them to trade him. I could see them granting his release and calling it a mutual parting of the ways. Give the man enough dignity to pick his next team. -- If that happens.. I honestly can't see him wanting to leave this area

Eli has a roster bonus that the Giants don’t want to pay.

Reese and McAdoo both fired. Just as well the Giants get it out of the way now instead of having the speculation hang over the franchise like a dark cloud for a month when they were both dead men walking anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Yep. This was handled so poorly from the getgo. The Giants have hit rock bottom so you have to figure no other place to go but up. It's still a desirable spot for a big coaching and GM candidate but...maybe not quite what it used to be. Their entire operation has been knocked down a peg in the eyes of everyone it seems

And it's going to get very ugly soon as the Cowboys and Eagles march into Metlife in back to back weeks. We're going to be talking about 40,000-50,000 visiting fans taking over that place. The optics are going to be hideous for them.

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Eli back as the starting QB the day after ending his starts streak :P

The ironic thing is that I never really had a problem with Eli being benched, given the team's record, EIi's age, and the fact that they have a young kid they could take a look at...but clearly they couldn't have possibly handled it any worse...and McAdouche clearly had to go.  Implying Geno somehow gave the Giants a better chance to win was just beyond unforgivable.  Canning the Clown Twins won't make up for how they treated an absolute class act, but at least it feels like some measure of justice was done today...neither the HC nor the GM deserved to stay here through the end of the year, and good for the Giants for breaking tradition on that count.       

I guess there's a chance Eli sticks around now?  Why bother to make nice with him at this point otherwise...the damage was pretty much already done, in that McAdope and Reese already killed his streak, and upset him big-time.  I guess the idea is to draft a top QB prospect (seems like they either don't think much of Webb or don't think he's yet ready to play in a real game), and have him sit for a year or so and have Eli mentor him?  Try to have Eli go out as a Giant?  So hard to tell where this is all going. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Gronkowski suspended a game for his late hit yesterday.

Just now, '7' said:

It's 100% the right move and it was absolutely called for...what he did yesterday was so completely wrong, even if he has no history of such behavior.  He's VERY lucky that the guy he hit wasn't seriously injured. 

I think the NFL could've suspended him for the next TWO games (this way they wouldn't have him against Pittsburgh) and been justified.  It really was that ugly.  BB is apparently furious with him. 

So they'll beat us by two TD's instead of three next week. Dilly dilly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's 100% the right move and it was absolutely called for...what he did yesterday was so completely wrong, even if he has no history of such behavior.  He's VERY lucky that the guy he hit wasn't seriously injured. 

I think the NFL could've suspended him for the next TWO games (this way they wouldn't have him against Pittsburgh) and been justified.  It really was that ugly.  BB is apparently furious with him. 

Belichick apologized to McDermott in their post-game handshake and called Gronk's move 'bullsh!t' while he did: http://deadsp.in/t4AxHjk I wouldn't have wanted to be Gronk this morning lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next week is shaping up as the typical count out NE at your own peril type game. Coming of an unexpected loss and going to Pitt to face an inspired Steeler team. Has 27-13 Patriots written all over it.