GDT: New Jersey @ Colorado 9pm

Derlique

Good, gutty win.

Hopefully they have a little something in the tank for a terrible opponent tomorrow night.

i think it's the only thing saving them from an automatic loss tomorrow night...... the opponent.

If the Devs were playing any other team tomorrow night after a hard game, we should chalk up an L, but it's Arizona.

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

We really did watch one sh!tty season of hockey last year. 

So true...I remember when some were saying that it was important for the Devils not to crash and burn as last season went on, because the bad feelings could filter into this season.  Oh well...

RECAP

• They had a solid 1st, were flat in the 2nd, and good in the 3rd.
  • Overall it was kind of a choppy game, with no real flow to it.
  • It was definitely a solid defensive effort, but not so much a great game offensively.

POSSESSION

• ES CF: 31 to 52
  • ES FF: 17 to 31
  • ES SF: 14 to 20
  • ES SCF: 9 to 19
  • ES HDCF: 4 to 7
  • All CF: 45 to 60
  • All FF: 28 to 36
  • All SF: 21 to 23
  • All SCF: 14 to 23
  • All HDCF: 6 to 10

3 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

Watching Nico Hischier play hockey for the Devils makes last year feel worth it.

Nothing too flashy tonight but he was stellar in our own zone.

Last season's final-act fold and some nice Ping-Pong luck landed us Hischier...it was a small price to pay.

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

+1. They're cruising.

They don't have the goaltending anymore.  Lundqvist won't keep this up and can't keep playing in this many games at his age, and Pavelec is not good.  I'm not worried about them blowing by the Devils.

• Like 1

I'll take that win, but I'd also get on the bus fast...   good to have vatanen get a win right off the bat.. he'll get more comfortable each game..  our second line was ok.. hopefully Hynes gives them some time to gel.. Bratt is everywhere.. everywhere he needs to be.. kid creates instant space for himself too..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They don't have the goaltending anymore.  Lundqvist won't keep this up and can't keep playing in this many games at his age, and Pavelec is not good.  I'm not worried about them blowing by the Devils.

I'm not thinking about where they are in relation to the Devils at the moment. But I acknowledge they're streaking.

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Speaking of the Rags, @SterioDesign needs an avatar change. Just saw Gaten Matarazzo was at the Garden all decked out in Rags gear. This displeases me greatly. :angry:

Apparently he sang the anthem...weird.  

I SAW THAT !!! Not happy with the kid at the moment. I'd like to think he was paid by the Rangers to be there cause he's popular lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

I'm not thinking about where they are in relation to the Devils at the moment. But I acknowledge they're streaking.

Remember their schedule imbalance too.  18 home games, 8 road games so far for them.  All things considered, they really didn't take that much advantage of that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Remember their schedule imbalance too.  18 home games, 8 road games so far for them.  All things considered, they really didn't take that much advantage of that.

Eh, they have the best winning percentage in the league since the start of November. They're playing exceptionally well. Surely, I hope they're not for real either.

31 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Last season's final-act fold and some nice Ping-Pong luck landed us Hischier...it was a small price to pay.

Goaltending: 

Schneider

2.68 GAA

0.920% Save %

Henrik:

2.66 GAA

0.917% Save %

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

3 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

Goaltending: 

Schneider

2.68 GAA

0.920% Save %

Henrik:

2.66 GAA

0.917% Save %

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Devils have a very solid backup. That’s the difference. 

The Rags have started Lundqvist 14 games in a row. He’s 35 years old...

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

That goal has to count imo

Being anal like I am,  I super slowed down Lovejoy's shot at the empty net. 

The puck was in the net with .01 left on the clock. 

I'd be shocked if that wasn't looked at by someone and adjusted. 

• Like 1

It's better if Rangers get in the playoff, then they don' have a chance to win the draft lottery.

I don' want them to get Rasmus Dahlin. That guy is playing really good. Seen a loot of games he played and he is the real deal. 

Edited by hrasvalg
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Devils have a very solid backup. That’s the difference. 

The Rags have started Lundqvist 14 games in a row. He’s 35 years old...

He conveniently ignored the part where I said that Lundqvist won't keep this up...he started slowly and has been pretty hot, but Pavelec not being good has forced the Rangers to start Lundqvist much more than they wanted to...no way was Plan A to start him in 23 out of 26 games to this point.  But between starting their season 1-5-2 and Pavelec being Pavelec, they had to get a little desperate.  Fortunately for them Henrik has played well for a while and they've recovered, but the Rangers could pay for this down the line...56 games left, 23 home, 33 road.  

6 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Eh, they have the best winning percentage in the league since the start of November. They're playing exceptionally well. Surely, I hope they're not for real either.

Read my above post....I have some solid reasons as to why this won't continue.  That's not to say that I think the Rangers are lousy and will sink out of the playoff race, but they're not going to tear it up from now through the end of the season.  And I can't rule out that they could eventually move past the Devils, but that would be due more to the Devils slumping for an extended period than the Rangers going crazy.  I know I harp on the Rags' early sched, but it was 100% tailor-made for them to get off to a tremendous start...think something along the lines of 17-6-3.  They had to ride an aging Lundqvist to just to get to 14-10-2...they came up 5 to 7 points short of what they should've been able to bank to this point.  Maybe the Rangers turn out to good enough that they can make up for this when their schedule evens out, and if they had their goaltending combo of two seasons ago and earlier, I'd be much more worried about that happening...I think they have a very tough road from here on out.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976