GDT: New Jersey @ Arizona 8pm ET

Derlique

21 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

RECAP

• This game represents everything wrong with Hynes and his system.
  • We could also use a true sniper.

POSSESSION

• ES CF: 57 to 46
  • ES FF: 35 to 31
  • ES SF: 21 to 22
  • ES SCF: 18 to 18
  • ES HDCF: 10 to 8
  • All CF: 67 to 52
  • All FF: 42 to 37
  • All SF: 26 to 27
  • All SCF: 23 to 23
  • All HDCF: 12 to 10

What system?

11 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

Y’all think Zajac will ever get a point again?

we don’t have a second line right now. 

It's time to take the "Old &/or Slow guys out of the lineup or minimize their deficiency minutes.    Zajac should be nowhere near the slot anymore He and Hayes have horrible hands and  Zajac's skating appears to be just coasting in most situations.  Mojo's play was way more affective in Washington when he carried the puck into zone on speed and either drop or cross passed to the trailing line mates for the score. I don't see any of that with the DEVS,

13 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

This team's biggest problem and a real challenge going forward - Andy Greene.

When your captain is demonstrably bad, yet forced to play over his head on a 1st pair, it creates all sorts of issues.

This is like when the Kings had to deal with Dustin Brown and his C. 

Greene is just bad at this point and he's forced to play top pair and Hynes can't do anything about it because of the C. 

People were killing Santini - I'm telling you, his biggest problem was getting paired with Andy.

Any Irony in tonight's game? Hmmmm, Shero trades a 3rd rounder for a 5th round return, who then turns around and shuts out this DEVS team, while giving AZ only their 5th win of the season AND they score a season high at home.  If Greene backed up any further on that almost 2 on 1 he would be behind KK.  Miles the Tasmanian Wood proved he's the faster skater in the building, but not the smartest... once again.

Yea, Santini needs to be back in the lineup, esp. now that he got to see 1st hand 'What Not To Do' by his Captain..

I like Sami Vatanen's play,  so much talent and  confidence in his play for only his 2nd game.

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Holy sh!t it takes 1/4 of a winning season for this board to fill back up with a ton of old “fans” who are now immediately jumping ship because of a tough loss with our backup goalie. 

Anyone claiming the sky is falling is out of line. But the Devils have now had a pretty prolonged period of less-than-stellar play with below average goal scoring.

• Like 1

I can't even say I'm surprised by this result once they said we had the best road record in the league and Arizona had the worst home record in the league and hadn't won a home game yet in regulation. Add that to former Devil for a hot minute Wedgewood getting the start bound to look like a hall of a famer and I never expected to win this game lol 

Hell we even got the first goal scored by strome thrown in there too. 

sh!t game, oh well, move on and win the next 3.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, HOLLYWOOD said:

It's time to take the "Old &/or Slow guys out of the lineup or minimize their deficiency minutes.    Zajac should be nowhere near the slot anymore He and Hayes have horrible hands and  Zajac's skating appears to be just coasting in most situations.  Mojo's play was way more affective in Washington when he carried the puck into zone on speed and either drop or cross passed to the trailing line mates for the score. I don't see any of that with the DEVS,

Any Irony in tonight's game? Hmmmm, Shero trades a 3rd rounder for a 5th round return, who then turns around and shuts out this DEVS team, while giving AZ only their 5th win of the season AND they score a season high at home.  If Greene backed up any further on that almost 2 on 1 he would be behind KK.  Miles the Tasmanian Wood proved he's the faster skater in the building, but not the smartest... once again.

Yea, Santini needs to be back in the lineup, esp. now that he got to see 1st hand 'What Not To Do' by his Captain..

I like Sami Vatanen's play,  so much talent and  confidence in his play for only his 2nd game.

It was the Coyotes 7th win. Don’t sell them short. :P

Glad I pretty much missed this one...I had it recorded, saw the first Cotoyes goal and had a bad feeling...as it was late, I fast-forwarded through much of it, and just saw the Coyotes' goal total climbing and climbling.  Like others have said, sometimes you have a complete clunker like this.  Things are not trending in the best of directions at the moment, especially from a goal-scoring standpoint...but the record is still very good at 15-7-4.  

Hard not to be worried about Andy Greene...and sundstrom had an excellent post about why it blows when your captain's play noticeably declines.  

And yikes with Travis...hard to believe he's pointless through nine.  

On to Columbus, fvck this game.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, HOLLYWOOD said:

Agree on Zajac. He looks so slow now alongside the other Devils players sans Greene. If these were the pre-Shero Devils you wouldn't notice. But now it' hard not to. 

As for Mojo, I wonder if he' playing scared after having the concussion. 

4 hours ago, slasher72 said:

As for Mojo, I wonder if he' playing scared after having the concussion. 

He got rocked a couple times against the Avs and I was like "uh oh, not again".

Don't know if he's playing scared, so much as finding his game again after missing quite a few games.

47 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I am beginning to wonder if I am watching the same games as some of you...

I get that same feeling all the time. People bitching about Stafford make me laugh, he’s an extra guy they picked up on a PTO because nobody else wanted him and he has 5 goals in 23 games. What was the expectation of a $800k player who couldn’t find a job??

5 hours ago, slasher72 said:

Agree on Zajac. He looks so slow now alongside the other Devils players sans Greene. If these were the pre-Shero Devils you wouldn't notice. But now it' hard not to. 

I haven’t liked Zajac in a couple years, but yeah, it’s big difference now that we have some speed. He and Greeneboth skate like they are in quicksand.

25 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I get that same feeling all the time. People bitching about Stafford make me laugh, he’s an extra guy they picked up on a PTO because nobody else wanted him and he has 5 goals in 23 games. What was the expectation of a $800k player who couldn’t find a job??

People bitching about Stafford make you laugh?? Well if that's the disconnect between our opinions then nothing I say will change your mind...

Edited by devlman

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Additionally, there’s no chance of this happening, nor has his play been so bad as to even warrant considering it. 

I mean, with Vatanen here, we can't say there's NO chance. Butcher is at the bottom of the group defensively. I actually think at this point, any one of our d-men is liable to sit. Maybe not Greene because he has the C.

1 hour ago, devlman said:

People bitching about Stafford make you laugh?? Well if that's the disconnect between our opinions then nothing I say will change your mind...

Did you have grand expectations of a player pulled off the scrap heap? He’s on a pace for like 18 goals if he played all 82, you wouldn’t be thrilled to get that from a player signed off a PTO for pennies?

He has as many goals as Hischier does, in fewer games, which is tied for 4th on the team.

Be more concerned about guys like Zacha, who is supposed to be something, or Zajac, who can’t seem to do anything anymore. Not a guy who was almost out of hockey without a job.