GDT: Devils @ Jackets - 5 Dec @ 7p Eastern

jagknife

Before last season, Cory's worst save percentage since the 2010-2011 season was a .921, he's one of the best goalies in the league, I don't know why some people can't just appreciate our best players. Taylor Hall and Schneider get so much sh!t from certain pockets of our fan base, but Cory is arguably a Vezina candidate at this point (and could have been a Vez candidate for 3 of his first 4 years here) and Hall is on pace for 88 points and 33 goals. I just don't get it.

I mean DAMMIT SHARU START K!NCAID COREY IS BAD, & BRING BACK WILD THING!!!!

Edited by CommonDreads
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Arguing with someone who thinks Schneider is “average” is like arguing with people who think the earth is flat. They’re idiots, nothing you can say to change their mind.

Get your facts straight, hardly anyone thought the world was flat in the middle ages.. it was a fabrication by liberals .. FAKE NEWS!  some things dont change.. :evil:

but yes cory is a top 10 goalie year in and year out!!  we can win with him,, hes part of the solution

Edited by EdgeControl
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

You know what's hard to really see sometimes? For example the last 2 games...

Did we REALLY play that badly against Arizona or they just had a really good game and made us look bad?

Then did we have a REALLY good game against Columbus or they had an off game and it made us look a lot better?

I'm not saying this is what happened. We really made great plays and it was a solid effort. But it's sometimes that's actually hard to distinguish at times cause we're all biased to some level that we want to admit it or not.

Just from my eyes, I think the Devils played down to Arizona and up to Columbus.

They just looked sloppy as fvck against the Yotes.  Might be hard to get up for that game right now.

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Might've meant a little more if he had "games played' on the x-axis.

Kuemper, Hutton, and Subban have all played less than 10 games, for example.  

Makes Cory's stats all the more impressive.

Yeah, but I figure those who are paying attention could figure that out. Cory's been unreal.

I guess the thing I'm wondering right now is how do we deploy our goalies for this upcoming back to back? I think I'm leaning towards Cory playing against Columbus again, they are clearly better than the Rangers and Keith has already beaten them (NYR) once, though it was while they were not playing very well.

Edited by Steven M.

13 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

Yeah, but I figure those who are paying attention could figure that out. Cory's been unreal.

I guess the thing I'm wondering right now is how do we deploy our goalies for this upcoming back to back? I think I'm leaning towards Cory playing against Columbus again, they are clearly better than the Rangers and Keith has already beaten them (NYR) once, though it was while they were not playing very well.

I agree. I’d go Cory/Fri KK/Sat

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

I would start Schneider in both games this weekend.  He's been playing really well.  And the schedule sets up that you can almost give him every game until the Xmas break. But split the back to back next week, Montreal/Dallas   Ride the hot hand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

You know what's hard to really see sometimes? For example the last 2 games...

Did we REALLY play that badly against Arizona or they just had a really good game and made us look bad?

Then did we have a REALLY good game against Columbus or they had an off game and it made us look a lot better?

I'm not saying this is what happened. We really made great plays and it was a solid effort. But it's sometimes that's actually hard to distinguish at times cause we're all biased to some level that we want to admit it or not.

We really play down or up to our opponent, which is not surprising for a young team.

Give me Cory for both games honestly. He's rolling right now. If he gets bombarded in the first one then maybe give me KK in the second.

Fun fact: Did you guys know KK has given up an early goal (first minute) in his last three starts?

Edited by Devilsfan118

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Give me Cory for both games honestly. He's rolling right now. If he gets bombarded in the first one then maybe give me KK in the second.

Fun fact: Did you guys know KK has given up an early goal (first minute) in his last three starts?

That is not fun at all!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Play Schneider the first 2 minutes, problem solved :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

Reminds me of someone’s sig... is it CR76? “Can a team do that? Play Marty all game then send Clemmensen out for the shootout?”

Yep, in my sig.  When I first started posting here, some idiot calling himself MacDevil (loooong since departed) threw that out there, stating that because Clemmer had played in SOs during the lockout, that he should be handling shootouts, because apparently in MacDevil's eyes, Marty wouldn't be able to handle them himself (of course Marty was excellent in them until his decline hit that part of his game too).  Oh the memories...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2