Pavel Zacha

Devilsfan118

4 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

I'm not discrediting him for the nice pass, it was a nice, albeit pretty standard NHL pass. He didn't make the play though, Butcher did, and the Rangers were asleep. I guess you can say Zacha timed his draw of the puck from backhand to forehand quite nicely.

I'll give you that I shouldn't say "no marked improvement." That's hyperbolic. But, flubs are not like...just a matter of luck. If three shots on goal becomes a regular thing for him though, I'll leave my complaints for Zajac.

I guess it's a good thing that the Devils have Hall Hischier and Bratt so that passes like the one Zacha made now seem routine.

• Like 2

pavel was ok yesterday but he still looks so dam methodical out there... mario Andretti once said, "if you are in complete control, you're just not driving fast enough"  take that advice PZ

btw, the assist was a very good play because the greene pass was had into his skates so he had to look down a second.. he found the open man immediately 

Edited by EdgeControl
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

pavel was ok yesterday but he still looks so dam methodical out there... mario Andretti once said, "if you are in complete control, you're just not driving fast enough"  take that advice PZ

btw, the assist was a very good play because the greene pass was had into his skates so he had to look down a second.. he found the open man immediately 

I'm giving Zacha some breathing room. He's probably under a lot of pressure, including form himself, and he is getting limited chances to play. Hynes needs to give him consecutive games and some room to make some mistakes.The issues with Hynes is compete level though, not his actual play. So we will see.

• Like 1

I'm giving Zacha some breathing room. He's probably under a lot of pressure, including form himself, and he is getting limited chances to play. Hynes needs to give him consecutive games and some room to make some mistakes.The issues with Hynes is compete level though, not his actual play. So we will see.

He's under pressure from more than just himself or the team apparently- there's an article over on HF that someone posted this morning that's in Czech- translated, it basically says Zacha's dad is a psycho who basically believed sports > education when it came to his son when he was growing up. It said Pavel Zacha Sr. pushed Zacha Jr. to play hockey and tennis so much every week to the point where he was missing copious amounts of school when he was younger, and that he continues to push his son and put pressure on him. It sounds like a Todd Marinovich type of situation. I have no idea how true it is, or if anything got lost in the translation. But it certainly didn't sound like a very rosy situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He's under pressure from more than just himself or the team apparently- there's an article over on HF that someone posted this morning that's in Czech- translated, it basically says Zacha's dad is a psycho who basically believed sports > education when it came to his son when he was growing up. It said Pavel Zacha Sr. pushed Zacha Jr. to play hockey and tennis so much every week to the point where he was missing copious amounts of school when he was younger, and that he continues to push his son and put pressure on him. It sounds like a Todd Marinovich type of situation. I have no idea how true it is, or if anything got lost in the translation. But it certainly didn't sound like a very rosy situation.

Pavel Ball

• Like 3

not to sure how he takes zajacs spot after sitting and since zajac has been playing better as well, or atleast less rusty...but its mincing, but it says something about hynes more than anything. Its a development year i get it but zacha needs to step up in a back to back rival game when hes rested...marked improvement is not enough.

the top line needs to break up anyway so theres options there.

it almost feels like they slotted him in 2c to expose him to step up and he most def didnt.

19 minutes ago, lazer said:

not to sure how he takes zajacs spot after sitting and since zajac has been playing better as well, or atleast less rusty...but its mincing, but it says something about hynes more than anything. Its a development year i get it but zacha needs to step up in a back to back rival game when hes rested...marked improvement is not enough.

the top line needs to break up anyway so theres options there.

it almost feels like they slotted him in 2c to expose him to step up and he most def didnt.

Seriously? Zacha assisted on one of the two goals (on a pass that was something better than your standard NHL pass), got 3 shots off, and was creating chances last night. Zajac was simply bad the previous game, and deserved to be put on the third line. It's not only the lack of offense, he has been slow and made lazy plays. Zacha is not going to fix every part of his game in one night, but he took a step forward last night, and did more good than bad.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

This does not surprise me at all, his father comes up a lot in conversation about him and I sometimes wonder if Pavel is simply burned out on hockey at age 20.  Would be a shame if that's the case.  

6 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Please, it was a good pass, but not anything special.

A lot of NHL players wouldn't see that pass, and a lot of other NHL players would see the pass but not execute.  It's a nice play.  Zacha had a fine game even if he doesn't make that pass.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

I'd rather have a methodical player than a player that's like a loose cannon all over the ice, I've always liked the sense of poise in Pavel's game, I don't think he looks rushed when he has the puck and I don't think he needs to just charge straight up the ice or at the net when the puck is on his stick, because that's how you turn the puck over.

Thought Pavel was very good against the Rangers, he better still be in the lineup against the Kings or something just isn't right. He deserves to be in this lineup.

21 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I remember hearing stuff about his father being overbearing, but the two were together at the draft were they not?  So it doesn't seem like it messed with his head that much, and his father did let go enough to let him play in North America as a sixteen/seventeen year old.

And Marinovich is a completely different situation.  It was heavy, heavy drug use that destroyed Marinovich.  He probably would have been a good NFL QB if not for that.

Maybe a better comparison is Patrick O'Sullivan, but his father appears to have been a real psychopath.  Plus, O'Sullivan was only a second round pick, so you'd think that Zacha is the more talented player.

• Like 1