Pavel Zacha

Devilsfan118

1 hour ago, Triumph said:

Or what happened when the Islanders sold high on Griffin Reinhart.

I mean, some GMs never cease to amaze, but I don’t think you’re going to see one like that for a while.  But yeah, if someone wants to give me the 14th pick in the draft for Zacha, I’ll take the risk that he puts it together with another team.

At the same time, I’d rather just hang on to him and take a chance that he’s the next Rostislav Olesz (y’know because they’re both Czech) than getting pretty much nothing for him, which is what the Isles got for Neidereitter. 

We're also talking about a team that had a #1 and #5 pick in the first round and they picked Rick DiPietro and Raffi Torres respectively. Nothing against Humpty but you see diamonds in the rough like Bobrovsky go undrafted and then 

Price going 5th overall, DiPietro going first is fvcking insane considering the Islanders could have had Heatley, Gaborik, or Hartnell; and then Torres at 5th, I don't understand how MGMT wasn't cleaned out after 2000 for NYI

point: We are not the Islanders and if we can get something for Zacha that's worth it, then fvck it, go for it.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

24 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

We're also talking about a team that had a #1 and #5 pick in the first round and they picked Rick DiPietro and Raffi Torres respectively. Nothing against Humpty but you see diamonds in the rough like Bobrovsky go undrafted and then 

Price going 5th overall, DiPietro going first is fvcking insane considering the Islanders could have had Heatley, Gaborik, or Hartnell; and then Torres at 5th, I don't understand how MGMT wasn't cleaned out after 2000 for NYI

point: We are not the Islanders and if we can get something for Zacha that's worth it, then fvck it, go for it.

And from there DiPietro sucked/was injured non factor from about 2008 on, has been retired several years and will be costing the Islanders a cap hit until 2029.

#assetmanagement

8 hours ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

And from there DiPietro sucked/was injured non factor from about 2008 on, has been retired several years and will be costing the Islanders a cap hit until 2029.

#assetmanagement

Not that it changes much but IIRC DiPietros buyout doesn't count against their cap

I could be wrong though

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

8 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Not that it changes much but IIRC DiPietros buyout doesn't count against their cap

I could be wrong though

Correct, he was bought out with one of those compliance buyouts after the 2013 lockout, so he's not against the Cap, though the Isles will still be paying him through 2029

12 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Even worse, they traded Luongo to make room for DiPietro. 

26 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Even worse, they traded Luongo to make room for DiPietro. 

Milbury was SUCH a colossal fvck-up as the Isles' GM...how he held on to the job for as long as he did will truly remain one of life's great mysteries. 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Good game for Zacha tonight. Hopefully he can build on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gotta say, I didn't think he was good at all. He couldn't finish and he didn't look fast to the puck or on the puck. Yeah, he got an assist when the Rangers fell asleep but I saw no marked improvement.

3 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

I gotta say, I didn't think he was good at all. He couldn't finish and he didn't look fast to the puck or on the puck. Yeah, he got an assist when the Rangers fell asleep but I saw no marked improvement.

He was rusty, but he was on the puck a hell of a lot more than previous games.  Drove hard to the net a couple times and ended up with 3 shots, and would've had more if not for a few flubs. 

• Like 2

He was on the puck all night and had chances. He didn't finish, but sh!t happens. And his assist was a nice pass, don't know what it had to do with the Rags 'falling asleep' as you say. That sounds more like an effort to discredit a nice play Zacha made to fit your argument.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

He was on the puck all night and had chances. He didn't finish, but sh!t happens. And his assist was a nice pass, don't know what it had to do with the Rags 'falling asleep' as you say. That sounds more like an effort to discredit a nice play Zacha made to fit your argument.

I'm not discrediting him for the nice pass, it was a nice, albeit pretty standard NHL pass. He didn't make the play though, Butcher did, and the Rangers were asleep. I guess you can say Zacha timed his draw of the puck from backhand to forehand quite nicely.

2 hours ago, Triumph said:

He was rusty, but he was on the puck a hell of a lot more than previous games.  Drove hard to the net a couple times and ended up with 3 shots, and would've had more if not for a few flubs. 

I'll give you that I shouldn't say "no marked improvement." That's hyperbolic. But, flubs are not like...just a matter of luck. If three shots on goal becomes a regular thing for him though, I'll leave my complaints for Zajac.

3 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

I'll give you that I shouldn't say "no marked improvement." That's hyperbolic. But, flubs are not like...just a matter of luck. If three shots on goal becomes a regular thing for him though, I'll leave my complaints for Zajac.

Of his various development warts, I really don’t remember flubbing prime scoring chances as an issue with Zacha like it might be with a guy like Zajac.   If anything, PZ usually seems to ring his chances off the post.   For that reason, for the time being i’m happy to chalk the flubs up to some combination of rust and holding the stick too tight.  I think everyone’s issue has been his timid play and lack of involvement and I think that was much, much better last night.   If he continues that play you’ll see a lot more points come.

Also, I don’t think you’re giving him enough credit on that assist.   He settled the puck and moved the launch point pretty quickly which is what allowed that pass to get though.  I don’t think there are too many guys on the roster other than the top line that would have made that.   

• Like 1