Sign in to follow this  
jagknife

GDT: Jackets @ Devils - 8 Dec - 7p

Play like we did Tuesday, win at home, pad the lead in the division = profit

LGD!

• Like 1

Will it be Kinkaid tonight, Schneider tomorrow?

A big Friday night home game against a divisional opponent in December....sweet.   Come on boys, keep the points coming.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, '7' said:

Cory tonight, Kinkaid tomorrow

EDIT: Which, FWIW, Lundqvist is playing tonight for the Rangers, so it might be Kinkaid vs Pavelec tomorrow at MSG

Edited by CommonDreads

Good question. I'd rather have Schneider go tomorrow myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is a pretty important back to back this weekend. The division is so tight they need to keep taking in points or they will quickly find themselves from first way down the ladder. Would rater Cory tomorrow against a team we never want to lose against. Cant make it tonight but I will be at msg tomorrow

• Like 1

LGD. They've shown they can still rise to the challenge so I expect a W tonight. I may have to miss the game due to a social gathering, it would be my first one of the season. I am severely salted about it. 

37 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

this is a pretty important back to back this weekend. The division is so tight they need to keep taking in points or they will quickly find themselves from first way down the ladder. Would rater Cory tomorrow against a team we never want to lose against. Cant make it tonight but I will be at msg tomorrow

Well it's more important at this point to win against Columbus who's 1 point behind us than the Rangers who's 4 pts behind at this point. In a perfect world we'd win both but if we had to pick. What's best for our position in the standings is to win against Colombus. I know it sucks to lose against the Rangers but you know

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well it's more important at this point to win against Columbus who's 1 point behind us than the Rangers who's 4 pts behind at this point. In a perfect world we'd win both but if we had to pick. What's best for our position in the standings is to win against Colombus. I know it sucks to lose against the Rangers but you know

Too early to make a big deal out of standings...they're so close, and with the way the division looks to be shaping up, there will be a lot of knocking each other off...I'd take a split of the next two games, regardless of how it comes.  One result isn't going to bother me more than the other.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Too early to make a big deal out of standings...they're so close, and with the way the division looks to be shaping up, there will be a lot of knocking each other off...I'd take a split of the next two games, regardless of how it comes.  One result isn't going to bother me more than the other.

Still... if you're playing Mario Kart... even if you're just on your first lap... and you get a banana or a shell... you want to slow down the person right behind you as much as possible. Not the 4th behind you. :P 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Still... if you're playing Mario Kart... even if you're on the first lap... and you get a banana or a shell... you want to slow down the person right behind you as much as possible. Not the 4th behind you. :P 

Ideally you lay out a formidable mine field of bananas to disrupt as many racers as possible tho

Which is to say...let's just win both games :P

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Still... if you're playing Mario Kart... even if you're on the first lap... and you get a banana or a shell... you want to slow down the person right behind you as much as possible. Not the 4th behind you. :P 

That's one of the best analogies I've ever heard :lol:

Also, I'm fine with Schneider tonight and Kinkaid tomorrow.  I also expected it.   I actually would have been fine with Schneider playing both.  He's been pretty well rested so far this season with Kinkaid getting more starts than usual I feel, so might as well test him early and see how he handles a larger workload, to get ready for potential playoff time.  Still, IF we have to split and use both guys, it makes sense to play your better goalie against the tougher of the two opponents, and I think most of us would agree that's Columbus over the Rangers right now.  

Either way, we need both wins pretty badly.  Let's get them both in regulation.

Let's Go Devils!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

lmao, sadly I haven't played Mario Kart since the 64...me and two buds (often smoking bud) used to play a game we made up called MK21...who ever finished first in any given race got two points, 2nd place was worth a point, and last was zero.  The race winner would get to select the next track.  Whoever got to 21 points first would win...it was always a blast when the "title" for that day came down to the last couple of races.    

There's a part of me that thinks about picking up a Nintendo Switch for my daughter, but I like that she's not constantly playing video games. 

Anyway, LGD...would love to see them win both games (duh). 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Ideally you lay out a formidable mine field of bananas to disrupt as many racers as possible tho
Which is to say...let's just win both games default_tongue.png

I approve this strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Head's up that the Raritan Valley line for NJ Transit is suspended indefinitely due to a major freight train derailment in Union Twp.  From the pictures and videos I have seen it looks really bad.

If you use that line to get to the game try to find another way.

Edited by DevsMan84