GDT: Jackets @ Devils - 8 Dec - 7p

jagknife

Just being emotional. A split with a really good Jackets team is not bad. Just a frustrating loss. 

Anytime you blow a multi-goal lead, spend an entire period pissing down your leg, and have your goalie play like sh!t, people aren't gonna be too thrilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Really tough loss. Remember this game when looking back at the standings at the end of the season. Crucial game tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Who needs competition when you can ratfvck yourself out of a playoff spot? 

Why in the world are you guys talking about falling out of the playoffs? Talk about overreacting...

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You can cherry-pick any loss you want and play this game.  At 2-0, they were looking good, but it's not like the Devils had a win wrapped up.  

Not against the team that is chasing us and will be neck and neck with us in the standings. If we lost against the Ducks or whatever who cares. But us and the jackets trading first place has been the story this year. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Why in the world are you guys talking about falling out of the playoffs? Talk about overreacting...

Some fans can definitely use a thick frosty mug of even keel.  

Frustrating night for sure, but one the team can learn from.  Always hurts when prime opportunities don't get buried.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Anytime you blow a multi-goal lead, spend an entire period pissing down your leg, and have your goalie play like sh!t, people aren't gonna be too thrilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well said

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Frustrating night for sure, but one the team can learn from.  Always hurts when prime opportunities don't get buried.

Certainly part of this is that the Devils are not first place good, but have managed to win at all the right times to stay up there, so none of us have been able to mentally accept that we aren't top flight material yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Where did you see me talking about not making the playoffs? I'm telling you this MIGHT, I repreat, MIGHT be a cruacial one at the end, cause we've been close with the Jackets all year in the standings

1 minute ago, Gunslinger27 said:

Cant believe we have Greenie for the next 3 years at 5 mill, Zajac for 4 years 5.7. Oyyy vay

I wish the two of them would just retire already.  Greene is pretty much done as a defenseman and Zajac plays little defense anymore, hardly ever scores, and barely wins any faceoffs. And both get paid a fortune relative to their current skillset.

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

My issue is they should have learned from Arizona. Tuesday should have been the momentum starting building Block. And for 4 periods it looked that way. Then they took most of the second off, and it only snowballed 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

My issue is they should have learned from Arizona. Tuesday should have been the momentum starting building Block. And for 4 periods it looked that way. Then they took most of the second off, and it only snowballed 

So this team was supposed to have it all figured out after one bad game?  Man the standards around here are just absurd sometimes.

And it's not like Columbus is a team of slouches.  They're trying to win too.  Devils weren't good enough overall to win tonight.  

• Like 2